Proposal: Hertl to NYR (with agreement on long-term contract)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
this claim is just overstatement to pump up the price: "The reasoning: NY desperately needs a proven 2C "

and Sharks fans insisting multiple knee issues and 9 NHL seasons shouldn't factor into acquisition price is just self-serving

It's just not that likely Sharks easily get offered equivalent of 3 1st's for Hertl.
It only takes one offer, so it could happen

But no way I see NYR paying that premium for that guy
(no diss to Hertl, its just not 3 years ago)

also, NYR should have other options, at least nearly as good. I wrote this in an Eichel thread
"I expect that, along the way, a 'nearly as good', 'ready to play', top 2 C becomes available, at less extreme cost.
NYR has plenty of assets to offer a team whose deepest depth is C, and hopes to balance out their lineup or pipeline"

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Yep, 1st and 2nd line centers that are really good players are available 365 days a year, especially at a low cost! They're even easier to find when they're 28 or younger!
"Less extreme cost" and low cost not the same thing.

Posters here think NHL has become NBA w frequent deals including 3 or more 1st's or equivalent.
Show me 1 in last 20 years...

Captain kahruinch

May 5, 2016
To expand on your trade would the sharks be interested in this trade?

Rangers get Tomas Hertl signed extension
2022 3rd pick (SJ)

Buffalo gets
Filip Chytil (2.3 x 2 RFA)
one of Nils Lundkvist/Zac Jones
2022 1st rd pick (NYR)
2023 Sharks first round on the condition that Eichel plays 45 games

sharks get
Jack Eichel

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
"Less extreme cost" and low cost not the same thing.

Posters here think NHL has become NBA w frequent deals including 3 or more 1st's or equivalent.
Show me 1 in last 20 years...

How could I, not counting the trade deadline, quality 1st and 2nd line players come up for trade as often as players are labeled intergeneralfranchisal...more often than not, they're resigned before even hitting a trade deadline or UFA period.

The O'Reilly trade, no matter how lopsided consisted of 3 1st rounders, plus a Sobotka and a 2nd...though one of the firsts was a player from a different decade.

I do think Hertl could easily fetch a 1st in the teens and an excellent prospect. If he's extended or traded at the beginning of the year, add on another very good + prospect.

Personally think it's gotten to the point where when a player is developed and excels for a franchise the chance of them trading them away before they're 30 is almost non-existent...or at least no longer the norm, so if it happens expect the ask to be sky high and the return better than expected.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

2022 3rd pick (SJ)

Buffalo gets
2022 1st rd pick (NYR)

sharks get
Jack Eichel

Replace the Sharks' best center for a more expensive and riskier (but younger) center at the cost of a lottery pick and a 3rd, which at best improves the Sharks only marginally and leaves them lacking depth?

Pass.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Great proposal imo if this is for Zac Jones and lottery protected. Hertl would be great though the numbers might be tough without cap.

Lundqvist is a nice secret at this point. Actually so is Zac Jones…

Reactions: HyperX

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
How could I, not counting the trade deadline, quality 1st and 2nd line players come up for trade as often as players are labeled intergeneralfranchisal...more often than not, they're resigned before even hitting a trade deadline or UFA period.
The O'Reilly trade, no matter how lopsided consisted of 3 1st rounders, plus a Sobotka and a 2nd...though one of the firsts was a player from a different decade.
I do think Hertl could easily fetch a 1st in the teens and an excellent prospect. If he's extended or traded at the beginning of the year, add on another very good + prospect.
Personally think it's gotten to the point where when a player is developed and excels for a franchise the chance of them trading them away before they're 30 is almost non-existent...or at least no longer the norm, so if it happens expect the ask to be sky high and the return better than expected.

we aren't really disagreeing much

and as NYR fan, with the Zib acquisition in recent memory, i may be too optimistic that could happen again
I'd be fine w NYR getting a guy like that again, on the cusp of jumping to star level, over a big-ticket and/or maybe physically challenged more proven guy

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

2022 3rd pick (SJ)

Buffalo gets
2022 1st rd pick (NYR)

sharks get
Jack Eichel
Id do it if Hertl says hes done in SJ.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

2022 3rd pick (SJ)

Buffalo gets
2022 1st rd pick (NYR)

sharks get
Jack Eichel

Rangers pass

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose

2022 3rd pick (SJ)

Buffalo gets
2022 1st rd pick (NYR)

sharks get
Jack Eichel

DW has already gone on record saying the Sharks 1st round picks for the forseeable future are off limits.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
that's about what I do whenever I see a Rangers fan trying to pawn off their waiver wire trash while still pretending he has any value whatsoever.
Didnt take long for this post to age poorly. That "waiver wire trash", as you so eloquently put it, has 2 beautiful goals tonight.

Edit: Hat trick ot winner. Karma is a bitch eh?

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Didnt take long for this post to age poorly. That "waiver wire trash", as you so eloquently put it, has 2 beautiful goals tonight.

Edit: Hat trick ot winner. Karma is a bitch eh?

I do love when karma rears it’s ugly head. Good for Chytil. It’s nice to see what he can do with more minutes/longer leash. It wasn’t no BS preseason squad either. That’s the Isles had their starting roster/goalie

Last edited:

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
The Sharks and everyone else in the league has negative interest in Chytil. Any proposal including him is an automatic 'Hell No'. Keep your draft bust.
About 4 hours after this comment Chytil put up a hat trick against the Islanders opening night lineup with all 3 goals being absolute snipes on Sorokin including the OT winner. But yeah, the center that just put up 22 points in 41 games in his 21 year old season with no powerplay time and playing strictly 3rd line minutes is a bust. Sharks haven’t had a youngster as good as Chytil since…Hertl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad