OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Or Ogrezilla and LOGiK's Nerd Thread ;)

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Just got back from a Disney world trip with the nephews and niece. Some smaller things planned like a beer fest and weekend beach trip. A few concerts in there too. Should be a good summer.

Otherwise I've finally been watching the sopranos. Just finished season 5.

Yeah it's dead here :laugh:

How was Disney? We did 5 days across all 4 parks about a year and a half ago. Was the most hectic vacation I've ever done. Walked like 65+ miles trying to meet all the fast pass times.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Just got back from a Disney world trip with the nephews and niece. Some smaller things planned like a beer fest and weekend beach trip. A few concerts in there too. Should be a good summer.

Otherwise I've finally been watching the sopranos. Just finished season 5.

Yeah it's dead here :laugh:
woops, sorry... was up nearly 36 hours straight.... every weekend I am... youre not in austrailia!

Did ya? Cool! Only did IOA and the other one in orlando... just disney... dunno.
First time for you?/ them? / everyone? In florida or california?

Sopranos is excellent if you aren't watching it live.
Right around the season you are on, something happens, and it takes 3 or so real years for you to find out what happened in a very big moment....
So just watching it straight through avoids the hurt of the wait! =]
Great show all around though.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
woops, sorry... was up nearly 36 hours straight.... every weekend I am... youre not in austrailia!

Did ya? Cool! Only did IOA and the other one in orlando... just disney... dunno.
First time for you?/ them? / everyone? In florida or california?

Sopranos is excellent if you aren't watching it live.
Right around the season you are on, something happens, and it takes 3 or so real years for you to find out what happened in a very big moment....
So just watching it straight through avoids the hurt of the wait! =]
Great show all around though.
We did the four parks in Florida.. I've done the two in California as well, they're good too. This was my first time with the kids though so that was cool.

That's quite a wait. That sort of wait is making shows harder to follow while they air for me, especially combined with how many shows get cancelled prematurely. Either I don't want to start it until it's finished, I risk it either being cancelled, or I just kind of forget about the show and lose interest because it's been so long :laugh:

I'm torn on how I prefer to watch shows. In general I do prefer them just all being out and watching it right through. But watching a show week to week when other people are too like GoT or Lost it really does add to the experience.

I'm loving The Sopranos. I just checked dates and year it's a 2 year gap between the end of S5 and the start of S6, and then another year gap right in the middle of S6. Weird, especially considering S6 is twice as many episodes as other seasons. Isn't that just two different seasons? :laugh:

Reactions: LOGiK

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Yeah, there was a gap between the parts of S6 that was equal to what would be a full season gap of other series.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
We did the four parks in Florida.. I've done the two in California as well, they're good too. This was my first time with the kids though so that was cool.

That's quite a wait. That sort of wait is making shows harder to follow while they air for me, especially combined with how many shows get cancelled prematurely. Either I don't want to start it until it's finished, I risk it either being cancelled, or I just kind of forget about the show and lose interest because it's been so long :laugh:

I'm torn on how I prefer to watch shows. In general I do prefer them just all being out and watching it right through. But watching a show week to week when other people are too like GoT or Lost it really does add to the experience.

I'm loving The Sopranos. I just checked dates and year it's a 2 year gap between the end of S5 and the start of S6, and then another year gap right in the middle of S6. Weird, especially considering S6 is twice as many episodes as other seasons. Isn't that just two different seasons? :laugh:
Yeah Florida is nice.... had a great time there many years back. Couldn't speak for it now though.
It was fun for me me as a teenager I bet kid's'd love it.
ALL FOUR, that hassssss to be exhausting!!! :amazed:

Sopranos is great. All time classic. right to the end. I still have the prequel film and after all these years NEVER watched it. (heard it isn't great anyway)
Deadwood now... that prequel or after-the-show update , whatever it was, that was a good after film. (if you liked the show) (i personally enjoy calamity jane actress.... man that is some serious acting chops for that lady.... impressive for that alone and the entire show was good) ***excessive foul language though....

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone 3d print? Buying one for kiddo (to be acclimated to the tech/software/etc at a young age) and for myself.... so.... I been torn between two or three makes and models.... Never had one before. Don't want beginner only, we will figure it out and go from there. So not beginner and not professional level. In the midddddle .... suggestions? Anyone?
Best 3d printer, with the filament I think... not the liquid. By experience of course...
May have to quote people to get attention- buying monday.
***this is of course if you personally used one, looking for personal experience. That is why I'm posting, I can just search some strangers best of list. No. Personal suggestion. Thanking you! =]

@Zirakzigil @Tom Hanks @Randy Butternubs @Pens1566 @Andy99 @Ogrezilla @60-30-33 @Buddy Bizarre @Deport Ogie @End of Line @HandshakeLine @HOG but I forget which name he changed to.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Anyone 3d print? Buying one for kiddo (to be acclimated to the tech/software/etc at a young age) and for myself.... so.... I been torn between two or three makes and models.... Never had one before. Don't want beginner only, we will figure it out and go from there. So not beginner and not professional level. In the midddddle .... suggestions? Anyone?

@Zirakzigil @Tom Hanks @Randy Butternubs @Pens1566 @Andy99 @Ogrezilla @60-30-33 @Buddy Bizarre @Deport Ogie @End of Line @HandshakeLine @HOG but I forget which name he changed to.
Cant say I have. Not sure if @Honour Over Glory does either.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Best 3d printer, with the filament I think... not the liquid. By experience of course...
***this is of course if you personally used one, looking for personal experience. That is why I'm posting, I can just search some strangers best of list. No. Personal suggestion. Thanking you! =]

I do not. You had a number off for the @66-30-33 tag

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009

I personally don’t have any experience with a 3D printer unfortunately. Sorry bud. :(

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV

I do not have any personal experience. Although it is on my list of things to "get into" once I magically find some time ... so, following. :)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don’t remember what model I have but it’s a cheaper liquid one. I made a bunch of dnd figures with it and it worked out, but I never really learned much about the settings etc.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I do not believe in any other kind of printing other than Guttenberg.

What about the hand printed Guttenberg?

1718494682640.jpeg

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
No biggie, just my shot in the dark.
thanks tho.
I own a few, I suggest if you want an easy plug and play with very little hassle, go with a Bambu Lab X1-Carbon Combo. It's a fun machine, I currently have two of theirs to prototype products and other things just as a hobby to upload on 3D sites.

There's a ton of tutorial sites and the Bambu Labs is easy enough to use with high quality prints where you'd be fine with the information that comes with it.

Have fun.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I own a few, I suggest if you want an easy plug and play with very little hassle, go with a Bambu Lab X1-Carbon Combo. It's a fun machine, I currently have two of theirs to prototype products and other things just as a hobby to upload on 3D sites.

There's a ton of tutorial sites and the Bambu Labs is easy enough to use with high quality prints where you'd be fine with the information that comes with it.

Have fun.
thanking you.

yeah... my range would be beginner but without being limited to barney level projects only.
Mostly for my 11 year old to get into it -together with me- and the plan is to teach/learn basics together and unleash on her own (like with inshot/premier photo/video editing.... went from zero to professional after just gradually self-learning .... 11 years old). So I want to get her into the tech/software of 3d printing.... for her future benefit.
Kids today :amazed:

add, if we have to go entry level, and have a 'experimental' or just plain 'beater' kind of deal first printer, and if they are into it (and me) and require a boost in tech upgrade.... we'll go that route.

So bambu lab x1 eh? Filament?

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia

I have no personal home experience so HOG may be your best source here but the name I always see people point to for a good all-around entry point is the Ender 3. I believe that's the brand the robotic club I help out with uses for all of their 3d part printing.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
thanking you.

yeah... my range would be beginner but without being limited to barney level projects only.
Mostly for my 11 year old to get into it -together with me- and the plan is to teach/learn basics together and unleash on her own (like with inshot/premier photo/video editing.... went from zero to professional after just gradually self-learning .... 11 years old). So I want to get her into the tech/software of 3d printing.... for her future benefit.
Kids today :amazed:

add, if we have to go entry level, and have a 'experimental' or just plain 'beater' kind of deal first printer, and if they are into it (and me) and require a boost in tech upgrade.... we'll go that route.

So bambu lab x1 eh? Filament?
Yeah it's fdm - filament. Don't get into sla (resin) it's messy and time consuming, the quality is incredible but it's a lot of work and with the bambu labs x1 you will get as close to the same resolution when you work the slicer settings.

Best you can do is understand the different filaments.

Pla and it's variations
Petg
Abs
Tpu and the various shore hardness available

Then there's other ones, carbon, wood, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad