OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Its been 84 years... But now Karlsson is here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I did mine completely from my yard. Use brackets to secure the 2x4 cross sections to the posts. Like I said, depends on the design.
Wooden posts wooden panels.
So metal bracket around the post and screw in the panels? From the inside I mean?
Plausible.... plausible. =]
Good idea.

fence.jpg

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Wooden posts wooden panels.
So metal bracket around the post and screw in the panels? From the inside I mean?
Plausible.... plausible. =]
Good idea.

View attachment 686835

Use those to attach your 2x4 cross sections to the post. Line them up on the edge of the post closest to your neighbours. Makes it soooo easy and far secure than screwing just between the post and 2x4. After that just slap up your fence board from your side. If you want you can add a 1x4 on your side running the same position as the 2x4s. Makes the fence the same width as the post.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Watching 60 days in
Sad and even more sad this one guy is going in as a pretend tough guy...
:scared:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
@Randy Butternubs so I just took the final gravity readings for my Kolsch and holy christ it's a high ABV :laugh:

The initial gravity was about 1.062 and the one I just took was 1.014. That's an ABV of 6.3%, that's way higher than I was expecting. The recipe was supposed to fall around 5%, I guess I just had some very lively yeast for my batch.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Randy Butternubs so I just took the final gravity readings for my Kolsch and holy christ it's a high ABV :laugh:

The initial gravity was about 1.062 and the one I just took was 1.014. That's an ABV of 6.3%, that's way higher than I was expecting. The recipe was supposed to fall around 5%, I guess I just had some very lively yeast for my batch.
recipes are more like guidelines anyway :laugh:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

Depending on the tool you used, those readings may need to be adjusted based on the temperatures:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Depending on the tool you used, those readings may need to be adjusted based on the temperatures:

I took the initial reading after cooling it down to 90 degrees F and adding the remaining water to the fermenter. I’m pretty sure the temperatures were really close.

The one I took now was at about 65-68 degrees, but the initial reading likely came in at a very similar temperature. Maybe mid 70s at highest.

How did it taste, Emp?

Only tried a sip of it because it’s still flat, but it tasted solid. It smelled terrific so I think it’s going to taste good when it’s carbonated.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I took the initial reading after cooling it down to 90 degrees F and adding the remaining water to the fermenter. I’m pretty sure the temperatures were really close.

The one I took now was at about 65-68 degrees, but the initial reading likely came in at a very similar temperature. Maybe mid 70s at highest.

Only tried a sip of it because it’s still flat, but it tasted solid. It smelled terrific so I think it’s going to taste good when it’s carbonated.
Then you’re golden. :laugh:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Bought master and the margarita by ginsburg and an anti bark ultra sonic (probably cruel to some degree) dog transmitter. This is out of control with this dog and many other dogs in this damn town.

NO LONGER!

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Bought master and the margarita by ginsburg and an anti bark ultra sonic (probably cruel to some degree) dog transmitter. This is out of control with this dog and many other dogs in this damn town.

NO LONGER!
That was the one edition you shouldn't have bought, but it's okay, you'll still enjoy it. :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm about 7 hours into playing Chained Echoes and it's really fun. It's a nice mix of SNES era feeling jrpg but with modern sensibilities like save anywhere and healing after fights. I haven't gotten to the part where I get the mech suits or air ship yet, but so far I am a big fan.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
That was the one edition you shouldn't have bought, but it's okay, you'll still enjoy it. :laugh:
Son of a .... I bought a stupid dog thing and was 2 dollars short of free delivery so I hurried and bought my book while I was doing something else.... I went for the pevear edition and the first review IM RUSSIAN AND THIS TRANSLATION IS TERRIBLE or something or other.... bloody hell... I choked. I like pevear and whoever so I have no idea why I choked. It was only 11 dollars honestly, if it's not to my liking I'll buy naseua / crime and punishment and the master again.

But I won't get to reading it for another month or two anyway ....

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Son of a .... I bought a stupid dog thing and was 2 dollars short of free delivery so I hurried and bought my book while I was doing something else.... I went for the pevear edition and the first review IM RUSSIAN AND THIS TRANSLATION IS TERRIBLE or something or other.... bloody hell... I choked. I like pevear and whoever so I have no idea why I choked. It was only 11 dollars honestly, if it's not to my liking I'll buy naseua / crime and punishment and the master again.

But I won't get to reading it for another month or two anyway ....
It's okay, like I said, for a long time it was everyone's first introduction to the book, the Ginsburg was pretty much the standard translation until the fall of the USSR and people got access to more complete manuscripts.

It's a decent translation in terms of style, it's just not based on the full manuscript, hence my caveat on it. I think you'll still like it, or you can always return it and get one of the other versions. It's like a theatrical cut v.s. directors cut, I guess. :laugh:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It's okay, like I said, for a long time it was everyone's first introduction to the book, the Ginsburg was pretty much the standard translation until the fall of the USSR and people got access to more complete manuscripts.

It's a decent translation in terms of style, it's just not based on the full manuscript, hence my caveat on it. I think you'll still like it, or you can always return it and get one of the other versions. It's like a theatrical cut v.s. directors cut, I guess. :laugh:
Nah I don't waste my time reading a cut from the source.
I'll either return it or gift it or just a trophy on a book case.
Even if it's a good translation or story but only half or three quarters... I don't want to read it until after the full source. *if i re-read it*

I still have 200 pages of karamazov and i'll take a break after that so... a good two weeks at least.
Thanks tho for that =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad