TV: HBO's The Night Of

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
There is definitely not a second season. As of yet.

In July 2016, Steven Zaillian commented about the possibility of a second season: "We're thinking about it and if we come up with something we all feel is worthy of doing, we'll do it. This was designed as a stand-alone piece. That being said, there are ways of certainly kind of taking what it feels like and what it's about and doing another season on another subject."

I don't need a second season of Nas, but I'm not sure a True Detective-style anthology thing would work either. But it was well made and acted, even if it suffered from writing and pacing problems toward the end, so I might give it a shot in the dead of summer with not much else on.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I thought it was obvious the cat is what actually cured his skin problem because he had something to love and love him back and it destressed him. I mean it was deeper than that, but I'm at work and can't really explain what I mean right now.

Can anyone find the financial advisor on IMDB. I couldn't last night and that seems like a crappy way to hide one of the red-herrings in this series to me.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I thought it was obvious the cat is what actually cured his skin problem because he had something to love and love him back and it destressed him. I mean it was deeper than that, but I'm at work and can't really explain what I mean right now.

He was getting flare-ups again and went back to the Chinese herbalist, who in turn told him to get rid of his cat. That is why he went back to the kill-shelter. He didn't want to initially but he was clearly being negatively affected by the cat being there.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
He was getting flare-ups again and went back to the Chinese herbalist, who in turn told him to get rid of his cat. That is why he went back to the kill-shelter. He didn't want to initially but he was clearly being negatively affected by the cat being there.

That's what he thought. The doctor asked have you been under any stress and threw that stuff away. It was right after he got rid of the cat. Think what you want. I think that was a big part of why the cat was in the show to begin with and why it closed with the cat.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
That's what he thought. The doctor asked have you been under any stress and threw that stuff away. It was right after he got rid of the cat. Think what you want. I think that was a big part of why the cat was in the show to begin with and why it closed with the cat.

What about the night the cat slept next to him and he woke up wheezing like crazy?

The cat was simply a parallel to Nas.

In the finale, when Stone told Chandra that Nas had a 0% chance, he brought the cat back. Then, Stone gets Nas off the hook with his closing statements, and the cat is back in his apartment. From the brink, to being saved.

Another parallel is that I believe every time they showed Stone bringing the Cat to the kill shelter, there were only dogs there. A cat among dogs. An not-guilty among guilty.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I have mixed feelings on the finale. The Chandra story line didn't work for me. It just seemed like a reach. With all the time the show took on the other details and relationships that one seemed to come out of no where and seemed forced and unbelievable.

Didn't see anyone mention it, but on the security cam of Chandra/Nas it had a Feb date, so Nas was in prison for about 4 months. Clears that up at least.

All in all a good show that started of great but sort of faded towards the end.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

Can anyone find the financial advisor on IMDB. I couldn't last night and that seems like a crappy way to hide one of the red-herrings in this series to me.

He's on there. Just listed as "Actor... Two Episodes" but a number of them aren't listed by who they played just how many episodes.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
IMDB is not official, anyway. Anyone can submit cast lists. It happens every year where so and so is listed on IMDB in a Game of Thrones episode and they never show.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
What about the night the cat slept next to him and he woke up wheezing like crazy?

The cat was simply a parallel to Nas.

In the finale, when Stone told Chandra that Nas had a 0% chance, he brought the cat back. Then, Stone gets Nas off the hook with his closing statements, and the cat is back in his apartment. From the brink, to being saved.

Another parallel is that I believe every time they showed Stone bringing the Cat to the kill shelter, there were only dogs there. A cat among dogs. An not-guilty among guilty.

There are many parallels, which I said without getting deeper. He obviously had an allergy to the cat. It was outweighed by the other things the cat brought. And to me, it's obvious that his allergy to the cat was far less than the allergy that caused his skin outbreaks and in fact the cat helped cure.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Well my initial thoughts were that the financial advisor did it, but the show made me lean towards the step-dad. Shoulda stuck with my initial thoughts.

Overall, a good finale for me. Even though they didn't catch the killer, they 'got the right guy' at the end.

For a minute I thought Nas was going to be found guilty, but i'm glad the prosecutor's conscience finally got to her, and she declined prosecution on the retrial. Justice was done with that.

Glad Nas had that "Sure, mom" moment. She should feel guilty as **** for not having a little more faith in her son.

Feel kinda bad but not really for Chandra. She let her personal feelings screw her up and lose her job, and I'm not really that sympathetic with her. Stone was right.

Glad Stone closed it out strong for the defense. Saved Nas' life with getting the jury into deadlock. And I was very satisfied seeing the cat walk past as he left his apartment. Another bit of justice served.

Like Led said, there's a parallel to the cat and Nas, in my opinion as well.

A fantastic summer show overall. Best one for me hands down.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
There are many parallels, which I said without getting deeper. He obviously had an allergy to the cat. It was outweighed by the other things the cat brought. And to me, it's obvious that his allergy to the cat was far less than the allergy that caused his skin outbreaks and in fact the cat helped cure.

I think you are overthinking the medicinal benefits of the cat. :laugh:

He had the major outbreak because he started taking a ton of the medicine given by the herbalist, coupled with the immense stress due to having to actually write a closing statement for a case out of his league. It wasn't because he gave the cat away.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
No kidding

At least she went after the right guy when all was said and done.

Is it the right guy? He's just one more possibility.

As far as Stone his outbreak was due to stress, then he ingested a bunch of the herbal stuff without mixing it leading to a bad allergic reaction. Cat was a stress reduction for him as most pets are. He didn't get really bad until he knew he had to give the closing argument. Stone was not comfortable being on stage, especially with an outbreak. It was almost uncomfortable watching him at 1st.

oh and we did get an objection from a witness on the stand. lol. I thought that part was funny. At no point is the lack of blood on Nas brought up. The possible blood found by Kats is not referred to either.

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Justice would have been the DA being charged with prosecutorial misconduct and disbarred.

For what, not following up on a lead with less evidence than the one she was prosecuting. For everything Box did, there was no smoking gun. Nothing to tie the accountant to the scene of the crime yet, just motive.

The step father had motive as well.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Is it the right guy? He's just one more possibility.

As far as Stone his outbreak was due to stress, then he ingested a bunch of the herbal stuff without mixing it leading to a bad allergic reaction. Cat was a stress reduction for him as most pets are. He didn't get really bad until he knew he had to give the closing argument. Stone was not comfortable being on stage, especially with an outbreak. It was almost uncomfortable watching him at 1st.

oh and we did get an objection from a witness on the stand. lol. I thought that part was funny. At no point is the lack of blood on Nas brought up. The possible blood found by Kats is not referred to either.

Pretty sure the financial advisor did it, and Box got it right this time. That's why the DA wanted to get Box to go after him.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
For what, not following up on a lead with less evidence than the one she was prosecuting. For everything Box did, there was no smoking gun. Nothing to tie the accountant to the scene of the crime yet, just motive.

The step father had motive as well.

I remember Box telling him about semen on the bed, and also pings from his cellphone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad