Proposal: Hertl to NYR (with agreement on long-term contract)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I think San Jose could get more.

This is essentially Justin Barron + Tyson Jost + Colorado 2023 1st for Hertl. And I would easily offer that package for Hertl. I'd give up a fair bit more actually.
I would take Chytil and Lundkvist and the Rangers 1st and run, that’s decidedly better than this Avs package plus the 1st will likely be a lot better. That’s a lot, it’s taking two players out Rangers line-up now as Lundkvist is making the team.

Jones is a downgrade but probably more realistic if Chytil is included. Chytil is a year and half younger than Jost, I see a lot more upside with him (obviously feel free to disagree).

Barron vs Jones, is tougher, since I don’t know if San Jose needs an undersized PP quarterback. Jones is a really solid prospect though and Rangers could offer up Matthew Robertson.

Reactions: doomscroll

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
I mean guys like Trouba and Kreider are likely to go at some point but we'd have Zibanjead around $9m and Hertl at $7.5m and both guys barreling towards 30 with a spotty injury history to boot. Panarin and Kakko can carry the 2nd line regardless of who is in the middle. Just my opinion obviously but I think we could easily get away with a lesser option on that 2nd line.

Exactly, I'd settle for a guy who could ballpark Strome's numbers but play a better 3 zone game with a little more bite and net presence. I hate to get this thread derailed but PLD, if Winnipeg can't rangle him in is a good option.

But, Strome seems to be very vocal and saying a lot of the right things lately and I'm curious to see what Gallant can extract from him. Of all the players on the team he is publically "buying in" to Coach Gallant. He may redeam himself this season and change so minds. We might get a proffesional growth spurt from him this year.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I would take Chytil and Lundkvist and the Rangers 1st and run, that’s decidedly better than this Avs package plus the 1st will likely be a lot better. That’s a lot, it’s taking two players out Rangers line-up now as Lundkvist is making the team.

Jones is a downgrade but probably more realistic if Chytil is included. Chytil is a year and half younger than Jost, I see a lot more upside with him (obviously feel free to disagree).

Barron vs Jones, is tougher, since I don’t know if San Jose needs an undersized PP quarterback. Jones is a really solid prospect though and Rangers could offer up Matthew Robertson.

Again, my entire point was it's a light package and I would easily give up more for Hertl.

Read my other posts in this thread and you'll see I've mentioned Is be happy to give up Byram+ or Newhook+ in the deal.

Barron + Jost + 1st is just a comparable to the Rangers deal here that I think is light. That would also be light from the Avs.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
English
and comprehension
they are your friends.

Just remember, actually reading what is actually there is fundamental.

"So, as I have previously stated, and shouldn't have to repeat myself each and every single time, conditions would be:
- availability
here I'm being generous. I'm not requiring it be actual games played, which could theoretically be manipulated if totals are close by player sitting out a few. I am simply saying Hertl has to be sufficiently healthy to play -- available -- tho if I am being generous he should be able to sit out a couple here and there as necessary to not aggravate anything small he may have [like a hamstring].

- production
quantity of points and +/-"

---------
Pretending I did not type all that is not gonna make your point.
You still haven't laid out the conditions :biglaugh:.

You are just stating possible trade conditions available in the NHL.

Just keep Strome and run him as your 2C

Reactions: CanadianSharks

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Again, my entire point was it's a light package and I would easily give up more for Hertl.

Read my other posts in this thread and you'll see I've mentioned Is be happy to give up Byram+ or Newhook+ in the deal.

Barron + Jost + 1st is just a comparable to the Rangers deal here that I think is light. That would also be light from the Avs.
I value every single piece in the Rangers deal more than that deal. Now depending on the plus to Newhook, that package is worth more but yours isn’t really comparable.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I would do 2 of those pieces for Hertl, 3 is a lot, if thats the asking price and they wont budge ill cross my fingers and hope he makes it to July 1st or see the other options available

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

I’m guessing you and Sakic might differ about the players the Avs would move for Hertl, I don’t see Byram being available.

Newhook certainly would make that package much better (especially since I’m assuming it’s Jones and not Lundkvist with Chytil) most people, myself included, were responding to the players listed though.

And maybe Sakic would include Newhook, it depends on the market for Hertl, which I think will be very good, though the Eichel weirdness is hanging over it. A lot of UFA centermen musical chairs are already filled, Barkov was the other biggie, so Hertl and the Rangers’ guys is it now, outside of few of the old guard (Malkin, Bergeron) who aren’t going anywhere.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
English
and comprehension
they are your friends.

Just remember, actually reading what is actually there is fundamental.

"So, as I have previously stated, and shouldn't have to repeat myself each and every single time, conditions would be:
- availability
here I'm being generous. I'm not requiring it be actual games played, which could theoretically be manipulated if totals are close by player sitting out a few. I am simply saying Hertl has to be sufficiently healthy to play -- available -- tho if I am being generous he should be able to sit out a couple here and there as necessary to not aggravate anything small he may have [like a hamstring].

- production
quantity of points and +/-"

---------
Pretending I did not type all that is not gonna make your point.

One, you're not laying out conditions. These are possible conditions. Two, has anyone of Hertl's caliber been conditioned like what you're vaguely referring to especially the production? When has anyone been conditioned based on points and +/-? Games? Sure but that's typically for those who have missed time AND their caliber of play is questionable. That simply isn't the case with Hertl. It's an unreasonable request to condition on any of those things. Condition on team results if you must but understand that you're putting yourself at a disadvantage in acquiring him by doing so even if there's only two other options.

Reactions: CanadianSharks

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
The Sharks and everyone else in the league has negative interest in Chytil. Any proposal including him is an automatic 'Hell No'. Keep your draft bust.

I'm not sure how he's a "bust".

He was picked 21, not Top5/10 or anything. And while he hasn't broken out yet and put up any big numbers, the flashes with the skating and skill are there on a game to game basis. I'd say he's actually an intriguing piece among fans of other teams, a lot seem interested in him.

So at least know what youre talking about if you're gonna be an ass

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Checked out the Sharks board, how are Sharks fans okay with Lysell+1st for Hertl but then NYR has to offer Filip Chytil+Schneider/Lundkvist+1st round pick?

Also I don’t know why we have to pay a premium for an extended Hertl. I’d rather take him as he is because this is NYR..if we want to sign him to an extension, he’ll sign.

Last thing, Mark Stone extended got Brannstrom+2nd. An extended player doesn’t double his value. Stone was a better player than Hertl at the time of the trade, and Brannstrom/Lundkvist are comparable prospects at the time of the trade.

To think you’re getting
- a center who put up .5 PPG in his 21 year old season with bottom 6 time and no powerplay time

- one of the best defensive prospects in the NHL and an overall top 20 prospect

- and a mid first in what is considered a very deep draft

you’re over projecting. Hertl isn’t getting near that even with an extension

Last edited:
Reactions: One Winged Angel

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Checked out the Sharks board, how are Sharks fans okay with Lysell+1st for Hertl but then NYR has to offer Filip Chytil+Schneider/Lundkvist+1st round pick?

Also I don’t know why we have to pay a premium for an extended Hertl. I’d rather take him as he is because this is NYR..if we want to sign him to an extension, he’ll sign.
Try reading the OP's titled offer 1st

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Multiple Sharks fan said it was a fair offer if he's an upcoming UFA with a 3 team trade list in the Hertl trade, go there and read it yourself.
Gotta realize that we arent in that position right now. Hertl is staying with the sharks atleast until TDL, so any speculation right now is not going to be from a worst case scenario position for us.

It very well could end up that way, but whats the point in discussing it when we have no idea

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad