Speculation: Head Coach Hunt 2021 (Press Conference Thursday 7/1 @ 11am))

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't think Tourigny would give up what he has to be an assistant. Groulx would be more likely there.
What's he giving up? Coaching kids? Involved with Team Canada or whatever. We are talking NHL HC'ing job here. I expect he would jump at the chance. Hell, he would even pay for his own plane ticket just to get an interview.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Hmmm…doesn’t seem that way…

Joined by @ 919sports, André Tourigny confirms discussions with the organization of the Coyotes, but adds that for the moment, he has not been named.

André Tourigny would be the new head coach of the Arizona Coyotes.

Why the love for Tourigny? Vs say Nelson? What am I missing?

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Not sure what Bouchard and Tourigny have in common? I don’t see any of the same stops in their career? Is this just to get clicks because Bouchard is affiliated with the Habs organization?

Folks complain about cronyism and then question it, when a possible attempt to avoid it is made?

Reactions: SR

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Why the love for Tourigny? Vs say Nelson? What am I missing?
If you have a subscription to the Athletic, there are several really excellent articles that take really deep dives into answering your question.

If not, I highly recommend listening to this: ‎The Hockey Masterclass: The Hockey Masterclass Episode 27: André Tourigny on Apple Podcasts

It’s a bit long, so I’d recommend 1.25x or 1.5x speed. Which is just enough to make Canadians sound like Americans. Lol.

Reactions: Kaizen and AZviaNJ

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
If you have a subscription to the Athletic, there are several really excellent articles that take really deep dives into answering your question.

If not, I highly recommend listening to this: ‎The Hockey Masterclass: The Hockey Masterclass Episode 27: André Tourigny on Apple Podcasts

It’s a bit long, so I’d recommend 1.25x or 1.5x speed. Which is just enough to make Canadians sound like Americans. Lol.
Thanks….I have an Athletic subscription, will take a look and also listen to the podcast.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Folks complain about cronyism and then question it, when a possible attempt to avoid it is made?
Huh? It would be odd for a first time HC to pick his own guy, and have it be someone he hasn’t worked with. If it’s a BA pick, then it makes more sense. Seems odd BA would pick a guy for a first time NHL HC that doesn’t have an extensive NHL AC resume. Either way, Bouchard strikes me as out of left field, unless there’s a connection I’m missing. Which is actually the point of my post. To find out if anyone knew of a connection.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
What's he giving up? Coaching kids? Involved with Team Canada or whatever. We are talking NHL HC'ing job here. I expect he would jump at the chance. Hell, he would even pay for his own plane ticket just to get an interview.

The biggest thing is the chance to put together the Canadian Olympic team.

That sounds more appealing than assistant coach of the Coyotes.

Head coach, different story.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Hmm, I am getting excited for Tourigny. Could be a great fit so next week we will announce Gretz is coming back to coach

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Playing Devils advocate...

Tournigy hasn't always been successful. His 384-357-20-66 record in the Q doesn't stand out as being that great. 452 win percentage.

Although I have zero knowledge on who was on Rouyn Noranda 15 years ago but he was the GM so that does fall on him as well. Don't know what the Halifax team was like in 2016...

Resigned from the Avs as an assistant to become a HC. Didn't happen, then was signed and fired after 1 season as an assistant with the Sens.

He's had a great 2 year run with the 67s that's been followed up with cushy Team Canada jobs.

Seems like more of a gamble compared to Nelson who has an extensive resume working with pro's.
Rouyn-Noranda Huskies 2006-07 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

no recognizable names.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The biggest thing is the chance to put together the Canadian Olympic team.

That sounds more appealing than assistant coach of the Coyotes.

Head coach, different story.
Who cares about the Canadian Olympic team? Canadians are the only ones. Anything associated with the NHL is multiple times more important than a shitty tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad