Post-Game Talk: Habs score 3 unanswered to defeat the Fish and Penguins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Well, that was fun. Feels better to win against the Pens than the yotes!

The young defensemen must've been pinching themselves after their first game against Crosby/Malkin/Letang! These guys were Elite while most our def was still playing Atome/Peewee and dreaming of this moment. Sheesh...

Good evening guys.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Also, never underestimate the bank of knowledge on this forum. Aluminum and Vanadium must be part of the ingredients, in that case.

6AL-4V Eli is an alloyed Grade of Titanium. It is strengthened by the inclusion of roughly 6% Aluminum and 4% Vanadium. Titanium 6AL-4V Eli (Extra-Low Interstitial) is considered a higher purity than 6AL-4V Grade 5 due to its lower inclusions of Iron, and the interstitial elements, Carbon and Oxygen.

Also relevant:

Ti-6Al4V-ELI (Extra Low Interstitial) is suitable for use in the biomedical and medical fields as well as for a wide range of industrial applications.

:oops:
I knew that….😵‍💫

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Just got back from that game. A couple of things to note. The trappings around the game are much improved. The anthem singer Brittany Kennel was decent. Tim Hortons wasn't open FFS. Never talk about the only decent pricing in the place on social media (my Bad). Suzuki was terrible until he wasn't :laugh:
His play reinforces what I said two years ago the guy will be a PPG player because he can put up points coming out of nowhere. But the most impressive thing for me was KAIDEN GUHLE. Seeing him live for the first time was fantastic. Rapala was right put him on the PP you dumb :dunce:'s. Tape to tape passes long strides long stick calm an efficient zone exits the dude is a veritable number 1. Makes mistakes but has that happy facility of fixing most of his errors himself. Oh and I liked Slafs game with Evans I thought for sure he was going to get his first.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Man, you guys are rough on him.

He did get us prime Vanek in the middle of PPG season and he just didn't put the effort in the playoffs for whatever reason and the fans even didn't want him to stay.

He got us Radulov from the KHL and he was our best player in the playoffs that year. You can go ahead and blame him for not being able to keep him, and he was great for a few years after, but he did just put up only 22pts in the last year of that 6.25m contract.

He got Tatar as a side piece in the Pacioretty deal, who while it ended ugly was almost a PPG player for a period.

He got Toffoli on a bargain contract who was another almost PPG player that we got assets for.

He got Petry himself when he was a nobody and he put up 4 straight 40 points seasons.

Dach is also an asset we got from giving up big in Romanov, which was a Berg drafty. If you're gonna give new management credit for Dach, then give Berg credit for Suzuki.
He handed off a losing team, he ground the Habs into the ground. He sucked, the end.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just got back from that game. A couple of things to note. The trappings around the game are much improved. The anthem singer Brittany Kennel was decent. Tim Hortons wasn't open FFS. Never talk about the only decent pricing in the place on social media (my Bad). Suzuki was terrible until he wasn't :laugh:
His play reinforces what I said two years ago the guy will be a PPG player because he can put up points coming out of nowhere. But the most impressive thing for me was KAIDEN GUHLE. Seeing him live for the first time was fantastic. Rapala was right put him on the PP you dumb :dunce:'s. Tape to tape passes long strides long stick calm an efficient zone exits the dude is a veritable number 1. Makes mistakes but has that happy facility of fixing most of his errors himself. Oh and I liked Slafs game with Evans I thought for sure he was going to get his first.
Rapala addressing us in the third person. Love it! :laugh:

Think of all the top of the line fishing lures you could have acquired instead of giving Geoffy a big, fat lump of cash in Bell Ad Bombardment Centre.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
I’m a big fan of Harris. I think there’s some untapped offense in there. If I’m right he could be a solid 2 or a 3 imo.
Yessir. Liked what I saw from Harris again, tonight. Man oh man the rebuild is taking shape in so many ways and so fast. There was so much good going on out there…amazing.

Habs had a lot of youthful jump. Pens did not.

I want that high pick sooo bad. Adding a Top 5er to this mix would be insanely exciting.

Sure seems like a unified group that enjoy putting in the work and have each other’s back.

Smh in joyful shock!

Reactions: Redux91

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Where were you sitting? Was there too.

Gotta say the game felt dead most of the game.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Wow what a game!! They need to play like this on the road!

Guhle is the future number 1 D of this team, I also think he has untapped offensive potential. He's not Makar, Fox or Josi, be moves the puck efficiently enough and is gonna be a stud defensively.
Coming from the game live there is no future about it. He's our number 1 right NOW. I remember saylng last year in camp he was already better than half our D.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Where were you sitting? Was there too.

Gotta say the game felt dead most of the game.
Because it was. Zero emotion on either side until halfway through the third. Penguins thought it would be a calk walk.
Was in section 323 which is halfway between the opposition blue line and goal. Usually a lot of play at the other end. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
He handed off a losing team, he ground the Habs into the ground. He sucked, the end.
Yeah if he left after the 2021 playoff run, he could've at least been remembered not too negatively but that 2021 offseason was hot garbage. Thank goodness for the retool in 2018-20

Apr 28, 2010
Guhle was an absolute monster tonight.

Not surprised Harris - Kovacevic struggled. They got Malkin & he scored twice.

I mean, I'm ok with this because each game a kid is stepping up. Last game, Xhekaj. This game Guhle.

As long as it's the young players pulling the cart, the build is going fine, and that's exactly what's happened in the 2 games we won.

Gallagher is still good defensively, but an absolute black hole offensively, I see. That doesn't seem to change.
If only we still have Tatar instead of Hoffman. Tatar seems to know how to play with Gally then Evans replacing Danault.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The OT goal. (Gotta watch a commercial first)

But … but … you could have used a third party commercial-free replay without encouraging that money-grubbing Habs Twitter link! :naughty:

Take this ad-free ice level gem of a replay, that puts us right in the middle of the action with Moneyhands:

Or this other ad-free higher angle replay:

I’m all for the Habs making money.

Just not off of us!

Ajhccwrs

Jun 17, 2017
Any body else getting concerned that we may be a bubble team instead of a bottom 5?

Money Hands and Dach Ghule, Harris are passing with flying colors.

Along with Goalfield and Suzy.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why did Dach have to be associated with that blob of a Kirby cartoon character.

Dach is anything but pudgy — he’s this lanky octopus, lol.

But, here goes …

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad