How old is too old to attend an NHL game?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
That makes me wonder if any fan has ever died at a hockey game (not later in the hospital, but in the stands, at the game)?

For me, that'd be pretty good. I've always told my wife that I hope to die in the throes of passion with her, but all things considered I'd probably rather die at a hockey game.
Don't think so. Brittany Cecil died in the hospital after taking a puck to the face and that's why there's bets over the glass today

EDIT: beat by one post!

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
When you no longer enjoy the live atmosphere, it is time to no longer go. That might happen as a kid for some, and it may never happen for others. You're never "too old" to enjoy a live game.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I would say around 28. By then you should be focused on your career and family, not focused on a game that many children play. I've always felt it embarrassing for people when I watch games live on TV and I see actual adults in the stands without their kids with them. I'm not here to tell people here what they should do with their lives, but reconsider your life, values and where you'll be 10 years from now.

Dumbest take in years. In the same way, then, people should stop reading books, watching movies or listening to music when they're 28. Get a life.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
I took my great Aunt and grandmother to a game in Buffalo 16 years ago. They were both in their late 70s, and this was their first Sabres game. The wheelchair space for the seats was nice, but then we saw Richard Zednik almost die when he took a skate to the carotid artery. Thankfully they cleaned the blood up off the ice, Zednik lived, and they made the shellshocked players finish the game.

So based on my experience, those in their late 70s should not attend.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I would say around 28. By then you should be focused on your career and family, not focused on a game that many children play. I've always felt it embarrassing for people when I watch games live on TV and I see actual adults in the stands without their kids with them. I'm not here to tell people here what they should do with their lives, but reconsider your life, values and where you'll be 10 years from now.
wow this has got to be up there in the top 3 wildest comments ever made on these forums lol

so a couple of 32 year old buddies hitting up a Leaf game makes you feel embarrassed for them?

I've never heard anything like this lol.. please explain in more detail your exact thought process on this one

Reactions: Faterson

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
wow this has got to be up there in the top 3 wildest comments ever made on these forums lol

so a couple of 32 year old buddies hitting up a Leaf game makes you feel embarrassed for them?

I've never heard anything like this lol.. please explain in more detail your exact thought process on this one
Hasn’t been heard from since.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
... How the f*** can you tell whether an adult in the stands actually has a kid?

For me, that'd be pretty good. I've always told my wife that I hope to die in the throes of passion with her, but all things considered I'd probably rather die at a hockey game.
Man, that's just... Not cool for your wife.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I love how no one gets the joke here.

Good one.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
No age to go & be a fan of a team or the game. However if you're over 16* or so you shouldn't be begging for autographs/gear...certainly not if you're older than the player.

*an exception might be made between 16-18 if your cute girlfriend is right next to you & actually wants something like that.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Folks, we found JD Vance's account. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Are you North Korean?

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
I'd say when you're dead, probably not a good idea to have your dead self at a Hockey game.
Speak for yourself. I'm leaving specific instructions for my boys to pull a Weekend at Bernie's with me after I'm dead and take me to a hockey game and an F1 race. A track ride-along would be on the itinerary.

Then they can fly me to Spain and bury me in the fake graveyard from The Good the Bad and the Ugly. I'll be in the grave marked Unknown near Arch Stanton.

Last edited:

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
That makes me wonder if any fan has ever died at a hockey game (not later in the hospital, but in the stands, at the game)?

"Honey, lemme tell you about how I dream of one day traumatizing tf out of you"

Are you North Korean?
Hey now. North Koreans know how to have fun

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Dumbest take in years. In the same way, then, people should stop reading books, watching movies or listening to music when they're 28. Get a life.
Maybe that’s why there’s a 27 Club, everyone realizes they’ve peaked and nothing left to live for :sarcasm:

Apr 9, 2009
USA

This is the dumbest f***ing post I've ever seen on the internet.

Guy with 15k posts on HFBoards is telling 28+ year olds to evaluate their lives because they went to a hockey game. Shouldn't you be spending that time being an adult?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I keep wondering how old you are.

Because if you’re older than 21 or 22, you should be focused on starting your career and family. And not focused on posting on an online message board, talking about a game where many children play.

But I’m still skeptical that post was serious and just somehow slid past our sarcasm detectors. :laugh:

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
Finally! I've found the worst take in the history of Hfboards!! This is an extraordinary shitty take!

There's no age limit. Go there if you're a child, go if you're a 90+ year old. It's about the love of the game.

Reactions: Bleedred

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I keep wondering how old you are.

Because if you’re older than 21 or 22, you should be focused on starting your career and family. And not focused on posting on an online message board, talking about a game where many children play.

But I’m still skeptical that post was serious and just somehow slid past our sarcasm detectors. :laugh:

If he's early 20s, he started posting when he was a pre-teen. Which would actually check out.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is the dumbest f***ing post I've ever seen on the internet.

Guy with 15k posts on HFBoards is telling 28+ year olds to evaluate their lives because they went to a hockey game. Shouldn't you be spending that time being an adult?
I wanna say he’s clowned us with what should be a very sarcastic and non-serious post.

But the part about not being here to tell people what they should do with their lives and reconsider your lives and values, etc makes me think maybe it was serious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad