Red Sox/MLB Hot Stove Part 2: Lockout Edition - 6 games lost, 156 to go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
BEE39F61-44D0-4011-AE7F-444F37F82D85.jpeg

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I remember watching him on the Sox as a young kid. Seeing eck on the phone with him telling him he loves him rly started cutting the onions

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
my thoughts are with his family. That was a heart wrenching piece on him the other day. He was on those first sox teams that I remember

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
my thoughts are with his family. That was a heart wrenching piece on him the other day. He was on those first sox teams that I remember
I remember him pitching but I remember him being part of the broadcast the most. Always came off as genuine and was nice to everyone.

Hopefully his story serves as a reminder on how important it is to not put off colonoscopies and other annual tests.

Reactions: jgatie and CDJ

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Former Red Sox Pitcher Jim Corsi Shares Emotional Story Of His Battle With Terminal Cancer

Grab the tissues, this is a tough one. Newton guy and former Red Sox pitcher Jim Corsi is terminally ill with colon and liver cancer. Devastating.

January 13th will be the 11 year anniversary of my best friend passing from pancreatic cancer. He was 40 at the time and his kids were 9 and 7. Truly awful disease and my heart goes out to any family that has to deal with watching someone go through it.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
January 13th will be the 11 year anniversary of my best friend passing from pancreatic cancer. He was 40 at the time and his kids were 9 and 7. Truly awful disease and my heart goes out to any family that has to deal with watching someone go through it.

Crazy thing is I was 9 when I lost my Dad to pancreatic cancer many years ago. I know exactly what that is like, a very helpless feeling.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
It's a slow day at work, so I find myself looking at the HOF ballots. Most interesting one I've discovered so far is from Ron Kroichick, a golf columnist from The San Francisco Chronicle, and he's got just three names, which is fine, but one of them is Vizquel. If you're going with a small ballot, how is one of them Vizquel?

Reactions: CDJ

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Crazy thing is I was 9 when I lost my Dad to pancreatic cancer many years ago. I know exactly what that is like, a very helpless feeling.

So sorry. It's a wretched version of a terrible disease.

Reactions: CDJ

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I remember him pitching but I remember him being part of the broadcast the most. Always came off as genuine and was nice to everyone.

Hopefully his story serves as a reminder on how important it is to not put off colonoscopies and other annual tests.

This. Anybody out there putting off a colonoscopy, please don't. Whatever you've heard about them, nothing is as bad as what can happen if you don't get one. Seeing a doctor is not a weakness, it's a strength. I've personally seen what ignoring this type of testing can do to a person and their family, and it's horrible.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Lost my dad to the same, he was 69, I was 35. I took care of him for 2 years as he fought it bravely, until he couldn't fight any more. My sympathies to you and all others who dealt or are dealing with the scourge of cancer.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's a slow day at work, so I find myself looking at the HOF ballots. Most interesting one I've discovered so far is from Ron Kroichick, a golf columnist from The San Francisco Chronicle, and he's got just three names, which is fine, but one of them is Vizquel. If you're going with a small ballot, how is one of them Vizquel?

On baseball alone he doesn't even merit it, but how the hell do you vote for Vizquel after what he's done off the field?

Kroichick should be removed from the BWAA

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Sad news. Rest In Peace Jim Corsi

Man, just yesterday I saw that piece that revealed he was sick. They said it was terminal but I didn't realize it'd happen so soon...I'm guessing they shot that interview months ago.

It sucks. I remember him from NESN pregame/postgame way back in the day.

Reactions: sarge88

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
MLB Network has sent longtime reporter Ken Rosenthal to the showers.

MLB Network Drops Ken Rosenthal After 12 Seasons — Read His Statement

The news comes a year and a half after Rosenthal drew the rancor of Rob Manfred by critiquing the MLB commissioner’s handling of player union negotiations ahead of the pandemic-shortened 2020 season.

Among Rosenthal’s writings at that time, he opined for The Athletic that Manfred — whom he derided as “beholden to owners and out of touch with players” — needed to
strike a deal with the union and salvage the 2020 season, or ruin his legacy as commissioner of baseball.”

According to the New York Post, Rosenthal was quietly benched at the time for three months (paid), but brought back just in time for that season’s end-of-August trade deadline.

“Can confirm MLB Network has decided not to bring me back,” Rosenthal shared on Twitter Monday evening. “I’m grateful for the more than 12 years I spent there, and my enduring friendships with on-air personalities, producers and staff. I always strove to maintain my journalistic integrity, and my work reflects that.”

Despite being put on waivers by MLB Network, Rosenthal will continue on at his other gigs.

“Nothing else is changing for me professionally,” he tweeted. “I am proud to remain part of the great teams at The Athletic and Fox Sports.”

Reactions: BMC and sarge88

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
On baseball alone he doesn't even merit it, but how the hell do you vote for Vizquel after what he's done off the field?

Kroichick should be removed from the BWAA

Well it's fairly easy if your number 1 priority is eliminating all people potentially associated with steroids. And going with the old homer ballot. Honestly Vizquel has similarities to Ozzie Smith and Luis Aparicio who are both hall of famers.

Honestly I have as big a problem with Kent who was one of the biggest bleeps in the game during his career, and I always had some doubts on other areas with him, and of course wasn't a good defensive player

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
MLB Network has sent longtime reporter Ken Rosenthal to the showers.

MLB Network Drops Ken Rosenthal After 12 Seasons — Read His Statement

The news comes a year and a half after Rosenthal drew the rancor of Rob Manfred by critiquing the MLB commissioner’s handling of player union negotiations ahead of the pandemic-shortened 2020 season.

Among Rosenthal’s writings at that time, he opined for The Athletic that Manfred — whom he derided as “beholden to owners and out of touch with players” — needed to
strike a deal with the union and salvage the 2020 season, or ruin his legacy as commissioner of baseball.”

According to the New York Post, Rosenthal was quietly benched at the time for three months (paid), but brought back just in time for that season’s end-of-August trade deadline.

“Can confirm MLB Network has decided not to bring me back,” Rosenthal shared on Twitter Monday evening. “I’m grateful for the more than 12 years I spent there, and my enduring friendships with on-air personalities, producers and staff. I always strove to maintain my journalistic integrity, and my work reflects that.”

Despite being put on waivers by MLB Network, Rosenthal will continue on at his other gigs.

“Nothing else is changing for me professionally,” he tweeted. “I am proud to remain part of the great teams at The Athletic and Fox Sports.”

People need to be so careful about sharing thoughts, opinions and ideas nowadays.

Truly a sad time in our history.

This man just voiced an opinion about the performance of a guy who works in the literal "toy store" of life.

Dear Rob Manfred ---- you're simply not that important.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad