Post-Game Talk: Habs score 3 unanswered to defeat the Fish and Penguins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He doesn't fit the age of the core. Would be better to continue building through the draft for one more year. Most importantly, it's crucial to sell high.
He just turned 28 this month.

His game doesn't rely on speed but he's so savvy. I don't think his play will be affected by his age in the next 3-4 years.

You always need good vets like him, especially with his flair for the net.

Let's see how he holds up the rest of the season.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No to keeping Monahan. He's a trading chip and you cash in on that now. The man has had ten thousand surgeries, you'd be giving up on a concrete asset now for something that's likely to end up looking like Gallagher with one more major surgery.

Also, I know we are rebuilding and most of us want to lose as much as possible for the best Bedard lottery chances but the truth is, you're going to win games, we aren't going 0-82. The most important thing is, when we do win games, we want it to be on the backs of the youth.

We scored 3 goals.
Guhle had 2 assists.
Suzuki scored 1.
Caufield scored 1.
Dach scored 1.

That's the type of win you take in a rebuild. It's different if it was Hoffman, Drouin and Gallagher scoring.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
He doesn't fit the age of the core. Would be better to continue building through the draft for one more year. Most importantly, it's crucial to sell high.
I understand but he's only 28 and the kids need some mentoring. I'd rather they learn from Money than Gallagher/Drouin/Hoffman!

In 3 years he'll be 31. Between a 31 yo Monahan and a 36 yo Malhotra/Hapern/else on 4th line?

But yeah, it'll be heart wrenching to give up a 1st at tdl but i don't feel we'll be rebuilding for 5 years.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He's still quite young, big body and breaks plays well. I feel he'll only get better on outlet pass the more he plays.
Pretty stable for a guy who had only 4 NHL games under his belt to start the season.

Give this guy a full NHL season and we may just have a keeper next season.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I may be biased because I love Xhekaj and I don't profess to be an advanced stats expert but, based on the stats from the last 2 games, Xhekaj was much better defensively than Kovacevic, Harris, and Savard. Other than the stupid penalties, I thought he was quite good. Am I reading the chart wrong? Serious question.

He was last game our best D in advanced stats, but Harris & Kovacevic were both strong defensively too. Both were on the positive side.

Haven't seen tonight's stats.

It's an interesting problem to have.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Was watching the hightlights hearing the terrible SN PBP guy that we used to be stuck with. Don't tell me the Habs have left TSN again for SN.

No. TSN still has regional rights, because of Pens this was a National games in States (ESPN), so I guess SN decided to keep this one as well probably for Crosby.

Reactions: Kimota

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
He just turned 28 this month.

His game doesn't rely on speed but he's so savvy. I don't think his play will be affected by his age in the next 3-4 years.

You always need good vets like him, especially with his flair for the net.

Let's see how he holds up the rest of the season.
i just remember how good Perry was when with the Habs, especially during the playoffs run

Reactions: NewDef

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
He was last game our best D in advanced stats, but Harris & Kovacevic were both strong defensively too. Both were on the positive side.

Haven't seen tonight's stats.

It's an interesting problem to have.
1666062378692.png

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Guhle was an absolute monster tonight.

Not surprised Harris - Kovacevic struggled. They got Malkin & he scored twice.

I mean, I'm ok with this because each game a kid is stepping up. Last game, Xhekaj. This game Guhle.

As long as it's the young players pulling the cart, the build is going fine, and that's exactly what's happened in the 2 games we won.

Gallagher is still good defensively, but an absolute black hole offensively, I see. That doesn't seem to change.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
i hope it's ti-6al-4v eli
Also, never underestimate the bank of knowledge on this forum. Aluminum and Vanadium must be part of the ingredients, in that case.

6AL-4V Eli is an alloyed Grade of Titanium. It is strengthened by the inclusion of roughly 6% Aluminum and 4% Vanadium. Titanium 6AL-4V Eli (Extra-Low Interstitial) is considered a higher purity than 6AL-4V Grade 5 due to its lower inclusions of Iron, and the interstitial elements, Carbon and Oxygen.

Also relevant:

Ti-6Al4V-ELI (Extra Low Interstitial) is suitable for use in the biomedical and medical fields as well as for a wide range of industrial applications.

:oops:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I may be biased because I love Xhekaj and I don't profess to be an advanced stats expert but, based on the stats from the last 2 games, Xhekaj was much better defensively than Kovacevic, Harris, and Savard. Other than the stupid penalties, I thought he was quite good. Am I reading the chart wrong? Serious question.
I suppose that MSL puts him against bottom lines, so he won't face the best players

Reactions: Habano

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I'd like another first rounder as much as most of us in here.

However, if Monahan proves that he can stay healthy all year, and is willing to sign an extension that the Habs can fit in their salary structure, why would we not do it?
That's how I see it too. He is still a good player with great hands and shot while fitting with the emerging identity of a heavy, skilled team and bringing vet experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad