Hanifin Or Marner?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I just hope we don`t take Strome. I don`t care which of Marner or Hanifin we take as long as it`s one of them.

Strome doesn`t seem like the kind of player that drives play or has a ton of desire.

I don't think you can get a 100+ point season in the OHL without desire or drive....

JMilne*

There's no start/stop to this "rebuild" you speak of. It's about collecting great young players, which happened to happen last year and in 2012 with Rielly.

They're probably going to end up being the best players on our team in 5 years, so we've already been rebuilding. Hanifin isn't going to get picked by the Leafs. It's Marner or Strome.

you make so much sense, i wanted Strome but i really think i want Marner , i just didnt want him because of his size , hes tiny , BUT hes only 17 he can still grow an inch or 2 and Put on some pounds

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Guys, it's Hanifin. H A N I F I N. It's really not that hard to spell.

It's not like his name is KRASNOSLOBODTSEV like one of Kazahstan's player in the Div.IA World Championship.

Falon

May 21, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
The Coyotes will draft Strome, the Leafs then take Hanifin, and get on the phone with Edmonton to talk about Reilly for Drasaitl or Nugent Hopkins.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
The Coyotes will draft Strome, the Leafs then take Hanifin, and get on the phone with Edmonton to talk about Reilly for Drasaitl or Nugent Hopkins.

I doubt that. Id guess Rielly is one of managements favourite pieces in the organization. He's smart, very good raw skillset, and has an incredible off-ice work ethic. He's a guy you bet on to become a pretty good player.

We need multiple high calibre dmen. Its pretty tough to get by with just one.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Guys, it's Hanifin. H A N I F I N. It's really not that hard to spell.

It's not like his name is KRASNOSLOBODTSEV like one of Kazahstan's player in the Div.IA World Championship.
I'd suggest getting over the spelling errors. We are years out from Rielly being drafted and people still don't get it right. You can space it out and bold it however you want, but it's still going to be misspelled.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004

Dion + Bernier/Reimer yes, Rielly, not so much

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
This draft is a top 4 in my opinion, I'll be happy with Hanifin/Strome and a little disappointed with Marner.

Hunters Rule

Feb 6, 2015
This draft is a top 4 in my opinion, I'll be happy with Hanifin/Strome and a little disappointed with Marner.

His hockey skill and is higher than both, its just that at 5"11 he is a little smaller ... but he plays bigger than most know... BPA. you make that pick every time.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008

Or they could just keep Rielly and Hanifin and hope they finally have a couple defensemen to build around. Finally.

I'd be happy with Marner or Hanifin, but in the scenario where the Coyotes take Strome, I think I'd pick Hanifin.

I know there would be a backlash that we took an American over an Ontario boy (for whatever reason), but so be it.

Like I said though, I'd be perfectly happy with Marner too. I think if the Yotes pass on Strome, Toronto takes him.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
His hockey skill and is higher than both, its just that at 5"11 he is a little smaller ... but he plays bigger than most know... BPA. you make that pick every time.

Everyone can keep yelling that Marner is "BPA!" until they're blue in the face, it doesn't make it true. Drafting is about projecting who will be the best player in the NHL, not observing who can put up the most points in junior leagues as an 18 year old.

Nic Petan
71-46-74-120
Drafted #43 overall in 2013

Bo Horvat
67-33-28-61
Drafted #7 overall in 2013

Jordan Weal
72-35-67-102
Drafted #70 overall in 2010

Ryan Johansen
71-25-44-69
Drafted #4 overall in 2010

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

He will have a better career than Strome, no doubt.
It's about projecting who is the best player going forward not how big they are in junior.

No doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad