Proposal: Hertl to NYR (with agreement on long-term contract)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
And again, Sharks fans trying to boost his value by nearly double by offering him with an extension makes 0 sense for NYR. This is NYR, not Arizona or Buffalo, we don’t need an extension guarantee just so you guys can add in Schneider. If he gets traded here, he will want to re-sign.

Yeah, and
1. he's not being traded to NY
2. he will be a ufa and he will seriously consider coming here
dep on cap hit #s, we will sign him for free and keep our assets
won't kill us to wait til next season

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Yeah, and

I can see him signing in Boston as well. They'll have guaranteed 2nd line center status and more money to throw at him though there will be plenty of suitors that can throw obscene amounts of money and opportunity at him.

My guess is Boston trades for him at the deadline and signs him immediately.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I can see him signing in Boston as well. They'll have guaranteed 2nd line center status and more money to throw at him though there will be plenty of suitors that can throw obscene amounts of money and opportunity at him.

My guess is Boston trades for him at the deadline and signs him immediately.

Should be interesting.

I do expect Bergeron back, McAvoy will get a sizeable raise, but Jake Debrusk may be gone.

The should have the room, but it will be tight

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
And again, Sharks fans trying to boost his value by nearly double by offering him with an extension makes 0 sense for NYR. This is NYR, not Arizona or Buffalo, we don’t need an extension guarantee just so you guys can add in Schneider. If he gets traded here, he will want to re-sign.
OP isn't a Sharks fan and Jones & Strome doesn't cut it

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Yeah, and
You guys are so spoiled when you guys can just assume UFAs will come to your team a la Panarin

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
yes or no, that perspective is moot

we cannot afford to pay assets for him, esp young assets
we have no choice but to wait and see.
Id say thats NYRs own fault though. You got gifted an easy rebuild and somehow keep blowing parts of it. They should be in a great position to pickup a top 1c like Hertl and extend him, but you keep blowing through assets.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Id say thats NYRs own fault though. You got gifted an easy rebuild and somehow keep blowing parts of it. They should be in a great position to pickup a top 1c like Hertl and extend him, but you keep blowing through assets.

no
no young assets we hace no surplus
wait for ufa

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Should be interesting.

I do expect Bergeron back, McAvoy will get a sizeable raise, but Jake Debrusk may be gone.

The should have the room, but it will be tight
I seriously doubt he comes too Boston, they do not have the cap space and they need to make MacAvoy signing the priority . Terrific player but the cost just to prohibitive ......

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Krav, Buch, Andersson. Just three examples of one time high value assets NYR wasted

Buchnevich is 26 and played 5 seasons with the organization, with a couple of KHL seasons prior to coming over. I wouldn't say he was a high value asset that was wasted. You can argue the trade coming back wasn't what it should have been if you want, but he wasn't really a wasted asset.

He was also a 3rd round pick.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Krav, Buch, Andersson. Just three examples of one time high value assets NYR wasted

wrong

Lias was never legit high value
we should have used the pick better or traded it

Buch was good
we undersold him
tho Blais has been pleasant we should have gotten more
I wanted him to EDM for 8-12OA value
So far we are on the short end of that
although we gained immediate cap needed and Blais good so far
depends on what they do w/the 2nd this yrs draft they got coming

and Krav is not yet a waste
you are trying to control the narrative to drive the price down and that's not happening
NY has zero pressure to move him immediately

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
wrong

Lias was never legit high value
we should have used the pick better or traded it

Buch was good
we undersold him
tho Blais has been pleasant we should have gotten more
I wanted him to EDM for 8-12OA value
So far we are on the short end of that
although we gained immediate cap needed and Blais good so far
depends on what they do w/the 2nd this yrs draft they got coming

and Krav is not yet a waste
you are trying to control the narrative to drive the price down and that's not happening
NY has zero pressure to move him immediately
I dont need the price down nor do I control price of players. I dont have any interest in the sharks trading for Krav, and I dont think they are trading for Hertl so Im personally not concerned with the Rangers at all.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
remember when people thought Chytil was any good?

good times.
Chytil turned 22 like, a month ago. There are aspects of his game that haven’t fully developed, but there’s a lot of upside with him.

Some Rangers fans surely over value him, as would other fan bases if he played for them.

I think he will be a good player and have a solid NHL career, but at the same time I don’t think he’ll be the 2C a lot of us Rangers fans expect of him. I don’t think he has the vision nor creativity to play center. Imo he’s best suited at wing.

I wouldn’t hesitate moving him in the right package. He’s not untouchable, despite what some Rangers fans firmly believe.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Absolute nonsense. Buch is a solid RW. With what the rangers had/have internally, paying him close to 6 mill wasn’t feasible or smart. He also brought back Blais whose game was sorely needed here, and a 2nd in a good draft.
If Blais can keep his injuries in check, he should have a career year here.
Kravtsov wants out. It’s not that NYR wants to trade him. He’ll likely become a good NHL player somewhere. Have to see what the return is.
Andersson was a straight bust. It happens. When you make a top 10 pick, you’re likely looking for more then a 4th liner. We also traded him for a 2nd and drafted Cuylle who will probably turn out to be the better player.
Rangers have had great finds in various rounds of the draft, and along with the Kakko/LaF Loto luck have one of the best stable of young players/prospects in the league

Reactions: bernmeister

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Absolute nonsense. Buch is a solid RW. With what the rangers had/have internally, paying him close to 6 mill wasn’t feasible or smart. He also brought back Blais whose game was sorely needed here, and a 2nd in a good draft.
If Blais can keep his injuries in check, he should have a career year here.
Kravtsov wants out. It’s not that NYR wants to trade him. He’ll likely become a good NHL player somewhere. Have to see what the return is.
Andersson was a straight bust. It happens. When you make a top 10 pick, you’re likely looking for more then a 4th liner. We also traded him for a 2nd and drafted Cuylle who will probably turn out to be the better player.
Rangers have had great finds in various rounds of the draft, and along with the Kakko/LaF Loto luck have one of the best stable of young players/prospects in the league
I totally agree the Ranger have incredible luck, but I also think they are totally wasting it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad