HFDevils Official Tickets and Prudential Center thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
somewhat off topic but has anyone been to the new isles rink? seeing how its the closest new rink to open wonder if they had anything cool/feature that would be nice to updated pru center?

My favorite aspect was in terms of a build was the entrance, it's the entire length of one side of the rink and there's a ton of room when you get inside so getting into the place is smooth going and I like that you scan your own ticket/phone.

I know hindsight is 20/20 blah blah but our entranceways are awful. The 2 towers as the main entrances are always a mess when it's a big event. The other smaller entrances are always easier to get through but the main towers should have been built even wider. Plus having to get the tickets scanned slows everything down too.

The biggest negative of UBS to me is the drive to get there and having to pay for park. I didn't go for hockey but the sight lines were good but I'll be honest in that I doubt I'll ever bother going there for a game.

Reactions: HBK27 and Colin226

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
My favorite aspect was in terms of a build was the entrance, it's the entire length of one side of the rink and there's a ton of room when you get inside so getting into the place is smooth going and I like that you scan your own ticket/phone.

I know hindsight is 20/20 blah blah but our entranceways are awful. The 2 towers as the main entrances are always a mess when it's a big event. The other smaller entrances are always easier to get through but the main towers should have been built even wider. Plus having to get the tickets scanned slows everything down too.

The biggest negative of UBS to me is the drive to get there and having to pay for park. I didn't go for hockey but the sight lines were good but I'll be honest in that I doubt I'll ever bother going there for a game.
yeah that was exactly the first thing that stuck out and made me ask the original question. that entranceway is beautiful and big. i have no idea why they went with two towers at prudential its a total mess.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Anyone attend the autograph event today? Consensus seems to be that it was a nightmare :laugh:
An old friend has season tickets so I've been to it twice. I didn't get to go to this year's event and last years but I went to the 2021/22 season event and it was a nightmare. I waited on Hughes'line for like 30 minutes and jist gave up and went to others because I literally would have gotten only 1 autograph the whole night if I stayed on it.

Your just better off waiting after games for autographs behind the arena. You might not get Jack or Dougie's autograph but I'm sure alot of the players still sign some stuff back there.

They should just split the event into 2 or 3 separate nights like Satanshockey said in a prior post. You shouldn't have to stand in line for 1 plus hour to get 30 seconds with a player. You give the team thousands of dollars a year , it's not that much of a hassle for it to be run more efficiently.

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018

If you live in NYC you can take Long Island Railroad there. I assume the round trip ticket is cheaper than the 20 or so plus dollars you have to pay for parking.

I've been to the arena 3 times and I really Ike it. It's got some similarities to Prudential Center. It's a beautiful arena. Everything arena wise for the Islanders worked out well for them in the end.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
If you live in NYC you can take Long Island Railroad there. I assume the round trip ticket is cheaper than the 20 or so plus dollars you have to pay for parking.

I've been to the arena 3 times and I really Ike it. It's got some similarities to Prudential Center. It's a beautiful arena. Everything arena wise for the Islanders worked out well for them in the end.

It definitely did work out for them, it's so much better than Barclay's which has one of the worst entrances of any new arena I've been too.

I just don't care for going to road games anymore. The MLS and visiting fan sections ruined me and I just have no desire to ever sit with other teams fans if I can avoid it. Even with having season tickets for the Devils I very rarely have other teams fans around me.

I just don't ever see it happening but putting away fans sections into arenas would by the only way I start going on a regular basis again. I know we have the Devils fan club and that they do road games and road trips but most of their trips are way overpriced and the average member is probably 75.

I also know that Julie Robenhymer puts together trips too but she's not a Devils fan and I'm not supporting her business on overpriced trips either.

If it was a decade ago I might have gotten energetic and put together something myself in terms of group road tickets for a lot of games but I frankly can't be bothered.

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018
It definitely did work out for them, it's so much better than Barclay's which has one of the worst entrances of any new arena I've been too.

I just don't care for going to road games anymore. The MLS and visiting fan sections ruined me and I just have no desire to ever sit with other teams fans if I can avoid it. Even with having season tickets for the Devils I very rarely have other teams fans around me.

I just don't ever see it happening but putting away fans sections into arenas would by the only way I start going on a regular basis again. I know we have the Devils fan club and that they do road games and road trips but most of their trips are way overpriced and the average member is probably 75.

I also know that Julie Robenhymer puts together trips too but she's not a Devils fan and I'm not supporting her business on overpriced trips either.

If it was a decade ago I might have gotten energetic and put together something myself in terms of group road tickets for a lot of games but I frankly can't be bothered.
Yeah I've seen here trips before. It was over priced but it did include tours of the cities the games were in. She is one of those people who add others on Instagram , wait for them to follow her back and than unfollows them to get more followers. Kind of pathetic if you ask me. I don't blame you for not supporting her either.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Yeah I've seen here trips before. It was over priced but it did include tours of the cities the games were in. She is one of those people who add others on Instagram , wait for them to follow her back and than unfollows them to get more followers. Kind of pathetic if you ask me. I don't blame you for not supporting her either.
Yeah I looked into her Chicago trip last year, but got the vibe it was just supporter her "wandering influencer" persona. Great for her if she can do it, but I also don't want to be tied to someone else's itinerary when I do my away game trips.

And, she's not a Devils fan? I know she acts like a team reporter, but also figured she is a fan given her trip business.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Yeah I looked into her Chicago trip last year, but got the vibe it was just supporter her "wandering influencer" persona. Great for her if she can do it, but I also don't want to be tied to someone else's itinerary when I do my away game trips.

And, she's not a Devils fan? I know she acts like a team reporter, but also figured she is a fan given her trip business.

Flyers fan I believe, she does a bunch of trip things with them too.

She's hustling and good on her for making money off it but I'm not going to waste any of my money on it by supporting it.

Reactions: Colin226

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
They advertise NJ beers but the cart and stand both were missing. They advertised upgraded Jersey items like the ripper hot dog, aforementioned chicken, etc but those are rare and frankly I couldn’t find them.

It was… annoying.

PNC Arena is a much better experience for games despite it being the Canes. Great carved prime rib sandwiches, BBQ stands, sausage stands (not gross premio), plus the usual. Several NC craft beer stands with over a dozen local beers, and slightly cheaper.

Despite its age I find it to be a better place to see a game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
They advertise NJ beers but the cart and stand both were missing. They advertised upgraded Jersey items like the ripper hot dog, aforementioned chicken, etc but those are rare and frankly I couldn’t find them.

It was… annoying.

PNC Arena is a much better experience for games despite it being the Canes. Great carved prime rib sandwiches, BBQ stands, sausage stands (not gross premio), plus the usual. Several NC craft beer stands with over a dozen local beers, and slightly cheaper.

It's certainly been a recurring problem with Harris and Blitzer since they took over, in my opinion. The food quality took a massive hit. I thought it improved somewhat prior to the COVID year, which then proceeded to impact the number of stands and options from there.

While I think it's gotten a tiny bit better, it's way overpriced and I find myself doing my damndest to not eat or drink when I'm there. If you're visiting from out of town though, I know that's probably not as easy.

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, it's disappointing. And honestly it doesn't need to be. Maybe call PNC and ask how they managed it. It's owned by NC State University not the 'canes so who knows. Plus professional courtesy and all that.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

It was… annoying.

With the parking situation at PNC tailgating is what I would be doing all the time. It's the one and only thing I miss from the Meadowlands. I get home way faster from Newark though and don't need to pay to park since it's not one giant parking lot so it's a trade off I'm fine with.

Inside the arena though I like Prudential way more in terms of sight lines. Especially upstairs.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
you guys obviously are more up to date on the pru center then me are there any talks discussions rumors about any upgrades/updates?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
you guys obviously are more up to date on the pru center then me are there any talks discussions rumors about any upgrades/updates?
I haven't heard anything, but I think they're just going to continue making small changes over time.

Just to catalogue enhancements in recent years: It started with the scoreboard upgrade, then they renovated the clubs and suites, they renovated the goal bar into The Lofts, and added the Studio Suites last season. They also added video monitors to the concession stands in the last few years, and added video boards in certain parts of the concourse (like behind section 101). And they renovated player areas when they moved the locker room to the other side of the building. Oh and they made the empty space behind section 225 a hospitality area although I haven't seen it up close and they don't seem to advertise it. I think it's intended for groups that buy a lot of seats in that section.

This season they've added the Prudential Lounge, upgraded the M Lounge (not sure what this entailed though), and added the Foundry Bar on the concourse. They also claim to have added 5G cell service and WiFi, though I haven't heard anyone mention it yet.

In terms of things that need upgrading:
- I can't see the restaurant needing much of an upgrade any time soon as it's nice and not outdated.​
- I think most agree they need new seats, because the current ones are stained after 16 years of spills and people stepping on them.​
- The bathrooms could absolutely use a renovation. I won't even list all the issues, but damn.​
- It would be nice if they would finish the empty void next to section 209. Seems like it never makes it into the budget but it's been "unfinished" since 2007.​
- I'd love to see them do something more with the space in between the concession stands and the big Mulberry Street windows on the upper concourse. They seem to use this for small season ticket events. It used to have a concession stand in there. My wish would be for them to make it a season ticket lounge with nice food/drink options for purchase.​
I'm not an architect, but when I interned for the team in 2010, I would wonder around it a lot and I always got the impression that there was a lot of wasted space. There are random rooms in various places where the font office would just store stuff because it couldn't serve any other purpose. It's like they focused solely on making sure they could fit an arena, practice rink, and front office on the land, and everything else was an afterthought. I would love to see what a major renovation could look like, but with all the other recent upgrades, I can't see the ownership being interested in that for quite some time.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I haven't heard anything, but I think they're just going to continue making small changes over time.

Just to catalogue enhancements in recent years: It started with the scoreboard upgrade, then they renovated the clubs and suites, they renovated the goal bar into The Lofts, and added the Studio Suites last season. They also added video monitors to the concession stands in the last few years, and added video boards in certain parts of the concourse (like behind section 101). And they renovated player areas when they moved the locker room to the other side of the building. Oh and they made the empty space behind section 225 a hospitality area although I haven't seen it up close and they don't seem to advertise it. I think it's intended for groups that buy a lot of seats in that section.

This season they've added the Prudential Lounge, upgraded the M Lounge (not sure what this entailed though), and added the Foundry Bar on the concourse. They also claim to have added 5G cell service and WiFi, though I haven't heard anyone mention it yet.

- I can't see the restaurant needing much of an upgrade any time soon as it's nice and not outdated.​
- I think most agree they need new seats, because the current ones are stained after 16 years of spills and people stepping on them.​
- The bathrooms could absolutely use a renovation. I won't even list all the issues, but damn.​
- It would be nice if they would finish the empty void next to section 209. Seems like it never makes it into the budget but it's been "unfinished" since 2007.​
- I'd love to see them do something more with the space in between the concession stands and the big Mulberry Street windows on the upper concourse. They seem to use this for small season ticket events. It used to have a concession stand in there. My wish would be for them to make it a season ticket lounge with nice food/drink options for purchase.​
I'm not an architect, but when I interned for the team in 2010, I would wonder around it a lot and I always got the impression that there was a lot of wasted space. There are random rooms in various places where the font office would just store stuff because it couldn't serve any other purpose. It's like they focused solely on making sure they could fit an arena, practice rink, and front office on the land, and everything else was an afterthought. I would love to see what a major renovation could look like, but with all the other recent upgrades, I can't see the ownership being interested in that for quite some time.

You aren’t an architect? Are you a marine biologist?

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

The M Lounge "upgrade" has been more or less a downgrade so far. The only positive is they extended the lounge out into the giant annex space that they have at the end (which they did for the playoffs last year), which provides a lot more room. Some of the high top bar tables with seats were removed for longer standing tables, but at least it's a wash with the additional tables that were added to the expanded area.

The biggest hit is food quality though. Other than the sushi bar, it seems like the remaining food is just a carbon copy of what they put in the new Prudential Lounge. My guess is they did this to save money (they can prep the food for both the M Lounge and the Prudential Lounge at the same time), but it's a step back from what the M Lounge used to be. Less options at the carving station, the pasta that was previously made to order is now carried out in pre-made containers, and the former burgers/hot dogs/wings/Auntie Anne's station is a self-serve shell of what it used to be.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
What is the deal with the new bar/lounge at street level? Just curious who gets to go in there.

Also, when did they decide that just about every beer for sale in the arena was going to be 24oz? I'm all for a double, but that seems a bit crazy that you don't even have the option in most cases to get a regular sized beer.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

you def seem to know your stuff about this thanks for the input. what is typical average age for an arena to get a major upgrade/overhaul?

Reactions: Colin226

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
What is the deal with the new bar/lounge at street level? Just curious who gets to go in there.

Also, when did they decide that just about every beer for sale in the arena was going to be 24oz? I'm all for a double, but that seems a bit crazy that you don't even have the option in most cases to get a regular sized beer.

Don’t they have thr kid’s size beer at some of the stalls?

• Haha
Reactions: HBK27

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
you def seem to know your stuff about this thanks for the input. what is typical average age for an arena to get a major upgrade/overhaul?

Philadelphia started their major upgrades in 2019 after opening in 1996 so that's 23 years.

Prudential opened in 2007 so we are on year 16. I think once we hit the 20 year mark we will have reached the time to start really fixing some stuff.

All the seats that aren't the black club seats need to be replaced. There are so many stains on them and they just look gross. If you haven't looked in awhile just check em out when you're walking around.

The bathrooms absolutely need an overhaul, there are stalls that don't even lock, other fixtures that leak water. They actually replaced all the paper towel dispensers but instead of putting in automatic ones they put in these cheap plastic ones that have equally awful quality paper towels.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I think it's roughly around 25 years, assuming the team doesn't opt to lobby for a new stadium to be built elsewhere. I'd be shocked if the owners do that but I guess anything is possible when you have their money.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I think it's roughly around 25 years, assuming the team doesn't opt to lobby for a new stadium to be built elsewhere. I'd be shocked if the owners do that but I guess anything is possible when you have their money.

I couldn't even fathom where else a stadium would go. Hoboken was a rumor back in the day before we moved to Newark but Hoboken is such a pain in the ass and not a car friendly city in terms of traffic and parking that I think it would be a gigantic mistake since a lot of our fan base still does drive.

The guts of the building and location of Prudential are too good to me to do anything else but a 3 year during the summer type renovation that we have seen arenas like msg and Philly did.

Last edited:
Reactions: HBK27 and Colin226

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

IMG_0825.png

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I couldn't even fathom where else a stadium would go. Hoboken was a rumor back in the day before we moved to Newark but Hoboken is such a pain in the ass and not a car friendly city in terms of traffic and parking that I think it would be a gigantic mistake since a lot of our fan base still does drive.

The guts of the building and location of Prudential are too good to me to do anything else but a 3 year during the summer type renovation that we have seen arenas like msg and Philly did.
Hoboken would be unreal, but you would have to rely on 99% train transportation like MSG. The old plan that had the arena above the train/path station at the end of Washington would have been a top 5 draw in the entire NHL similar to Bridgestone at the end of Broadway in Nashville.

I feel like Hoboken has grown even more immensely in both popularity and density since then, so the arena would likely be borderline impossible to get approved and built at this point.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Hoboken would be unreal, but you would have to rely on 99% train transportation like MSG. The old plan that had the arena above the train/path station at the end of Washington would have been a top 5 draw in the entire NHL similar to Bridgestone at the end of Broadway in Nashville.

I feel like Hoboken has grown even more immensely in both popularity and density since then, so the arena would likely be borderline impossible to get approved and built at this point.

I never want it to happen, it would be the only thing that would make me debate dropping my season tickets(besides an obvious insane price increase) because I'm never driving that much to Hoboken and taking the train simply isn't happening for me and would take even longer.

I could be wrong but think it would hurt the overall attendance. I feel like there's a lot of people in Hoboken who are there now cause it's close to the city and that's where they really want to be so there's probably already a big amount of Rangers fans there to begin with and then you are also making it way more difficult for the fans who always drive which is still and always will be a large portion of our base.

Reactions: NJDevs26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad