OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Its been 84 years... But now Karlsson is here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I drink mostly Stout's for beer.

Rest tastes like different flavored trash to me personally.
I like my beers to be pretty light on flavor. I think that's what "crisp" seems to mean. Because really beer isn't that great. A nice fruited sour is my overall favorite because it turns out fruit tastes better than beer.

I don't commonly drink cheaper beer, but Moulson is always a decent one whenever I do. Moulson and Rainier are both pretty decent.

Although I say this as I'm drinking Blue Moon, which isn't exactly imported German beer either :laugh:
Blue Moon is pretty solid. I don't get it at home but it's always a safe bet when I'm out.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I don't commonly drink cheaper beer, but Moulson is always a decent one whenever I do. Moulson and Rainier are both pretty decent.

Although I say this as I'm drinking Blue Moon, which isn't exactly imported German beer either :laugh:
I mean I didn't know you and Matt were in a relationship and drinking him is oddly kinky for the off topic thread. But this is a safe space, let your freak flag fly, lad.

Matt Moulson forever in this board's memories. And well, in other stuff too.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Everyone is a racist, apparently

She's making this way more difficult than it should be. Especially with the statement Clark put out after the original kerfluffle. It's not helping her case ...

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I drank way more Labatt, Molson, and Moosehead when I lived in Erie.

Now they've been replaced by IC Light and Miller.

If I'm going out I'll treat myself to a craft beer or two before switching to something lighter.

Yuengling is a solid option for something between a light beer and a craft. The place across the street from my work in Erie had $2 Yuengling every day.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I drank way more Labatt, Molson, and Moosehead when I lived in Erie.

Now they've been replaced by IC Light and Miller.

If I'm going out I'll treat myself to a craft beer or two before switching to something lighter.

Yuengling is a solid option for something between a light beer and a craft. The place across the street from my work in Erie had $2 Yuengling every day.
Yuengling is usually really good but I feel like it's inconsistent.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Everyone is a racist, apparently

Reese is quickly leaning into being a moron. She doesn't represent our community for damn sure. Not with that attitude and disrespect and clear bias.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Blue Moon is pretty solid. I don't get it at home but it's always a safe bet when I'm out.

Yeah I like Blue Moon, I was definitely not crapping on it. I'm just a beer snob about cheap beer (like Coors, Bud, IC and such) but then drink Blue Moon instead of those cheap beers. You know, the Blue Moon that costs like $1 more per 6 pack :laugh:

I think Yuengling is another Blue Moon caliber beer, but it just doesn't click with me. I think I'm generally not a fan of darker beers and Yuengling is darker than what I like to drink.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
My dad drank Old Milwaukee in cans when I was a kid. Same with all his friends. But then when they had a big shindig it was always a keg of IC and IC Light. Back when Kegs were massive.

I don't usually buy the bargain beer nowadays. I will admit that I am a beer snob. My buddy usually buys Labatt Blue or Molson during hockey season and I do enjoy it. Recently he got some Moosehead and Moosehead Light, which neither of us had had for like 20 years and it was decent. Moosehead used to be our splurge beer back in the day.

I have thought about buying some IC to give it a shot since they came back. I will not drink Bud, Bud Light or Coors Light.

From a good crisp beer perspective. I am currently really enjoying "Cold Beer" from Brewdog. It is an excellent easy drinking crisp clean beer.

There is a micro-brewery in Homestead that specializes in the golden ales. They are called Golden Age and I recommend them if you like those style of beers. They do have a limited menu but the outside space they have is pretty cool.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Idc what anyone says, Coors Banquet is delicious

it was always my dads "good" beer above his standard Keystone Premium :laugh:

Shit I never even heard of Keystone premium. My dad is Pitt born and raised, I was born in DC and raised in MD. But raised to love everything Burgh'. Of course I know IC and Yuengling, I guess I need some Keystone. Gonna ask my pop for some beer schoolin

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Idc what anyone says, Coors Banquet is delicious

Shit I never even heard of Keystone premium. My dad is Pitt born and raised, I was born in DC and raised in MD. But raised to love everything Burgh'. Of course I know IC and Yuengling, I guess I need some Keystone. Gonna ask my pop for some beer schoolin

Yeah it rocks.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
you really don't need any Keystone :laugh:

-me in sophomore year in college

No joke, I drank solely coors banquet and saved up all of my bottles on a shelf. By the time my roommate threw them out, I was well over 100 bottles.
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad