Red Sox/MLB Hot Stove Part 2: Lockout Edition - 6 games lost, 156 to go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Well it's fairly easy if your number 1 priority is eliminating all people potentially associated with steroids. And going with the old homer ballot. Honestly Vizquel has similarities to Ozzie Smith and Luis Aparicio who are both hall of famers.

Honestly I have as big a problem with Kent who was one of the biggest bleeps in the game during his career, and I always had some doubts on other areas with him, and of course wasn't a good defensive player

Vizquel's defense is dramatically overrated and he doesn't belong in the same stratosphere as Ozzie Smith. (I can't speak to Aparicio's defense and how the two compare.)

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Reactions: CDJ

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
People need to be so careful about sharing thoughts, opinions and ideas nowadays.

Truly a sad time in our history.

This man just voiced an opinion about the performance of a guy who works in the literal "toy store" of life.

Dear Rob Manfred ---- you're simply not that important.

What you say is 100% correct and I could not agree with you more. :nod:

However how about the cowardice of MLB Network??? They could have told Manfred to f*** off but they chose to cave in instead. Moral midgets.

Reactions: sarge88

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Schilling likely to get around 50%

I don’t see anyone getting in

Ortiz & Rolen will be close

Ortiz first ballot if you don’t care or consider PED

I would put Bonds Clemens Manny & Ortiz in even though they are all users to me

I could argue for Wagner, Rolen, Helton, Jones, and Kent which probably means no

They are all so close but not obvious

obvious vs make a case I guess

Schilling should be in and I would not consider what he says but how he performed

Vizquel I never thought even before his domestic abuse charge

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
0F350940-6A0B-4A5E-9270-795441430C92.jpeg

Just for reference of the known ballots.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Schilling likely to get around 50%

I don’t see anyone getting in

Ortiz & Rolen will be close

Ortiz first ballot if you don’t care or consider PED

I would put Bonds Clemens Manny & Ortiz in even though they are all users to me

I could argue for Wagner, Rolen, Helton, Jones, and Kent which probably means no

They are all so close but not obvious

obvious vs make a case I guess

Schilling should be in and I would not consider what he says but how he performed

Vizquel I never thought even before his domestic abuse charge

Ortiz is going to be interesting. The public ballot % is generally higher than the final vote %, so if Ortiz can stay above the 80% threshold on public ballots, I feel like he's got a good shot. His problem right now, which you can tell by the fact that Bonds and Clemens are both around 80% and have only added 2 net votes from returning voters so far, is that the people most likely to vote for him have already released their public ballots. He's going to need at least some of the voters with smaller ballots who don't usually vote for Bonds or Clemens to vote for him.

For Rolen, his public vote % has been 4-5% higher than the final vote the last couple of years and he's at 72.3% right now. If there's positive news for him, it's the fact that's he's gone 10.2% -> 17.2% -> 35.3% -> 52.9% and now it looks like he'll end up in the mid-60s this year. While he won't get in this year, he should eventually get over the 75% hump, just like Larry Walker did.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
People who don’t vote for Ortiz are absolute f***ing clowns. Guy was repeatedly coming up huge in some of the most memorable spots in playoff history. He dominated the regular season for almost 15 years. I do not care that he was a DH.

1st ballot to anybody with a brain. He is the definition of “fame”. One of the games most recognizable and beloved figures in the 21st century

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Ortiz is going to be interesting. The public ballot % is generally higher than the final vote %, so if Ortiz can stay above the 80% threshold on public ballots, I feel like he's got a good shot. His problem right now, which you can tell by the fact that Bonds and Clemens are both around 80% and have only added 2 net votes from returning voters so far, is that the people most likely to vote for him have already released their public ballots. He's going to need at least some of the voters with smaller ballots who don't usually vote for Bonds or Clemens to vote for him.

For Rolen, his public vote % has been 4-5% higher than the final vote the last couple of years and he's at 72.3% right now. If there's positive news for him, it's the fact that's he's gone 10.2% -> 17.2% -> 35.3% -> 52.9% and now it looks like he'll end up in the mid-60s this year. While he won't get in this year, he should eventually get over the 75% hump, just like Larry Walker did.
Good information

I look at the players against their position and Rolen checks off so many as a third baseman

Ortiz with all due respect to Edgar Martinez is the greatest DH.

I think he misses for exactly what you wrote

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
As of now it could be Papi and Clemens going in as Sox and Bonds going in as a Giant.

I hope they all roast Manfred if they get in

The link to the live tracker is in the tweet

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Edgar was a more scientific hitter, with higher average and a significantly better walk rate. Papi was a slugger with better power and produced a lot more runs.

Both are great, both belong in the HOF. Papi had more playoff accolades and 3 rings, but Edgar had that 1995 Yankee series where he was just unstoppable and he got the walkoff.

Reactions: sarge88

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Tony to busy to research
He's been very consistent in his voting and reasons why.

Had Manny and ARod not gotten popped twice they would be in this year.

My thing with ARod is do we know when he started juicing? Was it right after he left Seattle to go to Texas or did it start in NY?

With Clemens it is obvious that it started after he put up his numbers in Boston. Papi was tested constantly and never tested positive. Manny put up huge numbers in Cleveland before coming to the Sox and then got popped after he left the Sox. He allegedly tested positive in the 2003 test survey but that was only used to determine if a drug testing program needed to be implemented.

Reactions: EvilElf63

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
He's been very consistent in his voting and reasons why.

Had Manny and ARod not gotten popped twice they would be in this year.

My thing with ARod is do we know when he started juicing? Was it right after he left Seattle to go to Texas or did it start in NY?

With Clemens it is obvious that it started after he put up his numbers in Boston. Papi was tested constantly and never tested positive. Manny put up huge numbers in Cleveland before coming to the Sox and then got popped after he left the Sox. He allegedly tested positive in the 2003 test survey but that was only used to determine if a drug testing program needed to be implemented.
If memory serves from the documentary "Screwball," ARod was juicing while at the University of Miami. His efforts went to another level after going to Texas.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Would be perfect for baseball to be in a lockdown and only elect roid using cheaters into the ball. Would be fitting.

I think Ortiz should get in but he should be taxed a year or more like bagwell and Piazza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad