Hanifin Or Marner?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
i friggin love hanifin...hes big and long, will only get stronger...and he moves as good as any big dman, moves just as well as rielly...his vision and passing is underrated and hes got a big shot...but its his skating with that size that can make him special and get him in the nhl right away

Hanifin is going to be special. The only problem is I don't see how Arizona will pass on him. On the bright side, Marner is also something else.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
i friggin love hanifin...hes big and long, will only get stronger...and he moves as good as any big dman, moves just as well as rielly...his vision and passing is underrated and hes got a big shot...but its his skating with that size that can make him special and get him in the nhl right away

You have to be insane not to take Hanifin at 4 if there. I am talking crazy brain insane. Marner or Strome is the toughy.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
You have to be insane not to take Hanifin at 4 if there. I am talking crazy brain insane. Marner or Strome is the toughy.

Don't make it so black and white when you haven't scouted all three players heavily and have made false predictions in the past please.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Don't make it so black and white when you haven't scouted all three players heavily and have made false predictions in the past please.

Hanifin is the sure thing. The real deal, maybe I get things wrong but I am right way more often.

Anyways consensus is Hanifin 3rd so by not choosing him at 4 you're really going against the grain.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Hanifin is the sure thing. The real deal, maybe I get things wrong but I am right way more often.

Anyways consensus is Hanifin 3rd so by not choosing him at 4 you're really going against the grain.

You've watched them all play? Games.

I haven't watched any ncaa, hanifin or anyone so probably why I'm not confident....and you are?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You've watched them all play? Games.

I haven't watched any ncaa, hanifin or anyone so probably why I'm not confident....and you are?

It's Hanifin man of course I am confident. He is the Eichel of Dmen. Our very own Ekblad how can you not say yes to that? I mean it's that or scrawny little Grabovski..Marner. Strome is a good second choice. Marner is a speedy little reckless dangler waiting for his head to get knocked off.

Add. Flip years and I would take Nylander over Marner 10/10.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
It's Hanifin man of course I am confident. He is the Eichel of Dmen. Our very own Ekblad how can you not say yes to that? I mean it's that or scrawny little Grabovski..Marner. Strome is a good second choice. Marner is a speedy little reckless dangler waiting for his head to get knocked off.

Doc-Rivers.gif

leafers

Oct 2, 2006

What part of his game makes you so confident?

91Kadri91*

It's going to be fun to bring up these two posts in a few years.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
I don't know...Looking at Tampa with Kucherov, Johnson tearing it up...I think we need to draft a glut of skilled forwards. If we acquired Marner at 4 and Sprong at 24. That's a good day at the draft table for us.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON

Bahaha. Bookmarked for later. :laugh:

leafsrock67

Tank Nation Member
Mar 25, 2014

Just quoting this so I can find your comments in a few years.

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
Haven't seen too much of either but the thought of a Rielly-Hanifin pairing for the next decade is pretty exciting.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Marner has 1st overall talent.
So does Hanifin as does Strome.

If we took Hanifin 4th. Would you trade Rielly for the 5th to take Marner?
I'd keep Reilly even though Hanifin will likely displace him as a #1D. For one, he's just as much as a dynamic skater and he's really a natural when it comes to moving the puck. Intelligence is his game and he's all the tools to be really special.

As for Marner, I would try acquiring him but we'll likely only going to have a chance at one of them IMO.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
So does Hanifin as does Strome.

I'd keep Reilly even though Hanifin will likely displace him as a #1D. For one, he's just as much as a dynamic skater and he's really a natural when it comes to moving the puck. Intelligence is his game and he's all the tools to be really special.

As for Marner, I would try acquiring him but we'll likely only going to have a chance at one of them IMO.

I edited that post to expand and allow other options 1for1 for Marner. The idea is to guage how confident you or anyone are with the exchange.

See where I sit. I would trade just about anyone on our team 1for1 for Hanifin but if you say Marner... I really don't know if I can say the same.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Probably any of them.

See for me it's not like that. In a 1for1 scenario I would say.

Kessel would return a top 10 and top prospect. I like my odds of getting 2 good players better.

Nylander I had rated around 3 last year and I honestly think he is so close but his AHL performance makes me keep him.

Kadri I would trade for Marner likely.

Rielly I would not because I saw him do some special things vs men at the end of last season.

JVR likely nets you a top 10 and prospect like Kessel and so I would like my odds better at getting 2 good players.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
No they covered that as well.

It is accepted the Ducks are in a different area code than the Flames.

Mind you the west seems to play a heavier game.

And don't forget two key pieces of the Flames are Hudler and Gaudreau.

It's pointless to compare an experienced / established team against a upcoming team with youth and players that have just started their careers

Why people forget that both Perry and Getzlaf were drafted in 2003 and playing together for number of years

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
See for me it's not like that. In a 1for1 scenario I would say.

Kessel would return a top 10 and top prospect. I like my odds of getting 2 good players better.

Nylander I had rated around 3 last year and I honestly think he is so close but his AHL performance makes me keep him.

Kadri I would trade for Marner likely.

Rielly I would not because I saw him do some special things vs men at the end of last season.

JVR likely nets you a top 10 and prospect like Kessel and so I would like my odds better at getting 2 good players.
I think Marner has that franchise potential. Someone as defensively responsible as ROR but far more explosive offensively. He's quite physical as well.

We could build a team around him.

Unfortunately, 1-to-1 trades don't ever happen. If Marner is selected by another team, he's not going to be traded.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
McKenzie: "Coyotes very high on Strome"

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/mckenzie-coyotes-very-high-on-strome-1.294169

Agreed... I started this thread right after the lottery...That was my first thought and I still think they take him...Hence the Marner or Hanifin question for Leafs fans.

That's great news. I want Hanifin in a major way. This guy is going to be our captain in a few years. Then we need to find a legit first line center with our pick at 24, just in case we don't get Stamkos. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad