Speculation: Head Coach Hunt 2021 (Press Conference Thursday 7/1 @ 11am))

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
While I didn’t like Rick Tocchet as our head coach, I loved him as a player, and he seems like a great guy. I’m happy this idea of hype and connection being all you need to make it and merit not being a factor seems to have been obliterated this summer based on the Tocchet situation. But I’m not happy that Rick Tocchet is probably feeling pretty down today. He’s rich and he’s popular and he could probably get his pick of AC jobs if he wanted. So I don’t feel TOO bad for him. But it doesn’t feel right to celebrate either.

Jagged Ice

Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Tourigny got the job in Colorado because Patrick Roy admired him as a coaching opponent/QUOTE]
Maybe that's how it started but it didn't end up well. My buddy from Montreal was best friends with Jean-Ian Filiatrault who was a goalie coach with the Avs at the time (now with Rangers) said Roy didn't like Tourigny.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
While I didn’t like Rick Tocchet as our head coach, I loved him as a player, and he seems like a great guy. I’m happy this idea of hype and connection being all you need to make it and merit not being a factor seems to have been obliterated this summer based on the Tocchet situation. But I’m not happy that Rick Tocchet is probably feeling pretty down today. He’s rich and he’s popular and he could probably get his pick of AC jobs if he wanted. So I don’t feel TOO bad for him. But it doesn’t feel right to celebrate either.

I'm not celebrating that Tocchet didn't land a job. I'm celebrating that all of the dipwads in the hockey cognoscenti who were taking a dump all over us fans for having the audacity to question whether Tocchet should stay or not because, goddammit, Rick Tocchet is an Adams-caliber coach who would be snapped up by any of the other 31 teams if he was available are now trying to backtrack and pretend they didn't pump his tires to Gravedigger size.

I'd be thrilled if Tocchet hires on as an assistant somewhere, because it seems like he's genuinely good at connecting with players. But he's also a perfect textbook illustration of the Peter Principle.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Probably a safe bet that it's Tourigny now that the big dogs like LeBrun are chiming in.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I'm not celebrating that Tocchet didn't land a job. I'm celebrating that all of the dipwads in the hockey cognoscenti who were taking a dump all over us fans for having the audacity to question whether Tocchet should stay or not because, goddammit, Rick Tocchet is an Adams-caliber coach who would be snapped up by any of the other 31 teams if he was available are now trying to backtrack and pretend they didn't pump his tires to Gravedigger size.

I'd be thrilled if Tocchet hires on as an assistant somewhere, because it seems like he's genuinely good at connecting with players. But he's also a perfect textbook illustration of the Peter Principle.
I could not agree with you more, my man! :)

Jagged Ice

Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Wait, wait, wait! What's this! Patrick Roy had a strained interpersonal relationship with someone? LOL.
No shit. He's a complete psycho. I was only responding (poor edit, I was rushing) with some inside intel to the relationship with Roy. I'd like to know Tourigny's thoughts on Roy. Ha!

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
No shit. He's a complete psycho. I was only responding (poor edit, I was rushing) with some inside intel to the relationship with Roy. I'd like to know Tourigny's thoughts on Roy. Ha!
Which I appreciate - really. I was trying to make fun of Roy, not you. I noticed that when I read the articles and listened to the podcasts, there weren't any Roy quotes, and that relationship was sort of tip-toed around. Which I think is true for Roy all over the place. So your intel helps connect those dots. I wasn't trying to bust your chops.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Probably a safe bet that it's Tourigny now that the big dogs like LeBrun are chiming in.

Just to add to this, the fact that Tourigny went on Quebec radio and actually confirmed he's talking to the Coyotes is another good sign.

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
Watching some videos of Tourigny he has a very commanding presence. I feel like him with Groulx as an assistant is like the Forum 40 dream team! Only thing I hate is the quebecois making jokes about us having french coaches

Reactions: Baby Doaner

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Huh? It would be odd for a first time HC to pick his own guy, and have it be someone he hasn’t worked with. If it’s a BA pick, then it makes more sense. Seems odd BA would pick a guy for a first time NHL HC that doesn’t have an extensive NHL AC resume. Either way, Bouchard strikes me as out of left field, unless there’s a connection I’m missing. Which is actually the point of my post. To find out if anyone knew of a connection.
Ah, I thought it was more griping.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Ya, I haven't witnessed any celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad