How old is too old to attend an NHL game?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
I would say around 28. By then you should be focused on your career and family, not focused on a game that many children play. I've always felt it embarrassing for people when I watch games live on TV and I see actual adults in the stands without their kids with them. I'm not here to tell people here what they should do with their lives, but reconsider your life, values and where you'll be 10 years from now.
So its better to have 15,000 posts on an nhl forum instead of going to a live game? Maybe the worst post I have ever seen.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I think there should be no limits whatsoever. But as you age, things get to be more of a hassle.

So, I think all of you who are too young to have seen a live game before helmets were made mandatory should stay away and wait your turn. Leave some room, space, and good seats for us old types.

You can start going to games again once we kick off/shuffle off this mortal coil, and the new limit is those of you left that are old enough to have seen games live with just one ref.

Seems fair. Everyone gets a turn. More space for everyone.

Reactions: Lshap

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Ask @Gee Wally that'll give us a ceiling.

IMG_1122.gif

When you spend more time at a urinal than in your seat.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
When you hit 60 you should go to afternoon gatherings only, unless you’re a grandparent of a performer.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I would say around 28. By then you should be focused on your career and family, not focused on a game that many children play. I've always felt it embarrassing for people when I watch games live on TV and I see actual adults in the stands without their kids with them. I'm not here to tell people here what they should do with their lives, but reconsider your life, values and where you'll be 10 years from now.
Do you happen to wear an ankle bracelet and think everyone else should as well.

Until they have to carry you into your seat and carry you out. I mean at that point it just becomes a bit of a problem for everyone involved.
I had to be carried out when I was 25, but not so much now.

Last edited:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I read this as sarcasm.

Reactions: Kobe Armstrong

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
This thread is strange, I’m sure many people have kids here, taking your boy to a ball game or a hockey game is one of life’s greatest joys, no age limit what so ever.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Sarcasm one would hope.

As long as the person is safe and responsible, then the older the better. Seeing clear lifelong fans at games is inspiring. It is important to have a few escapes from routine.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Damn. Life ain’t that serious man.

You’re on a hockey fan website, spending time in the summer writing about a sport you’d be embarrassed to go watch without kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad