Speculation: Head Coach Hunt 2021 (Press Conference Thursday 7/1 @ 11am))

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Man that would be awesome. Would be so pumped for the baseless Quebec speculation based on that alone. Good for the development of the team and good for the lulz on here.

Tocchet lost out on the job in Seattle due in part to his inability to keep his mouth shut and not play media games. Ron Francis came out and strongly praised Hakstol's ability to keep things quiet. Hopefully BA isn't too annoyed by the french media circus.

I also don't like AM Jr having say over hockey ops. That's a landmine you don't need in your living room.

Reactions: Kaizen

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Tocchet lost out on the job in Seattle due in part to his inability to keep his mouth shut and not play media games. Ron Francis came out and strongly praised Hakstol's ability to keep things quiet. Hopefully BA isn't too annoyed by the french media circus.

I also don't like AM Jr having say over hockey ops. That's a landmine you don't need in your living room.
He knows more about business than you and I combined, and I doubt if the buck stops with him anyways.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He’s talking about the son, not the owner.
Same here. The kid has been around his dad for years watching and learning, and he continues that learning experience here. He won't have final say.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Same here. The kid has been around his dad for years watching and learning, and he continues that learning experience here. He won't have final say.
I'd say he knows more than at least 99.9% of the posters here and that's being generous to the posters. Having said that, I also don't like the idea of him interviewing. Concerned his lack of hockey experience could put doubt in the minds of coaching candidates. It's one thing for the old man, with the bucks, but the kid is different.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Google translate:

Live at @ hockey360 in a few moments we are talking about the potential hiring of Andre Tourigny by the #Arizona #Coyotes #RDS

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
The Muruelo Jr. interview should be a cakewalk. Can’t imagine he’s difficult to impress. That’s Thursday. So do they announce that day? Maybe Friday but then it gets buried going into your long weekend.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
The Muruelo Jr. interview should be a cakewalk. Can’t imagine he’s difficult to impress. That’s Thursday. So do they announce that day? Maybe Friday but then it gets buried going into your long weekend.
Can you imagine Bill saying, "yeah that's my guy" and Jr vetoing the hire? I wonder what kind of actual power/influence he even has.

Reactions: KG and Mosby

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Those are some pretty "can't walk back" quotes in the Ottawa paper. So this is happening.

As for Groulx (if that's happening) I am a little surprised he would accept becoming an AC. I'm sure he's had offers in the past. The bond with Tourigny must be really tight. Especially if he interviewed for the HC job himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad