Hanifin Or Marner?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Mhmm. I wouldn't be disappointed with Strome, but I think Marner's just got that extra gear.

Though Strome would probably look awesome in the future with Nylander.

Nooooo now I'm reconsidering AGAIN
Strome is a dominant centre. There is a reason why he is being considered in Arizona. To simply gauge him via points or a playoff run is too simplistic.

I think he is the type of centre who will further develop and round up his game in an additional year. He's the Tavares-type. You underrate them until they break out. Once that happens, everyone wants them.

While, I do like Marner over him. The edge is minor. It has more to do with style. He has a Gilmour-like playing style. I doubt he will have the natural talent of Patrick Kane, though. That winger is a defensively-horrid, largely-perimeter winger who can effortlessly produce. Sort of like Kessel. If Marner possessed that kind of talent, he'd be generational.

13ones

Apr 17, 2015
My head says you take Hanifin. D take longer to develop and we are at the start of the rebuild. BUT my heart says Marner. If he can grow a couple of inches, we have a 6' something, gritty, defensively responsible C with elite offense...those kinds of players don't come around often.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Take Hanifin and be happy that you have a reliable partner for Rielly for the next 15 years. Of course if we take Marner I won't be angry either, just no Strome imo

Out of curiosity, why would you pair them together rather than let them each anchor their own pairing and be able to have at least one of them on the ice for about 48-50 minutes a game?

finnbalor*

Leafs have been a failure for years for trying to build a team through the wing so with a historically important draft pick they choose a winger in Marner or a blueliner?

Keep making the same mistakes, Hunter takes Marner for the failed rebuild.

Bluejaysfan*

Out of curiosity, why would you pair them together rather than let them each anchor their own pairing and be able to have at least one of them on the ice for about 48-50 minutes a game?

Why do the Hawks pair Keith and Seabrook together instead of letting them anchor their own pairings?

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Hanafin is my preference. But I trust Hunter and co. to make the right choice. If we end up with Strome, Barzal, or Crouse, I'll trust them.

13ones

Apr 17, 2015
Leafs have been a failure for years for trying to build a team through the wing so with a historically important draft pick they choose a winger in Marner or a blueliner?

Keep making the same mistakes, Hunter takes Marner for the failed rebuild.

Why do you think Marner is a winger? Other than about 2/3 of last season, he has always been a C. He played very well as a C in the latter part of the season and into the playoffs.

If Hunter sees him as a winger then to me Marner is not even in the conversation of who to pick.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I'm honestly starting to feel more sure about the players going 6-10 than the ones going 3-5.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
If yotes take strome at 3 do you think we call Carolina and ask them if they will take kessel for 5th OA so we can land both marner and hanifin

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
As a Coyotes fan, our incompetent management will **** the pick up and take hannifin. Congrats on Marner/Strome

I wouldn't exactly call it a "**** up" if they drafted Hanifin. He's by far the best D man in this years draft, i'm hoping the yotes pass up on him so we can snatch him. Kid's gonna be a star

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
If yotes take strome at 3 do you think we call Carolina and ask them if they will take kessel for 5th OA so we can land both marner and hanifin

To be completely honest i think Kessel for 5OA is a rip off for us. I know he had a bad year this past season, but it's one bad season, which was still mediocre. He's proven himself as a PPG guy each of the previous 3 years, a proven 35+ goal scorer, which he managed to do with very little support. He isn't as strong defensively but he's still an elite talent on the offensive end. I'd like to see a little more return for Kessel than just one high end prospect. People talk a lot about his contract as well, with Babcock coaching he will live up to it. I don't expect Kessel to be traded until were part way through next season. I wouldn't want him on the team come training camp, but i think it's what's necessary at this point. Let him rebuild his value, then move him. There's no rush. So to answer no i don't think we call Carolina

Swayze*

To be completely honest i think Kessel for 5OA is a rip off for us. I know he had a bad year this past season, but it's one bad season, which was still mediocre. He's proven himself as a PPG guy each of the previous 3 years, a proven 35+ goal scorer, which he managed to do with very little support. He isn't as strong defensively but he's still an elite talent on the offensive end. I'd like to see a little more return for Kessel than just one high end prospect. People talk a lot about his contract as well, with Babcock coaching he will live up to it. I don't expect Kessel to be traded until were part way through next season. I wouldn't want him on the team come training camp, but i think it's what's necessary at this point. Let him rebuild his value, then move him. There's no rush. So to answer no i don't think we call Carolina

don't worry no team will their 5th for him anyhow

Jul 10, 2003
KW

Together on the powerplay then separate pairings 5 on 5.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
To be completely honest i think Kessel for 5OA is a rip off for us. I know he had a bad year this past season, but it's one bad season, which was still mediocre. He's proven himself as a PPG guy each of the previous 3 years, a proven 35+ goal scorer, which he managed to do with very little support.

He isn't as strong defensively but he's still an elite talent on the offensive end. I'd like to see a little more return for Kessel than just one high end prospect. People talk a lot about his contract as well, with Babcock coaching he will live up to it.

I don't expect Kessel to be traded until were part way through next season. I wouldn't want him on the team come training camp, but i think it's what's necessary at this point. Let him rebuild his value, then move him. There's no rush. So to answer no i don't think we call Carolina

But he isn't 22 years old, he'll be 28 when the season starts.

He is in his prime and making good coin.

He isn't worth Eichel.

So now you have Strome, Marner and Hanifin ranked 3-5 in some order.

I'd say he worth 1 on those to the right team.

If you think he gets more, perhaps but we aren't talking 2 * 1st. and a 2nd. today.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I don't think Marner makes sense. He's in the mold of a Nylander, Kadri but possibly better. We need either size up the middle (Strome) or an elite defensemen because that's how you win (Hanifin)

I'm very happy we have the 4th pick so we are assured either of those 2 players.

I would not lose sleep with the leafs taking Hanifin over Strome/Marner.

This isn't luke Schenn

Hanifin and rielly are both the best defensmen in there respective drafts. building with those is a recipe for success. They can't mess up having those guys control the game for 50 minutes a night... They could litterally both play Suter type minutes in the future. Think about it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad