Confirmed with Link: Hronek traded to Vancouver for ‘23 1st (NYI) and ‘23 2nd (VAN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I'm relieved we didnt land Chychrun. Sure he's a great player, but I have no desire to take on a guy who's injured all the time. I'm curious what the plan is to replace Hronek.
Chychrun could also bolt in 2 years.

Reactions: kliq

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Today’s soft society?

I would argue the process to make it to the NHL is more cutthroat that it has ever been.
Should be this cutthroat... this is a professional sport isnt it. This is only league where plebs like kulikov get NMCs. Seriously no need to over analyze this move. Got humiliated by the banter team in Ottawa. Hronek doesnt move the needle. So happy we dont have the discussion of extending him to a larger term either.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Hronek is replaceable. Great trade. Was never a fan in the first place but thats not the point. You gotta cash in when someone offers u an out like this

Don’t mind the trade, honestly, but replaceable is a pretty generous word when we’ve drafted one defenseman better than him since Kronwall.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I will miss him!

Hronek.jpg

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
There is no way AJ ever matches Hronek's production, but he's going to be a stable bottom pairing guy.
Wallinder and Edvinsson are the replacements for Hronek. The problem is that this still leaves us with Chiarot/Oesterle/Lindstrom/Hagg playing actual NHL minutes.

Until the team ices actual NHL players in roster spots 1-20 I will believe that they have an internal cap.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Albert Johansson at roughly .27ppg in the AHL in his D+4.

Hronek in his D+4 was .5ppg in the NHL and over .75ppg in the AHL.

Food for thought.

I’m guessing you haven’t watched the Griffs this year. Ben Simon just recently discovered what puck possession hockey is and Johansson has subsequently gone on a heater now that he’s allowed to skate the puck instead of dump it from his blue line.

Reactions: Murmansk16A

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Wallinder and Edvinsson are the replacements for Hronek. The problem is that this still leaves us with Chiarot/Oesterle/Lindstrom/Hagg playing actual NHL minutes.

Until the team ices actual NHL players in roster spots 1-20 I will believe that they have an internal cap.
You can't just conjure NHL talent out of the ether. If we had talent worth paying, they'd be getting paid.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

Hagg and Oesterle are free agents and gone after this year.

Detroit also has 3 2nd round picks. they can afford to dump one to get rid of Chiarot if they want to.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
So after all the bullshit from Arizona and Chychrun saga, he’s traded for a 1st and a 2nd. Just like Hronek.

There are lots of good FA RD this year.

Dumba and Severson are the two I’d rather the most.
And if the Sens make the playoffs and NYI miss it, his return is even better.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Hagg and Oesterle are free agents and gone after this year.

Detroit also has 3 2nd round picks. they can afford to dump one to get rid of Chiarot if they want to.

If Detroit dumped Chiarot and replaced him with Dumba I'll be right there with you at Kmart buying new pants.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Do you think Hronek would have been traded had they won those two games? Those two games weren't everything, but it seems like it was game over for this season

Yes. If Yzerman is trading Hronek that means he didn't plan to keep him. 2 losses doesn't change whether a guy is in your long term plans.

We need to beat the Islanders on Saturday.

Why? We just got rid of Hronek, Bertuzzi has likely played his last game, there is no way we are making that final playoff spot now. We weren't going to make it with them, sure as heck not without them.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Why? We just got rid of Hronek, Bertuzzi has likely played his last game, there is no way we are making that final playoff spot now. We weren't going to make it with them, sure as heck not without them.
Well we have the Islanders 1st round pick now.

So the win works on multiple levels is what he was playing at.

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
2 losses in a crunch time have shown that this team is not ready for playoffs. 2 wins -- and Yzerman's a buyer.

No he isn't. He isn't stupid, 2 wins doesn't change the team at all. It is literally the same players. If we were buyers, Yzerman would have improved the 3rd pair before the games against Ottawa.

Reactions: Filppula

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Well we have the Islanders 1st round pick now.

So the win works on multiple levels is what he was playing at.

Yeah, I realized he was probably talking about wanting the Isles lower in the standings after I posted. That said, I don't see very many wins the rest of the way now that we have downgraded our blueline and likely forward group the rest of the way. The Isles have more to lose, so I expect they will be the better team.

Agree to disagree.

Fine. But just to be clear, Yzerman traded Hronek for future players?, with no one back in return currently. You are suggesting had we won, that Hronek is staying in Detroit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad