HFDevils Official Tickets and Prudential Center thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TonySoprano

Apr 20, 2019
Satriale's
Sadly have COVID, so have to sell my STM tickets for tomorrow's game.
Section 110, Row 2, seats on the end. Face is $160 for both, Flexible on the price

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
An absolute embarrassment that it looks like they are doing all virtual drives again. The coat drive definitely is and I'm assuming the canned food and toy drive will be too by the looks of this. I'm sorry but I'm not giving money when I don't know where it's going. They always would get large donations for the coat, food and toys for toys drives.

They can't be using covid as an excuse not to have them at this point. This especially with how they are wording makes it seem like they don't want to give out any free ticket vouchers anymore since it's only the first 300 fans who donate $60 get free tickets. There's no incentive for people to do this when they can just buy tickets for that cost or less and I'm obviously assuming but I'm guessing they are collecting less money than they would physical items.

I get not wanting to give out free vouchers, how about you give $10 off concessions or merch coupons instead to give people an incentive. They would still be making profits on both while collecting more for charities.
I know people can just give from the kindness of their hearts but incentives definitely help bring in more stuff.

I'm not complaining in terms of needing an incentive, I never needed the tickets to begin with, what I was doing was bringing old coats I had, get the vouchers, sell those tickets, use that money to buy canned goods, donate those, sell the tickets, use that money to buy toys for tots stuff, sell the tickets save that money for good deals I saw on coats and save those for the next coat drive. Repeat.
I would still donate even if they didn't give out the tickets but I'm not just giving them money when there's no real way of knowing where it goes.

I ranted too long, just disappointing to see the team do this. Especially toys for tots which went all the way back to the Meadowlands.

Community | New Jersey Devils | New Jersey Devils

DrBSmooth

May 10, 2006
Going to my first game this season. My buddy and I purchased suite tickets through Julie Approved...first time trying this route for games, will see how it goes.

While it is Jersey Jersey night, going with my Bergfors black practice jersey. First time wear, hoping it gets us a win, lol.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
An absolute embarrassment that it looks like they are doing all virtual drives again. The coat drive definitely is and I'm assuming the canned food and toy drive will be too by the looks of this. I'm sorry but I'm not giving money when I don't know where it's going. They always would get large donations for the coat, food and toys for toys drives.

They can't be using covid as an excuse not to have them at this point. This especially with how they are wording makes it seem like they don't want to give out any free ticket vouchers anymore since it's only the first 300 fans who donate $60 get free tickets. There's no incentive for people to do this when they can just buy tickets for that cost or less and I'm obviously assuming but I'm guessing they are collecting less money than they would physical items.

I get not wanting to give out free vouchers, how about you give $10 off concessions or merch coupons instead to give people an incentive. They would still be making profits on both while collecting more for charities.
I know people can just give from the kindness of their hearts but incentives definitely help bring in more stuff.

I'm not complaining in terms of needing an incentive, I never needed the tickets to begin with, what I was doing was bringing old coats I had, get the vouchers, sell those tickets, use that money to buy canned goods, donate those, sell the tickets, use that money to buy toys for tots stuff, sell the tickets save that money for good deals I saw on coats and save those for the next coat drive. Repeat.
I would still donate even if they didn't give out the tickets but I'm not just giving them money when there's no real way of knowing where it goes.

I ranted too long, just disappointing to see the team do this. Especially toys for tots which went all the way back to the Meadowlands.

Community | New Jersey Devils | New Jersey Devils
they capped the giveaway to just the first 300 fans? thats beyond funny

my guess the manpower/time/money that went into the event wasn't worth it anymore why even call it a coat drive at this point?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
they capped the giveaway to just the first 300 fans? thats beyond funny

my guess the manpower/time/money that went into the event wasn't worth it anymore why even call it a coat drive at this point?

I'm sure they don't want to give away tickets anymore and that's fine but most of the people who helped out were volunteers that collected the items.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They really need to let you know if they're going to stick everyone with lounge passes in place of club seats just what it entails and how to get in. I figured you could just use the lounge pass to get into the arena then get to the lounge from there, but no you have to enter at a specific entrance (the big front tower by the box office) THEN use your game ticket to get in before they let you walk off to the lounge. They don't even let you in the area where it says lounge door just to the left of the main tower!

I'd sold my ticket for last night - but fortunately I knew something like that could happen, so I already planned out a later game in my tier I could trade for an extra ticket last night in case they screwed me over. Had to do the switch on the fly (the Anaheim 7 PM Sunday game in a few weeks) for an extra seat, then get in. The lounge itself was basically like club food type stuff but it's not directly attached to the arena, they don't even have sound on the TV or radio so if you're there during the game you're just watching a screen on mute.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
Sorry if this was answered in a previous post, but for this season what sections and/or rows are the all-inclusive (food/drink) club seats? Are the fire and ice club seats still available?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Thinking I may go try that restaurant The Yard (www.theyardnewark.com/) over in Military Park. I've been meaning to get there for a while, and the weather will be excellent right before game time today. The food/menu looks awesome!
Following up because I went to The Yard on Friday, and it was fantastic! I got The Chopped Thigh and fries. The waitress also gave me spicy mayo (middle) and their Walla sauce (right). Photo below. And it really is only a short walk from the Rock, so I will definitely be going back. One thing to note, they are BYOB but apparently there's a nearby liquor store.

72013555859__262DD922-3759-4209-A9C1-717451D8E8AE.jpeg

Last edited:

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Sorry if this was answered in a previous post, but for this season what sections and/or rows are the all-inclusive (food/drink) club seats? Are the fire and ice club seats still available?
It looks per the below that the clubs are all of sections 8 and 19, and the first few rows of the adjacent, black seats sections (noted on the map below). Note the rows with club access seem to vary depending on what side of the rink they're located. I think the glass seats get access to the new, poorly reviewed Prudential Lounge; I wouldn't bite on those unless they also get club access.

nj-devils-season-ticket-prices-v0-xw4w4myamuza1.jpg

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Been to most of the home games so far this year, and yeah, it's hitting me more this year that the Rock is showing its age in a lot of ways, down to the escalator down to the first level being closed for repairs on one side and not working on the other when we were leaving the other night from the Minnesota game. Would love to see the mens' rooms updated to include water-less urinals (seriously, too much splashing in there right now), and yeah, the time it takes to just get in due to the relatively small size of the entrances at the towers feels like it's been getting longer by the year. Hard to say what I'd do with the bigger concourse spaces, but I'll say that having all those computer screens there is kind of obnoxious.

But man, the biggest letdown this year has been the "improved" food offerings. They're not all awful or anything, but they're not anything special, either - so far this year I've gotten the new honey chicken sandwich and hot honey pepperoni slice which...uh, neither tasted like they had honey on it, and the chicken was dry. Tried the ripper dog, too, and while the toppings were pretty good the bun was stale from sitting out for awhile. I'll try the new burgers, I guess, and the special chicken tenders are legitimately massive and a big step up from the regular ones, but I really miss going to games when the Rock opened and there being multiple legitimate New Jersey-based restaurants and foods being offered, there's so much more they could be doing on that front. I'm fine eating outside the arena before a game, instead, but sometimes that's not an option, so I'd like to be able to get something decent for the absurd prices they cost...oh, and actual draft beer and a better rotation of Jersey-based crafts would be nice. Bring back Departed Soles, damnit!

It's not all bad; I do think the bar on the main concourse was a pretty fun addition, since I doubt I'll ever go out of my way to pay for club or Loft access, and ultimately it's still an arena built around hockey and providing strong sight lines all over the place. But there's definitely work to be done, and it'd be nice to hear them announce a multi-phase plan to roll out over a few years to address it all.

As for moving, nah, they'll stay in Newark, the arena does great business and the greenway is going to be a great addition to downtown. Still, I'm in the JC Heights now and selfishly would have loved a Hoboken arena I could walk to instead of having to catch the bus and train. No to Jersey City as of now, though: someone would come along and propose putting an arena in Liberty State Park, and we fight every damn year here to keep private developers out of there and leave it as a public space/nature preserve.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Hard to say what I'd do with the bigger concourse spaces, but I'll say that having all those computer screens there is kind of obnoxious.

Are you talking about the people who are trying to get everyone to sign up to "WIN FREE VIP TICKETS" because I hate them too. It's absolutely obnoxious like you said and I already have season tickets, they already have my info, it's an absolutely horrible way to try to collect people's info when they come across as pushy time share salespeople.

They need to go.

Reactions: sabremike and HBK27

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Been to most of the home games so far this year, and yeah, it's hitting me more this year that the Rock is showing its age in a lot of ways, down to the escalator down to the first level being closed for repairs on one side and not working on the other when we were leaving the other night from the Minnesota game. Would love to see the mens' rooms updated to include water-less urinals (seriously, too much splashing in there right now), and yeah, the time it takes to just get in due to the relatively small size of the entrances at the towers feels like it's been getting longer by the year. Hard to say what I'd do with the bigger concourse spaces, but I'll say that having all those computer screens there is kind of obnoxious.

But man, the biggest letdown this year has been the "improved" food offerings. They're not all awful or anything, but they're not anything special, either - so far this year I've gotten the new honey chicken sandwich and hot honey pepperoni slice which...uh, neither tasted like they had honey on it, and the chicken was dry. Tried the ripper dog, too, and while the toppings were pretty good the bun was stale from sitting out for awhile. I'll try the new burgers, I guess, and the special chicken tenders are legitimately massive and a big step up from the regular ones, but I really miss going to games when the Rock opened and there being multiple legitimate New Jersey-based restaurants and foods being offered, there's so much more they could be doing on that front. I'm fine eating outside the arena before a game, instead, but sometimes that's not an option, so I'd like to be able to get something decent for the absurd prices they cost...oh, and actual draft beer and a better rotation of Jersey-based crafts would be nice. Bring back Departed Soles, damnit!

It's not all bad; I do think the bar on the main concourse was a pretty fun addition, since I doubt I'll ever go out of my way to pay for club or Loft access, and ultimately it's still an arena built around hockey and providing strong sight lines all over the place. But there's definitely work to be done, and it'd be nice to hear them announce a multi-phase plan to roll out over a few years to address it all.

As for moving, nah, they'll stay in Newark, the arena does great business and the greenway is going to be a great addition to downtown. Still, I'm in the JC Heights now and selfishly would have loved a Hoboken arena I could walk to instead of having to catch the bus and train. No to Jersey City as of now, though: someone would come along and propose putting an arena in Liberty State Park, and we fight every damn year here to keep private developers out of there and leave it as a public space/nature preserve.

i'll admit that i haven't gone to as many games as most on here and haven't really recently explored the pru center in detail but i remember when i did years ago thinking to myself that there is a ton of wasted space all around the main concourse then i feel like they just randomly threw shit out there to fill it in. i remember then had or still have that kid table hockey area stuffed into a back corner by the escalators. your absolutely right about the entrances that needs to be

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
i'll admit that i haven't gone to as many games as most on here and haven't really recently explored the pru center in detail but i remember when i did years ago thinking to myself that there is a ton of wasted space all around the main concourse then i feel like they just randomly threw shit out there to fill it in. i remember then had or still have that kid table hockey area stuffed into a back corner by the escalators. your absolutely right about the entrances that needs to be

They just did it for this season but that kids area is a store now and the store with the hanging jerseys is now a long bar

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
...oh, and actual draft beer and a better rotation of Jersey-based crafts would be nice. Bring back Departed Soles, damnit!

I haven't really thought about this but damn do I miss having a draft beer at a game. I know the cans are easier to move, but a draft beer just tastes better and should be available somewhere in the arena instead of the same limited selection of cans at every spot.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Kids area is gone this year but my kids actually did love that area.

They were a little too young to totally take advantage but what they got to do in their did make their attendance if the game more fun.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Kids area is gone this year but my kids actually did love that area.

They were a little too young to totally take advantage but what they got to do in their did make their attendance if the game more fun.

It's a smaller space but they are doing nothing with the old kids store that's near those escalators too, it's been closed for a long time, making something in there for kids to do would make up for it.

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017

Of you've been to Washington or the Wells Fargo center. You'd swear they are newer buildings at least from the inside. Yeah the Rock badly needs a refresh! Yeah I have to cut back or eliminate certain foods from my diet but, nothing is even that overly tempting on this new food. Thankfully I'm more focused on the team on the ice and the excitement of my fellow fans. The Rock these days is just meh after that.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
I haven't really thought about this but damn do I miss having a draft beer at a game. I know the cans are easier to move, but a draft beer just tastes better and should be available somewhere in the arena instead of the same limited selection of cans at every spot.
I'd even put up with only having cans if they at least upped the variety of what's available. Back when the Rock was new the Jersey craft beer scene was very limited, but it's absolutely exploded over the last decade, there are tons of options to give some representation. Hell, just in a handful of miles from the arena are Departed Soles, 902 Company, Hoboken Brewing, Ghost Hawk, NJ Beer Company, Bolero Snort, Brix City, and a bunch of others.

Reactions: forceten

Nemec

Apr 5, 2009
Any info on MetLife tickets? I have never been to the stadium. Any buffet food seats ? Is center ice lower level preferred for best views or is higher better ?
Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Any info on MetLife tickets? I have never been to the stadium. Any buffet food seats ? Is center ice lower level preferred for best views or is higher better ?
Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've not been to MetLife since the horrific Eric LeGrand Rutgers game there. But I did go to the Canes-Caps at Carter-Finley and we were in the lower section, but higher up in the section, and the view was great. I grabbed center club row 20 for the game from the scalpers online and its a mortgage payment but it's an experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad