Post-Game Talk: Habs score 3 unanswered to defeat the Fish and Penguins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Was at the game last night and Habs played really well. Fully deserved win and played better than the Pens for most of the game. Would've sucked not to get anything from that performance and glad all that effort paid off in the third. Don't know how it came across on tv but Habs were flying, step for step with the pens skating wise.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Look, I'm not going to defend Bergevin but what Chicago did with Dach and Debrincat was idiotic and not something you see all the time. Let's stop pretending these types of trade are a regular occurrence. It's just bad faith at this point.
Was what Bergevin did with Kohtkaniemi any less strange than what Chicago did with Dach? Both young former third overalls that hadn’t really proved anything yet. It may have been a bit more complicated for us because of the offer-sheet, but I’d say returning a pick just outside the top 10 in the draft makes a lot more sense then letting a player go for picks you know you’re going to flip for a player of Christian Dvorak’s stature.

Reactions: the

Jul 6, 2016
4 points in 4 games....

Are we gonna see 82 points in 82 games ?

As long as they keep playing entertaining brand of hockey, I will be fine with any number of points they will get this season.

Was what Bergevin did with Kohtkaniemi any less strange than what Chicago did with Dach? Both young former third overalls that hadn’t really proved anything yet. It may have been a bit more complicated for us because of the offer-sheet, but I’d say returning a pick just outside the top 10 in the draft makes a lot more sense then letting a player go for picks you know you’re going to flip for a player of Christian Dvorak’s stature.
or Romanov !

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Look, I'm not going to defend Bergevin but what Chicago did with Dach and Debrincat was idiotic and not something you see all the time. Let's stop pretending these types of trade are a regular occurrence. It's just bad faith at this point.
and we also are at a point where we have the assets to make those kinds of trades. A player like Romanov(though maybe somewhat overrated on here) would've been almost untradeable before. It would've seemed a sideway-ish trade but with the Guhle's,Harrises and Xhekaj it made that move easier to make.

But your point is the primary one. I still want to be cautious with Dach but Centers with his overall package are rarely available as cheap as he was.

Reactions: HostileCapSpace

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
4 points in 4 games....

Are we gonna see 82 points in 82 games ?

As long as they keep playing entertaining brand of hockey, I will be fine with any number of points they will get this season.

or Romanov !
I didn’t include Romanov because that was a separate trade. If the Blackhawks valued Romanov the same as the 13th pick, we wouldn’t have needed the Islanders to get involved at all.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I don't know if he has big time producer in him. I can see Anderson type of production, streaky numbers but he does other stuff to help his linemates.

I'm somewhat sceptical of Slaf reaching his potential (which imo is enormous) but I think this would be close to a worst case scenario with him.

He's got vision, passing and skill that Anderson just doesn't come close to possessing and I'm not an Anderson hater. What I'm heartened to hear is that he's improving and many seem to think that he's making a case for a roster spot already. I only saw the 2nd game and he and Monahan were pretty much the only forwards doing anything of note. I saw Slaf make some nice passes.

I have my question marks still but I'm gaining confidence in him. Hell if he stays up all year I think he could do Anderson numbers this year. Anderson is a 30-40 pt guy so far.

Reactions: Rapala

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Guhle : 21 years old
Caufield: 21 years old
Dach: 21 years old
Suzuki : 23 years old

All contributed tonight. fantastic!

I also think Harris is playing great as well. His style won’t get him noticed much but that means he’s playing well. Just solid all around and thought he deserved a shoutout as well

Guhle is 20

Reactions: BLONG7

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Look at their complete stat lines mate. Other than Faceoffs, Crosby had no stats to show vs Suzuki who was a driver
I was at the game yesterday, Crosby was buzzing all around and had a few beautiful plays. They didnt amount to anything, but to say he was neutralized is false.

Thats why the stats suck.

Its not to say Suzuki wasnt good, Id say Sid and him split the game 50/50 with Nick producing and Crosbys line not converting.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
With Guhle and Harris fast tracking and Savard seemingly rebounding, our tank efforts might be compromised. No Matheson and Eddy right now. They're going to be two big adds for sure when they come back.

Playoff bubble would be frustrating and a Bedard could put us over the top but we still have plenty of guys who aren't even in their prime yet who are looking very good. Plus a shit load of prospects knocking at the door. We might just have to hope for smart drafting in the mid rounds. We seem to be getting better at that of late plus we have a TON of darts to throw.

I would love a tank but we have lots of outs where it might not be wholly necessary. I wouldn't call it off yet either but the youth movement is looking too impressive right now. It's still WAY too early but we could very well surprise. I'm content to just ride out whatever happens. We're clearly headed in the right direction.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Was at the game last night and Habs played really well. Fully deserved win and played better than the Pens for most of the game. Would've sucked not to get anything from that performance and glad all that effort paid off in the third. Don't know how it came across on tv but Habs were flying, step for step with the pens skating wise.
Who CARES
How did Guhle look! :D

Reactions: Rapala

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
I was at the game yesterday, Crosby was buzzing all around and had a few beautiful plays. They didnt amount to anything, but to say he was neutralized is false.

Thats why the stats suck.

Its not to say Suzuki wasnt good, Id say Sid and him split the game 50/50 with Nick producing and Crosbys line not converting.
Still maintain Crosby is one of the greatest players in the game even at his age.

I’ve never seen a player who never stops moving like he does.

Always giving everything he can both offensively and defensively at a very high level

Would not surprise me if he hits 100 points this year at age 35.

Shame that he missed so much time with concussion issues yet never lost a step

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If we are going to win, these type of game are perfect Kids playing great, tons of excitement winning in OT is perfect for the tank since the other team also get a point.
Was talking with my buddy after the game about the useless OT's points in the past and we came to the consensus if this team gets to OT it's okay as long as they win. Which is actually worse for the tank but better for the spectacle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad