Proposal: Hertl to NYR (with agreement on long-term contract)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Only way this trade makes sense for the Rangers if they honestly think that this would be enough to put them over the top and be super competitive. Does any non-Ranger fan believe that? I don't. The Ranger's rebuild scares me because they can pretty much sign any UFA at will, so I'm actually okay with them making this move because I believe it'd be a step in the wrong direction. Removing my dislike for the Rangers, neutrally I would say it's a bad trade for the Rangers. They should keep the rebuild on course the way it is.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
The Sharks and everyone else in the league has negative interest in Chytil. Any proposal including him is an automatic 'Hell No'. Keep your draft bust.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think you might be underrating Chytil. However, if the Avs are the trade guys, I have said I hope Newhook was the guy the sharks put their foot in the sand over. Makes a ton of sense for us going forward and isnt quite the tier of a Byram

I dont think so, Chytil is a year younger then Jost but essentially has very similar stats at the same ages. Jost has turned into a really strong defensive player, just a question of whether the offense can come around on a more consistent level here at some point. I think Chytil has a lot of the same questions.

But yeah, I'd be happy to move either of Newhook or Byram in the deal if it meant getting back a signed Hertl. He checks off every box the Avs need for our next 2C behind Mackinnon.

Personally I'd actually rather deal Byram, because our LHD is already incredibly strong with both Toews and Girard in the Top 4 and both still signed for 3, and 6 years respectively at phenomenal cap hits for what they bring. And on the flip side the Avs entire 2nd line are UFAs next year. Kadri is presumably gone hence the Hertl trade idea, and Burakovsky and Nichushkin may very well price themselves out of Colorado as well(If I had to pick one I honestly think I'd prefer Nichushkin for what he brings defensively).

So I'd rather keep Newhook and work him as a Winger to Hertl or perhaps as the 3C if the Avs wanted to try and run lines that can score effectively.

But if San Jose insisted on wanting Newhook to get a top tier Center prospect back in the deal I'd hope the Avs would be willing to do that as well.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Hertl is an upcoming UFA with 2 knee injuries in his past, 3 team trade list and he won't re-sign.

I talked to some Sharks fan in the Hertl trade and I offered way less than this and they basically said yes do the trades if Hertl will nix every other teams.

A combination of something including these pieces were enough according to multiple Sharks fans.

1st
2nd
Jones
Strome
Georgiev

They wasn't really interested in Georgiev. Strome they could flip for a 2nd or more according to themselves. 1st + 2nd in a deep draft is not bad pieces and Jones is very good as well.

The Rangers aren't moving Lundkvist for anyone before they know what he is. Chytil is staying too.

Edit: my trade offer was without an extension, we can extend him afterwards and save some pieces for sure.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I think San Jose could get more.

This is essentially Justin Barron + Tyson Jost + Colorado 2023 1st for Hertl. And I would easily offer that package for Hertl. I'd give up a fair bit more actually.
Dumbest shit ever. Chytil is worth more than Jost...

Lundkvist is one of the best D prospects in the world. He broke multiple records and was the best D in the SHL last season (one could argue Seider was as good or slightly better).

Also Rangers plays in a tougher division so their 1st is more valuable than Colorado's.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
The Sharks and everyone else in the league has negative interest in Chytil. Any proposal including him is an automatic 'Hell No'. Keep your draft bust.
How is he a draft bust? He gets no PP time and still scores at a gold rate 5v5 with bad linesmates.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Ahhh, what? Lundkvist and Barron are significant closer then Newhook and Lundkvist.

Both Dmen are late 1st round picks who play similar games and have very similar projections.

Newhook is an A-tier, borderline top 10 prospect in the league. A very clear, 2-3 tiers above both Dmen.

And my point in all of this is OPs offer is not very good for a signed Hertl. An offer I think would get beat by many teams and would hope that my Avs would beat this offer.

Personally I'd do Byram or Newhook plus for a signed Hertl.
Wings' blue chippers, Caufield headline Top 75 prospects list - TSN.ca

Lundkvist is ranked #10. Barron is ranked #68...

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
Hertl's agent is allowed to speak with NY and come up with a contract - 6 years 7.5m (34yo at end)

the trade includes:

Tomas Hertl ([5.625 x 1], signed after)
2022 3rd pick (SJ)

for

Filip Chytil (2.3 x 2 RFA)
one of Nils Lundkvist/Zac Jones
2022 1st rd pick (NYR)

The reasoning: NY desperately needs a proven 2C to push them up in status and really elevate their all around game. If the defense held up they could possibly win the Metro.

San Jose gets back a mid to late 1st in a strong draft, an impressive defensive prospect, and a player they can immediately input and grow with in Chytil who is good for a top-9 role

Go easy on me!

As a Sharks fan, I'd take that and run.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
upload_2021-10-9_6-27-52.png

I'd offer Strome, Jones or Lundkvist and a 1st.

Not moving Chytil

Reactions: Zats Muccarello

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
This is bad for the Rangers. Too much to give up for 1 year of Hertl, regardless of the extension. Stone signed an extension with Vegas and Ottawa didn't get this much.

I seriously doubt Hertl will except 6 years @ 7.5 mil, and even if he did, we'd still have a hard time fitting him in and re-signing everyone next summer.

Lastly, there have been reports that Hertl won't re-sign with SJ. So why should we give up valuable assets to acquire him when we can just wait until he becomes a UFA?

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Hertl is an upcoming UFA with 2 knee injuries in his past, 3 team trade list and he won't re-sign.

I talked to some Sharks fan in the Hertl trade and I offered way less than this and they basically said yes do the trades if Hertl will nix every other teams.

A combination of something including these pieces were enough according to multiple Sharks fans.

1st
2nd
Jones
Strome
Georgiev

They wasn't really interested in Georgiev. Strome they could flip for a 2nd or more according to themselves. 1st + 2nd in a deep draft is not bad pieces and Jones is very good as well.

The Rangers aren't moving Lundkvist for anyone before they know what he is. Chytil is staying too.

Edit: my trade offer was without an extension, we can extend him afterwards and save some pieces for sure.
What a croc. Flip Strome yourselves or leave him out of the deal
What a lazy and crappy offer

Reactions: Guttersniped

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You wasted so much time to basically offer Strome + two 2nds.

No thanks.

wrong.
you were so quick to hang me, you ignored the facts of what I actually said,
which included:
- make no offer now, wait for likely ufa status next yr = no assets surrendered

You are better than that ------ I'd like to think.
However, on that, I clould be wrong.

This is bad for the Rangers. Too much to give up for 1 year of Hertl, regardless of the extension. Stone signed an extension with Vegas and Ottawa didn't get this much.

I seriously doubt Hertl will except 6 years @ 7.5 mil, and even if he did, we'd still have a hard time fitting him in and re-signing everyone next summer.

Lastly, there have been reports that Hertl won't re-sign with SJ. So why should we give up valuable assets to acquire him when we can just wait until he becomes a UFA?

All of this spot on verbatim

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
wrong.
you were so quick to hang me, you ignored the facts of what I actually said,
which included:
- make no offer now, wait for likely ufa status next yr = no assets surrendered

You are better than that ------ I'd like to think.
However, on that, I clould be wrong.

All of this spot on verbatim
Ah so your vague "could conditionally turn into 1st" comment that you lazily throw into every single proposal to cover your ass for making a shit proposal totally changes things! I ignored it because it meant literally nothing. Point is, you try to throw out Strome + "garbage that could turn into gold" in every single proposal, but you're too lazy to even lay out conditions.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Ah so your vague "could conditionally turn into 1st" comment that you lazily throw into every single proposal to cover your ass for making a shit proposal totally changes things! I ignored it because it meant literally nothing. Point is, you try to throw out Strome + "garbage that could turn into gold" in every single proposal, but you're too lazy to even lay out conditions.

shame, shame
instead of admitting you were wrong -- notice you don't admit to my posture of hold off to get him as ufa for only $$ --- you come up with this shit.

The cba now does not allow conditional picks for IF player resigns.

So, as I have previously stated, and shouldn't have to repeat myself each and every single time, conditions would be:
- availability
here I'm being generous. I'm not requiring it be actual games played, which could theoretically be manipulated if totals are close by player sitting out a few. I am simply saying Hertl has to be sufficiently healthy to play -- available -- tho if I am being generous he should be able to sit out a couple here and there as necessary to not aggravate anything small he may have [like a hamstring].

- production
quantity of points and +/-

------------

Since you have chosen to be snide without provocation, I will respond in kind:
you are revealed to be wrong.

consider yourself triple b'd --- burned by bern

Reactions: Zats Muccarello

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
What a croc. Flip Strome yourselves or leave him out of the deal
What a lazy and crappy offer
Multiple Sharks fan said it was a fair offer if he's an upcoming UFA with a 3 team trade list in the Hertl trade, go there and read it yourself.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
shame, shame
instead of admitting you were wrong -- notice you don't admit to my posture of hold off to get him as ufa for only $$ --- you come up with this shit.

The cba now does not allow conditional picks for IF player resigns.

So, as I have previously stated, and shouldn't have to repeat myself each and every single time, conditions would be:
- availability
here I'm being generous. I'm not requiring it be actual games played, which could theoretically be manipulated if totals are close by player sitting out a few. I am simply saying Hertl has to be sufficiently healthy to play -- available -- tho if I am being generous he should be able to sit out a couple here and there as necessary to not aggravate anything small he may have [like a hamstring].

- production
quantity of points and +/-

------------

Since you have chosen to be snide without provocation, I will respond in kind:
you are revealed to be wrong.

consider yourself triple b'd --- burned by bern
What is this nonsense? The conditions I'm referring to are the conditions for your intentionally vague (to try to save face) proposal for the 2nd to become a 1st. I never said anything about conditional picks for re-signing.

Amazing how you try to toot your own horn about "winning" this argument when you're totally wrong about your attacks.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Multiple Sharks fan said it was a fair offer if he's an upcoming UFA with a 3 team trade list in the Hertl trade, go there and read it yourself.
Yeah yeah that's how it works here.
I've read through this Hertl to the Rangers thread. Just like I have all the previous ones.
Lindqvist and a 1st is appealing but a tad light for most of us

Reactions: themelkman

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What is this nonsense? The conditions I'm referring to are the conditions for your intentionally vague (to try to save face) proposal for the 2nd to become a 1st. I never said anything about conditional picks for re-signing.

Amazing how you try to toot your own horn about "winning" this argument when you're totally wrong about your attacks.

English
and comprehension
they are your friends.

Just remember, actually reading what is actually there is fundamental.

"So, as I have previously stated, and shouldn't have to repeat myself each and every single time, conditions would be:
- availability

- production
quantity of points and +/-"

---------
Pretending I did not type all that is not gonna make your point.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
English
and comprehension
they are your friends.

Just remember, actually reading what is actually there is fundamental.

"So, as I have previously stated, and shouldn't have to repeat myself each and every single time, conditions would be:
- availability

- production
quantity of points and +/-"

---------
Pretending I did not type all that is not gonna make your point.
You're not worth it. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad