How old is too old to attend an NHL game?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
It depends if the home team scores a goal or not. If they do, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with the chances of survival for anyone over the age of 100.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
I would say around 28. By then you should be focused on your career and family, not focused on a game that many children play. I've always felt it embarrassing for people when I watch games live on TV and I see actual adults in the stands without their kids with them. I'm not here to tell people here what they should do with their lives, but reconsider your life, values and where you'll be 10 years from now.

You are posting 7 minutes after a thread opened, during the middle of a workday. In the middle of the off season.

Can you really type that out seriously? It's not satire?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I would say around 28. By then you should be focused on your career and family, not focused on a game that many children play.
What 28, lol
I've always felt it embarrassing for people when I watch games live on TV and I see actual adults in the stands without their kids with them.
I hope that’s a joke.

I'm not here to tell people here what they should do with their lives, but reconsider your life, values and where you'll be 10 years from now.
good to hear.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
No age limit, as long as youre not still buying into the this is our year, make some noise, we do it for the fans, narrative.

Reactions: PaulD

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
This question seems to have a word reversed. It should be how old is old enough to attend an NHL game.

Seniors have all the advantages for watching an NHL game:

1. Our ears are such that if we turn off our hearing aids, the noisiest times seem to be simply conversational level.
2. We have no responsibilities. We don't have to get up to go to work in the morning. Our time is our own. We have plenty of time to play (canasta, whist, carpet bowling) and watch others play.
3. If we've been careful through our lives, we have enough money to get into the arena and not too many years to worry about keeping it for.
4. We've seen many generations of hockey players so can compare the game of today with the good old days. (Of course nothing-not skating, shooting, fighting, passing or anything else matches the way it was in the good old days of the "original six" teams that we can just barely remember were not actually the original teams.)

Reactions: PaulD

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I would say around 28. By then you should be focused on your career and family, not focused on a game that many children play. I've always felt it embarrassing for people when I watch games live on TV and I see actual adults in the stands without their kids with them. I'm not here to tell people here what they should do with their lives, but reconsider your life, values and where you'll be 10 years from now.

This is one of the dumbest things I have read on here.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
When you get fed up of the constant "Let's make some noise" on the PA. So about 9 years old.
I get where you're coming from, since you used ''attend'' in the headline. North Americans love to attend ''the show'', while you eat and drink and try to get on camera. It's just another event for you, like going to a concert.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
A few years ago during Military Appreciation Night the Avalanche wheeled out various armed forces members past and present to get a cheer. One of them was a guy who'd been in the air force during the war and was 100-odd. This old man, stood in the middle of an arena with lights and music and a cheering crowd and god knows what else barely able to lift his hand to acknowledge them. That old was too old.

I’m guessing that man fought for all of ours’ freedom in a world war, freedom which includes the ability to attend an NHL game at any f***ing age one chooses to. And for that I say thank you to him, his fellow soldiers and his generation who did so.

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
There have been a lot of bad takes on this site. But this is by far the worst. You should reconsider a few things.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
39.jpg

EdzosCrayon

Apr 4, 2013
Based on some of the veterans I've seen honored at games, there is no limit...and if there is, it's over 130

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
🤣

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad