Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Random note from Puckpedia: Riley Sutter is going to be a Group 6 UFA after the season. (Unless signed to an extension of course.)

Have no idea how much that will matter to the Bears. Long ways away, relatively.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Random note from Puckpedia: Riley Sutter is going to be a Group 6 UFA after the season. (Unless signed to an extension of course.)

Have no idea how much that will matter to the Bears. Long ways away, relatively.
I’m sure Bears/Caps will try to resign him. But at this point, he is probably a call-up at best. If he finds a better path to NHL maybe he goes for it. But don’t think that will bother the caps a whole lot. Finding a 14-16F is easy. And that is what he is.

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

This is his 6th year in Hershey. I’m sure the player will want to move on next year if he thinks he has a better shot elsewhere. He’s also on track to reach exempt vet status, barring any injuries this year, so that diminishes his value a little bit if he does return.

My guess would be that he moves on next year unless he’s told he has a strong chance at taking over Dowd’s spot next year.

Makes more sense now

Reactions: DWGie26

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US
This is his 6th year in Hershey. I’m sure the player will want to move on next year if he thinks he has a better shot elsewhere. He’s also on track to reach exempt vet status, barring any injuries this year, so that diminishes his value a little bit if he does return.

My guess would be that he moves on next year unless he’s told he has a strong chance at taking over Dowd’s spot next year.

Makes more sense now
Feels to me like Rybinski would have the inside track on 4C over Sutter. Would you agree or disagree with that?

FWIW, I see a number of Hershey forwards potentially pursuing greener pastures this upcoming offseason including Limoges and Sgarbossa (two-way UFAs) and Vecchione (AHL deal). I also suspect HHA will head back to Europe unless he finds another organization that gets him closer to the NHL.

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Feels to me like Rybinski would have the inside track on 4C over Sutter. Would you agree or disagree with that?

FWIW, I see a number of Hershey forwards potentially pursuing greener pastures this upcoming offseason including Limoges and Sgarbossa (two-way UFAs) and Vecchione (AHL deal). I also suspect HHA will head back to Europe unless he finds another organization that gets him closer to the NHL.
Absolutely. Rybinski’s rise the last 6-8 months can’t be ignored. He’s showed a lot of promise. Love his game.

Limoges and Sgarbossa are AHL guys at this point. It all depends on how they play the rest of the year and whether or not they want to try to pursue some more money overseas.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Absolutely. Rybinski’s rise the last 6-8 months can’t be ignored. He’s showed a lot of promise. Love his game.

Limoges and Sgarbossa are AHL guys at this point. It all depends on how they play the rest of the year and whether or not they want to try to pursue some more money overseas.
Agree with all of this. We had a transition period where there just weren’t a lot of people graduating to the NHL either because the skill was lacking or they couldn’t unseat the incumbent vets. That is changing now but we aren’t going to replace with 25-28 year olds. I think that is part of the rationale in being comfortable letting Beck Malenstyn go at 27.

Frankly, I thought we would be a bit younger in Hershey this year. And we are to some extent because Miro, Rybinski, and Trineyev are early 20’s and on the cusp on NHL. We have college and junior players who look like they can move up the ranks.

Sgarbosa and Vecchione will stay in Hershey as long as we give them contracts. Hershey is a great place to be for those guys. And Sgarbossa got an extended look in NHL last year. McIlrath this year. But a bunch of those other 25-28 year old will likely see writing on the wall.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Veccs seems to have really embraced being a Bear (he invented the Roar, after all), wears a letter, and has been on an AHL deal the past couple years anyway, so I imagine he'll be a Bear as long as he wants to.

Sgarbs has been here forever and has a young family... I imagine he'll be in the same boat as Vecchione, though he's still on an NHL deal this year of course.

Limo has local ties (VA native and Penn State guy) but he's also young enough that he can be making money elsewhere if he wants.

HHA will almost definitely be back in Sweden... I think he would've been this year if not for his coming out party in the playoffs.

I have to imagine this is Shep's last year in Hershey. I'm not sure if he figures into Washington's future plans at all (he's almost 30), but I imagine they'll want to prioritize Stevenson and Gibson (if they decide to keep him around) in Hershey going forward and Shep will probably want a shot somewhere else if not in DC.

Reactions: DWGie26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad