Speculation: Head Coach Hunt 2021 (Press Conference Thursday 7/1 @ 11am))

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
This is exciting though. By far our most exciting and most qualified hiring since Tippett in 2009.

Also a real coup by Armstrong to get this done and sell whatever he is selling to make the Coyotes appealing, especially considering Tourigny's situation (I am sure Doan and Tourigny established a pretty good relationship at the Worlds as well).

Hopefully Army can use the same approach to recruit in free agency. Come to Arizona for the program and its vision. Not to chill in Scottsdale and oh ya you play hockey too.

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
So if I am reading everything right, gotta apologize been up almost every night the past 2 months at work. But, looks like we got Tourigny as a head coach and looks like Groulx as an assistant?

bring back Newell Brown and call it a day, huh?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'd say he knows more than at least 99.9% of the posters here and that's being generous to the posters. Having said that, I also don't like the idea of him interviewing. Concerned his lack of hockey experience could put doubt in the minds of coaching candidates. It's one thing for the old man, with the bucks, but the kid is different.
This is BA's hire, not the kid. Junior is there for the experience, and his family owns the Coyotes. I see nothing wrong with it. If the kid puts doubt in the minds of the candidates then they are pretty weak minded and would be the wrong pick as coach.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Since some posters asked how to pronounce Groulx ("Grew"), Tourigny is just without the IG ... Tourny.

Southern France challenges your pronunciation of Tourigny's name. Then again, English has some examples of that. In most American pronunciation, words like "military" and "lavatory" (not that Americans use that word anymore) are four syllables. In UK English, they're three: "milit'ry" and "lavat'ry." Then there's "conservatory" which is the full four syllables in American but "conservat'ry" in the UK as another example.

In the south of France, "Tourigny" is a name with three syllables. In the north of France (particularly Paris) and most of Canada, it's two.

... I think it's bedtime after this post.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Resemble, or resent?
Resemble. The little French I understand has more to do with studying Latin and word origins than anything I learned in school (up to grade 9). As an ESL teacher I came to understand how bad our French language program was. I do resent how poor the education was.

Reactions: Jakey53

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
This is BA's hire, not the kid. Junior is there for the experience, and his family owns the Coyotes. I see nothing wrong with it. If the kid puts doubt in the minds of the candidates then they are pretty weak minded and would be the wrong pick as coach.
Depends on how the kid acts, how much of a say he has.

edit: I think the weak inexperienced coach would convince himself he’d be okay and could handle the distraction (if the kid appears to be one) whereas the experienced coach would simply pass.
Hell the inexperienced coach may not even recognize a problem.

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
If it's mutual, it's like I just took your advice. You'd never have to see another one of my posts.
Win what?
You sure are a odd duck. There is the sun and then waaaay out there is all of us..... you included.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
This is exciting though. By far our most exciting and most qualified hiring since Tippett in 2009.

Also a real coup by Armstrong to get this done and sell whatever he is selling to make the Coyotes appealing, especially considering Tourigny's situation (I am sure Doan and Tourigny established a pretty good relationship at the Worlds as well).

Hopefully Army can use the same approach to recruit in free agency. Come to Arizona for the program and its vision. Not to chill in Scottsdale and oh ya you play hockey too.
He’s not even close to DT level.

Reactions: Jakey53

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
The point would be for you to cease commenting on them. I’m sure you can see the benefit of a mutual ignore.
I refrain from commenting for the most part, trust me I could call you and others out far more frequently.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I refrain from commenting for the most part, trust me I could call you and others out far more frequently.
Well I appreciate that. It sounds like those would be pointless posts that wouldn’t contribute anything. So thanks for refraining. Meanwhile, you just admitted to having issues with my comments. That’s where the mutual ignore comes in. Why wait?

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Well I appreciate that. It sounds like those would be pointless posts that wouldn’t contribute anything. So thanks for refraining. Meanwhile, you just admitted to having issues with my comments. That’s where the mutual ignore comes in. Why wait?
Issues :laugh:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Look dude, you’re fine for the most part, try not to sweat it.
Why don’t you hop into bed, have a good time with the wife and get some sleep instead of carrying on with me? I’m only up because I just finished a game and at 58, I need an epsom soak in the Jacuzzi and that soak is done.
Good night buddy, sleep well and have a wonderful, prosperous day tomorrow!

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
But I’ve also heard it Turn-Knee. And also Turin-knee. But when I hear French people say it, it’s more like yay then like ee.

I'll need to hear Pierre McGuire say it for the definitely correct pronunciation.

Reactions: Mosby

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Southern France challenges your pronunciation of Tourigny's name. Then again, English has some examples of that. In most American pronunciation, words like "military" and "lavatory" (not that Americans use that word anymore) are four syllables. In UK English, they're three: "milit'ry" and "lavat'ry." Then there's "conservatory" which is the full four syllables in American but "conservat'ry" in the UK as another example.

In the south of France, "Tourigny" is a name with three syllables. In the north of France (particularly Paris) and most of Canada, it's two.

... I think it's bedtime after this post.
Pretty sure conservatory is five syllables. I used all the fingers on one hand triple checking. Thumb included.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad