HFDevils Official Tickets and Prudential Center thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I couldn't even fathom where else a stadium would go. Hoboken was a rumor back in the day before we moved to Newark but Hoboken is such a pain in the ass and not a car friendly city in terms of traffic and parking that I think it would be a gigantic mistake since a lot of our fan base still does drive.

The guts of the building and location of Prudential are too good to me to do anything else but a 3 year during the summer type renovation that we have seen arenas like msg and Philly did.

would they ever go back to the swamp? if they want to stay in a city jersey city would be the most logical but is there room?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
The Hoboken arena would've been awesome for the views of NYC, not to mention all the pre-game bars/restaurants in the area. Was also living in Hoboken at the time they proposed it, which would've been nice.

That being said, as someone that always drives into games it would've been an absolute nightmare to drive into games there - would've either had to leave extremely early or take the train in from Secaucus.

I occasionally go into Hoboken to meet up with a friend and it's always a pain in the ass to get into the city and find parking. Can't imagine how bad it would be with 17K fans also showing up for an event.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
The Hoboken arena would've been awesome for the views of NYC, not to mention all the pre-game bars/restaurants in the area. Was also living in Hoboken at the time they proposed it, which would've been nice.

That being said, as someone that always drives into games it would've been an absolute nightmare to drive into games there - would've either had to leave extremely early or take the train in from Secaucus.

I occasionally go into Hoboken to meet up with a friend and it's always a pain in the ass to get into the city and find parking. Can't imagine how bad it would be with 17K fans also showing up for an event.
There's no chance they could have 17K fans driving into Hoboken. Even if they built garage space under/attached to the building, just getting down into that area of Hoboken would back up for hours.

It would have to be essentially a train-only venue like MSG.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Newark is the right place for it. Newark is the state's largest city, and is actually accessible. The MLS team is in "Newark" too (Harrison, right on the border, but we can call it Newark for all intents and purposes). It's well connected to highways and to trains.

Hoboken was a pipe dream. Tiny town, inaccessible by car (although there's train but not as much as Newark). Jersey City could be a contender someday

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Newark is the right place for it. Newark is the state's largest city, and is actually accessible. The MLS team is in "Newark" too (Harrison, right on the border, but we can call it Newark for all intents and purposes). It's well connected to highways and to trains.

Hoboken was a pipe dream. Tiny town, inaccessible by car (although there's train but not as much as Newark). Jersey City could be a contender someday

Red Bull Arena despite being so close is so much worse to drive to, from what I heard the path doesn't run as frequently and it's a decent walk from Newark Penn. Getting there, especially driving has been a major complaint from a lot of people I've seen and probably a huge reason why people don't come back because if you don't know where to park it can take over an hour to get out of some of the lots.

I never want Jersey City either, I just hope we stay in Newark. It's so weird talking about a possible 3rd arena already lol

Reactions: sabremike and dbv

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
PATH is the same - Harrison is the stop before/after Newark depending on direction and only about a minute's ride, so it's the same. There's no NJ Transit, but you can hop on the path from Newark Penn to Red Bull Arena. The drive in is good from 280 side of Newark, you pass it if you're coming that way to Newark. The streets on the other side of the bridge are narrow though, so it could back up within a mile of the stadium for sure.

Newark was briefly however a three sport city. Kind of cool for our state. Just no MLB or NFL.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
PATH is the same - Harrison is the stop before/after Newark depending on direction and only about a minute's ride, so it's the same. There's no NJ Transit, but you can hop on the path from Newark Penn to Red Bull Arena. The drive in is good from 280 side of Newark, you pass it if you're coming that way to Newark. The streets on the other side of the bridge are narrow though, so it could back up within a mile of the stadium for sure.

Newark was briefly however a three sport city. Kind of cool for our state. Just no MLB or NFL.

I still think the Nets would have been a success in Newark if they moved there when the Devils did. Nets announcing the move to Brooklyn, taking New Jersey off the jerseys. They were never given a chance to even succeed in Newark.

I've been done with the NBA since they made the announcement back when they were still playing at izod that they were moving to Brooklyn.

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I still think the Nets would have been a success in Newark if they moved there when the Devils did. Nets announcing the move to Brooklyn, taking New Jersey off the jerseys. They were never given a chance to even succeed in Newark.

I've been done with the NBA since they made the announcement back when they were still playing at izod that they were moving to Brooklyn.
They 100% would have succeeded in Newark and arguably better than Brooklyn. It was a giveaway to Ratner in NY. A barely concealed corrupt cash grab.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Anyone looking for 1-2 cheap seats for Wednesday? Picked up a couple with sth points, and now my other son can't make it. Section 226 row 4. Will be donating sale proceeds to either Cycle for Survival or the Epilepsy Foundation of NJ (you can pick, if you have a preference) ... so offer whatever you would like

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
Yea I don't think the Nets would've done well at all in NWK. They are crushing it in BK as a business, and good for them.

In terms of the Rock - I don't understand how we don't have Wifi yet for the public in the year of our lord 2023. At least get some signal repeaters in there for 5G, I can barely get reception in the arena bowl which really stinks for a variety of reasons - least is being able to access stats in real time - but sucks as well if you have kids at home and can't even text out to the babysitter.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Yea I don't think the Nets would've done well at all in NWK. They are crushing it in BK as a business, and good for them.

Why do you think that they wouldn't have done well in Newark? I have no idea how they have been doing in Brooklyn because you could give me free tickets with all you could eat food and I still wouldn't go. f*** em.

A quick Google search doesn't look like they are crushing it though...

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
Most of that isn't related to attendance though, and you could argue They'd be losing more money in NJ given our lack of Corp. Sponsors, unsold Lux Boxes, etc. I mean - their payroll is insane. I have no idea how to square the payroll with revenue they'd be getting out of The Rock - I can't see it being more.

That one article is Barclays Center not Nets related in terms of losses.

Nemec

Apr 5, 2009
The Box seats on one side of the arena -- opposite side as the Restaurant ledge -- do they have regular chairs or are they like the regular stadium seats?

I loved the convenience of the regular chairs in the Restaurant ledge and my kids would prefer that too, so they don't have to stand up when someone passes.

Thanks.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
The Box seats on one side of the arena -- opposite side as the Restaurant ledge -- do they have regular chairs or are they like the regular stadium seats?

I loved the convenience of the regular chairs in the Restaurant ledge and my kids would prefer that too, so they don't have to stand up when someone passes.

Thanks.

Agreed on liking the chairs. It's nice to just be able to push the chair back and get up when you want, without making anyone else get up to let you by.

The area you're referring to is called The Lofts. There's several different types of seating spaces in that area. I think this page will answer your question: Prudential Center

NJTIXX

Mar 3, 2011
Does anyone know if M Lounge tickets get access to the new Prudential Lounge?

Regarding the question about Metlife.

Coaches Club for NFL is 111c-115c (rows 16 and up only for Giants games in 111c and 115c) is all inclusive food and non alc. drinks) with field patio access.

For the Jets Section 139 is the same thing (Metlife 50 Club) all inclusive food and non alc. drinks. along with field patio access.

For the Giants it has just been closed post covid, (but once upon a time was an add on with a full buffet spread (no patio access) then went to just a regular bar and most recently it has just been closed, although I'm not sure about this season.

In terms of Coaches Club for NON NFL events nothing is included it's just a club space with cash bar/food. (the only non NFL event I can recall where food was included was the COPA America Final)

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Most of that isn't related to attendance though, and you could argue They'd be losing more money in NJ given our lack of Corp. Sponsors, unsold Lux Boxes, etc. I mean - their payroll is insane. I have no idea how to square the payroll with revenue they'd be getting out of The Rock - I can't see it being more.

That one article is Barclays Center not Nets related in terms of losses.
Didn't they do well the couple of years they played here? It's hard to argue that Newark would be a captive audience - some really great players come out of Newark and surrounds. Seton Hall does well in Newark. NJIT, I am not sure.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Didn't they do well the couple of years they played here? It's hard to argue that Newark would be a captive audience - some really great players come out of Newark and surrounds. Seton Hall does well in Newark. NJIT, I am not sure.

Attendance was bad from what I recall but the team had already checked out so it was lame duck seasons. They were still playing at izod when they made the announcement, then played at prudential just until Barclay's was done but everyone knew they were leaving and they had removed New Jersey off the jerseys so it was never given a proper chance to succeed in the first place.

I didn't attend a single game at prudential because there was no point cause Barclay's broke ground the same year the team moved to Prudential. The team was already dead on arrival. There was no way I was giving money to an owner who was moving the team.

Reactions: forceten

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Does anyone know if M Lounge tickets get access to the new Prudential Lounge?

Regarding the question about Metlife.

Coaches Club for NFL is 111c-115c (rows 16 and up only for Giants games in 111c and 115c) is all inclusive food and non alc. drinks) with field patio access.

For the Jets Section 139 is the same thing (Metlife 50 Club) all inclusive food and non alc. drinks. along with field patio access.

For the Giants it has just been closed post covid, (but once upon a time was an add on with a full buffet spread (no patio access) then went to just a regular bar and most recently it has just been closed, although I'm not sure about this season.

In terms of Coaches Club for NON NFL events nothing is included it's just a club space with cash bar/food. (the only non NFL event I can recall where food was included was the COPA America Final)
I'm not sure if the M Lounge gets access to the new Prudential Lounge, but I don't see a reason to use it if you have M Lounge access. It's basically the same exact thing.

The 50 Club on the away side at MetLife has generally been open post-covid, I've been in there the last couple seasons and yesterday. But again (at least for the Giants) it's not much to speak of - it's an indoor area with a cash bar. My seats are right above it and I don't ever remember it even having a full buffet spread. I've gone in there for a decade plus and there's not much to speak of besides warming up during a cold game.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Wonder when this will be the norm everywhere, apparently the way it works is you upload a photo to the app and that's how it knows its your account and how many tickets you have...

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
I think it's roughly around 25 years, assuming the team doesn't opt to lobby for a new stadium to be built elsewhere. I'd be shocked if the owners do that but I guess anything is possible when you have their money.
The city is building a pedestrian bridge for them. I think they're gonna stay. The arena outside the team makes a bunch of money and ranks high.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Coming off a nice run where my brother was a season tick holder, so no longer am I turning down free tickets, and I am now looking to buy some tix for tonights game.

What's the best site for getting deals on game day tickets?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Wonder when this will be the norm everywhere, apparently the way it works is you upload a photo to the app and that's how it knows its your account and how many tickets you have...

really no point if you still have to get checked by security right after entry or even before you still have to wait in line at some point. also im guessing you still have tickets on your phone for in building reasons. you watch though everywhere will roll this out and then on the tickets there will be another surcharge/fee

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
really no point if you still have to get checked by security right after entry or even before you still have to wait in line at some point. also im guessing you still have tickets on your phone for in building reasons. you watch though everywhere will roll this out and then on the tickets there will be another surcharge/fee

They have the new walk through security, they only stop you if you have something. Lots of places have been adding it. This is the company...

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017
Philadelphia started their major upgrades in 2019 after opening in 1996 so that's 23 years.

Prudential opened in 2007 so we are on year 16. I think once we hit the 20 year mark we will have reached the time to start really fixing some stuff.

All the seats that aren't the black club seats need to be replaced. There are so many stains on them and they just look gross. If you haven't looked in awhile just check em out when you're walking around.

The bathrooms absolutely need an overhaul, there are stalls that don't even lock, other fixtures that leak water. They actually replaced all the paper towel dispensers but instead of putting in automatic ones they put in these cheap plastic ones that have equally awful quality paper towels.
We deffenilty need new seats or just wash all of them! The Devils logo on the black seats are all dirty and don't "pop" anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad