How old is too old to attend an NHL game?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I was gonna say probably like 85/90 purely for health reasons but the responses in here are hilarious

If going to an NHL game is bad I don't wanna know what posting on HF boards is

Pucklington

Zum Bäcker.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
I would say around 28. By then you should be focused on your career and family, not focused on a game that many children play. I've always felt it embarrassing for people when I watch games live on TV and I see actual adults in the stands without their kids with them. I'm not here to tell people here what they should do with their lives, but reconsider your life, values and where you'll be 10 years from now.

Your posting on a hockey board and have almost 15,000 posts...

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Beale

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
Realistically it's all about balance. I have no issue with anyone of any age attending a game as long as they aren't living beyond their means and are healthy enough to do so. They aren't a drunk ***hole as well.
While I myself find it hard to hand over 300$ of my hard earned cash to watch my team play from a crappy seat, others are happy to do so, so good for them and enjoy the atmosphere and 25$ beer.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
What do you think?

giphy.gif

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I think there should be an age limit for infants because of the noise but what else are you gonna do to enjoy life in retirement and the twilight years if not catching some games in person? If you're old enough, hell even if you're a young person in their teens or twenties, tomorrow is not guaranteed. Like shit, you could die an hour after reading this post for whatever reason regardless of life or circumstance. Life is fragile asf and all the geezers should be free to spend their dollars on some $9 hot dogs.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Kind of a goof thread but it is valid to point out that most arena experiences are now insipid and overstimulating for no discernible reason, and to pose the idea that all of the constant pumped-in audio probably does more to kill off fan noise and engagement rather than motivate it.
I hate the fake atmosphere at NHL games. Europeans do it so much better.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I would say around 28. By then you should be focused on your career and family, not focused on a game that many children play. I've always felt it embarrassing for people when I watch games live on TV and I see actual adults in the stands without their kids with them. I'm not here to tell people here what they should do with their lives, but reconsider your life, values and where you'll be 10 years from now.

This post is likely in jest, and people are giving you crap for it - but there is a kernel of truth to it.

Life is about balance. Hockey or entertainment should not be anywhere near the most important thing in your life. Family, career, physical health, etc. Easier said than done, but people above a certain age should not have their identity wrapped up in celebrities, sports, video games, etc.

I don't think there is anything wrong with taking your kid to a game. That's a positive experience. There is a difference between taking your kid to a game, because they like Spartacat and dancing to the clap your hand song they play at intermission, and teaching your kid that celebrity athletes are gods, and our entire identity must be built around our adulation of these people.

Watching 82 games is a massive time sink and commitment, but that isn't exclusive to sports. There are people who go home and watch 3 hours of Impractical Jokers re-runs. So again, it comes down to prioritizing things and having a balance.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
This post is likely in jest, and people are giving you crap for it - but there is a kernel of truth to it.

Life is about balance. Hockey or entertainment should not be anywhere near the most important thing in your life. Family, career, physical health, etc. Easier said than done, but people above a certain age should not have their identity wrapped up in celebrities, sports, video games, etc.

I don't think there is anything wrong with taking your kid to a game. That's a positive experience. There is a difference between taking your kid to a game, because they like Spartacat and dancing to the clap your hand song they play at intermission, and teaching your kid that celebrity athletes are gods, and our entire identity must be built around our adulation of these people.

Watching 82 games is a massive time sink and commitment, but that isn't exclusive to sports. There are people who go home and watch 3 hours of Impractical Jokers re-runs. So again, it comes down to prioritizing things and having a balance.
If taking 3 hours to go to a hockey game upsets someone's life balance I think they have bigger issues.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
One of my brothers feels that way because of rowdy fans. Last time me and another mate went to a football game he was appalled at the foul and obstreperous language some fans showed and said he would not want his sons exposed to that.

Not to mention the potential for violence from fans who get way to into it, which if you get into an actual fist fight you are and need to find a new hobby.

Primary assist from Budweiser.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I never said that in my post.
You said there's a kernel of truth about a post that states that if you're 28+ and attending a hockey game without a child, you need to question your priorities.

There's no kernel of truth to that. Spending 3 hours at a hockey game (no matter the age) isn't an action that deserves scrutiny and it's silly to lecture people on 'finding balance in one's life' in response.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
You said there's a kernel of truth about a post that states that if you're 28+ and attending a hockey game without a child, you need to question your priorities.

There's no kernel of truth to that. Spending 3 hours at a hockey game (no matter the age) isn't an action that deserves scrutiny and it's silly to lecture people on 'finding balance in one's life' in response.

If you read my post, we are arguing the same thing.

DowJones

Aug 30, 2008
I would say around 28. By then you should be focused on your career and family, not focused on a game that many children play. I've always felt it embarrassing for people when I watch games live on TV and I see actual adults in the stands without their kids with them. I'm not here to tell people here what they should do with their lives, but reconsider your life, values and where you'll be 10 years from
some of my friends say its difficult to detect sarcasm on the internet. In general I strongly disagree, but this is one of the rare occasions I am only 90% sure.

If Im wrong about this one the author must be one of the most boring living humans of the history of mankind

But tbh I think this is just some very subtle balanced sarcasm and then some props top author (I guess?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad