How old is too old to attend an NHL game?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Are you dead or unable to make it to an arena? If not you’re still allowed to attend. Exceptions include fans who sucker punch opposing fans while leaving the arena and people who can’t be within a certain distance of children.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
You can get my hockey tickets...

giphy.gif

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I would say around 28. By then you should be focused on your career and family, not focused on a game that many children play. I've always felt it embarrassing for people when I watch games live on TV and I see actual adults in the stands without their kids with them. I'm not here to tell people here what they should do with their lives, but reconsider your life, values and where you'll be 10 years from now.
So enjoy those three years after Leonardo DiCaprio kicks you to the curb.

• Haha
Reactions: SoupNazi

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Last game my great-grandparents went to was when they were both 89 years old. If it weren't for my great uncle forcing them into a nursing home; they would of gone until they passed

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'd say when you're dead, probably not a good idea to have your dead self at a Hockey game.
There's a joke to be made here about a team having a dead atmosphere, but I haven't decided which team should be the victim of it.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
You shouldn't be allowed into a hockey arena if you're younger than 70.

Yes, that includes the players. Hockey is for mature adults only.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg lost one of our best fans at age 98 a few years ago. He drove from Kenora (passenger) for every home game. When he first got sick people immediately wondered where he was. He got such a massive ovation when he came back. Unfortunately it wasn't for much longer.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
About the same age I stopped going to nightclubs.

As a 45 year old dad who saw Metallica 5 times in their prime, and Paul McCartney with 500,000 others I am forever done with crowds.

Don't care if they ressurect Michael Jackson, Jimi Hendrix, and Tupac for a live concert. I have zero interest in ever being in a crowd again on my own free will. Or spending 45mins stuck in "event traffic" waiting for parking.

That said I wouldn't mind going to a sports bar if I wanted some of that ambience. But naw I'm too old for that live event shit now.

I mean I used to do shots of jagr-bombs.

Now I have absolutely no understanding of why anyone would ever want to do shots.

Last edited:

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Came in here thinking the common answer would be like 90 or whenever mobility issues become too much. But apparently sports is only for the children?

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
I would say around 28. By then you should be focused on your career and family, not focused on a game that many children play. I've always felt it embarrassing for people when I watch games live on TV and I see actual adults in the stands without their kids with them. I'm not here to tell people here what they should do with their lives, but reconsider your life, values and where you'll be 10 years from now.
This from the person that has a Nickelodeon cartoon character as their avatar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad