Post-Game Talk: Habs score 3 unanswered to defeat the Fish and Penguins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We spent a lot of the early posts in the GDT, arguing about the lack of a QB option on the PP.

Can Ghule fill that role pending a better option to be added by management?

Mathias Brunet says that Marty has already begun that transition to Guhle, on the 2nd PP wave, where he replaced Drouin on the point.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pretty nifty tribute video the Habs put together for Petry, which the fans cheered:

But, as Mapper added, fans still booed Petry throughout the game, whenever he touched the puck.

Meantime, Poehling’s tribute is, understandably, a shot of him with a caption.

Last edited:

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Guhle already the #1 dman on this team. They have given this team to the kids, Suzuki, Caufield, Guhle, Dach, etc... and they are running with it.
Yup there’s no need to rush Slaf since we already have such a prominent youth movement. On the other hand I think if we count this as Slaf’s red shirt year this season being around the team can’t be all bad. He still needs to learn to be a big time producer — dunno when/where that’ll happen.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
That pass by Drouin is why so many of us hate him a lot more than others because he has the skill to be a really good player, but more often than not is not interested.
I really don't think he's not interested, the problem with that kind of pass is that they work once in 10 attempts...

But he's going for them all the time... Generating turnovers most of the time.

Reactions: BLONG7

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Not a fan of MB either but this needs to stop. He still got us a captain, caufield, guhle
Keep in mind the low knowledge of posters this stuff comes from.
Even without his goal, that was the best game I've seen Caufield play as a Hab. Those first 2 periods were just an incredible display of skill and speed.
I think Game 6 against Leafs his best game. Game Winner against Vegas be second

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Great comeback victory, nice to see for sure. Guhle!! And of course Suzuki and Caufield, where most of the scoring is likely to come from this season.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Team played hard, real good game. Ghule getting 2 points and Monahan getting us that goal in OT. Especially with Petry in box. Thought he played well with Suzuki and Caufield. Harris and Savard had some good blocks. Goalie played well I thought. Slaf his best game to date.

This is a fun team to watch while it’s a rebuild year and there will be lots of learning, development and heartache, seeing games like tonight’s and beating the Leafs last week make it all worthwhile . A good future awaits !

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Guhle : 21 years old
Caufield: 21 years old
Dach: 21 years old
Suzuki : 23 years old

All contributed tonight. fantastic!

I also think Harris is playing great as well. His style won’t get him noticed much but that means he’s playing well. Just solid all around and thought he deserved a shoutout as well

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Great comeback victory, nice to see for sure. Guhle!! And of course Suzuki and Caufield, where most of the scoring is likely to come from this season.

Last night, even if they lost, it would be the kind of loss I can live with because one, the Habs played real well and two, the young guys produced.

Suzuki a goal and assist
Caufield a goal
Guhle 2 assists

But the OT win was sweet too because Dach scored.

So the young guys are the ones producing. And even though Harris didn't get a point, he had a great game, too.

Even Slaf in his less than 10 minutes of ice time had a good game in his limite TOI.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Guhle and Harris playing so much better than in pre-season. Like, wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

I found Dach and Monahan had a bad night, good sign that despite an off night that they ended up on the score sheet.

Caufield and Suzuki are real first liners.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Guhle and Harris playing so much better than in pre-season. Like, wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

I found Dach and Monahan had a bad night, good sign that despite an off night that they ended up on the score sheet.

Caufield and Suzuki are real first liners.
Guhle was great in the preseason also, it's Harris that managed to up his level quite a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad