Confirmed with Link: Hronek traded to Vancouver for ‘23 1st (NYI) and ‘23 2nd (VAN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I might die of laughter if Detroit ends up trading Bertuzzi to Toronto for Boston’s 1st+ and then trades that 1st to St. Louis for Parayko.

• Love
Reactions: SoupNazi

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
giphy.gif

1677718957656.png

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
So Hronek goes and plays two of the worst games he has ever played in Ottawa, giving up dudes alone on goaltenders all over the place, then gets hurt.

Such odd timing for a team like Vancouver to pay a heavy price to get him. That org cracks me up.
It's been said a few times in this thread, and others recently, but most would agree organizations are not basing the totality of their decision making on a two game sample size. If any are, well I can point you to which end of the standings you would find them

• Haha
Reactions: Sentinel

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Ogee got so erect at the prospect of finally getting to bash Hronek after the Ottawa games that he has to buy a whole new set of pants.

Hronek was killing it this season until they paired him with Chiarot. Funny how Seider and Hronek's play and statlines flipped after getting paired with that black hole.
That or a trip an ER to bring things back down to earth. In fact several visits may be in order at this point given the trade.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
This is a kind of wild take on Hronek. He’s been good this year and part of last because Seider pushed him down to the 2nd pairing and this year we got Maatta to babysit his defensive deficiencies. We’re a bubble team. He is not close to a 1D on our team.

If we don’t acquire n RD I think this means Stevie has his eyes on Reinbacher at the draft.
Yes and not. Hronek is second line Rd , Rainbacher is long way NHL

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Yzerman traded for then signed McDonagh to a 7-year deal at $6.75M per when he was 30.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go after Parayko.

Exactly. And I’d expect another 4 good years from Parayko. If he gets bad then LTIRetire.

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
Something that hasn’t been discussed is how this affects the morale and longer term culture. You can’t help but wonder what message this sends to the guys in the room, right?

Despite the emotional rollercoaster the trip to Ottawa put them through, they remain tied in the standings with the Sens (who are buying for a playoff push). If we’re solely basing whether SY should buy or sell on these past two games, this trade (on paper) is tough to disagree with. Nevertheless, with over 20+ games to play, and 2 wildcard spots up for grab, selling right now feels like a premature throwing in of the towel. Not to mention Fil appeared to be well-liked and a real lockerroom guy.

It’s hard to argue with the return, especially considering the strength of this upcoming draft class. I also understand it’s now or never. However you have to wonder how the players in that room will take this, in both the short and long term. Like… “so do you want us to push for the playoffs still or nah Steve?”

Reactions: dalem177

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Something that hasn’t been discussed is how this affects the morale and longer term culture. You can’t help but wonder what message this sends to the guys in the room, right?

Despite the emotional rollercoaster the trip to Ottawa put them through, they remain tied in the standings with the Sens (who are buying for a playoff push). If we’re solely basing whether SY should buy or sell on these past two games, this trade (on paper) is tough to disagree with. Nevertheless, with over 20+ games to play, and 2 wildcard spots up for grab, selling right now feels like a premature throwing in of the towel. Not to mention Fil appeared to be well-liked and a real lockerroom guy.

It’s hard to argue with the return, especially considering the strength of this upcoming draft class. I also understand it’s now or never. However you have to wonder how the players in that room will take this, in both the short and long term.
That is easy, Yzerman is here to build a winner. Sorry, this train is NOT for everyone. Currently, we are not close to being competitive in the playoffs.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

It’s hard to argue with the return, especially considering the strength of this upcoming draft class. I also understand it’s now or never. However you have to wonder how the players in that room will take this, in both the short and long term. Like… “so do you want us to push for the playoffs still or nah Steve?”
The Red Wings had not one, but two games where they could have made a statement. They fell flat on their faces, twice, and thus they should not be surprised at the result.

The players are professionals. These aren’t throwaway games out in Rochester, these games matter. If they can’t deal with that reality then they don’t seem like players I would trust to win 16 games in the most brutal, important tournament of the season.

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
That is easy, Yzerman is here to build a winner. Sorry, this train is NOT for everyone. Currently, we are not close to being competitive in the playoffs.

I mean sure. You aren’t wrong, but in today’s soft society I could see a loss of faith and trust in an organization who sells important pieces while you sit a few points out of a playoff spot (with over 20 games to play).

Crazy enough, some guys in that room still believe they aren’t out of it. Some of them want to push for a chance at Lord Stanley. Easy for us to sit on the sidelines and say they aren’t ready, and we’re probably right. But those players didn’t necessarily believe it was over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad