Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Isles in Shootout

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Well I saw a lot of good in this game . Sending the kids to shoot . How Hutson continued to look dominant even through the mistakes . Mailloux looked good. And especially the coach playing both together .
while some want wins this year, the kwy is how those Young key guys develop abd to develop you need to play.
on tbe negative side , barron, when ghule js back , hebwont play. and struble way better then wifi

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
True.

Definitely need to change it up Marty.

Maybe one of the two rookies on that line.
Maybe Dach on the wing.
Definitely Armia to the 4th line.
I'm all for Dach on the wing, his best hockey for us was played there.

I think Kapanen is very mature for a rookie and NHL ready. I'd give him a shot at 2nd line center with Newhook and Dach on his wings. It couldn't be worse than Dach at C winning 0.002% of his faceoffs and Armia on the wing acting as a pylon.

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
So right off the bat I will say that Evans got as many minutes as Suzuki this game and while I love his hustle, this should be adressed imo.

Other than not a bad game, but some questionable toi distribution among our f group.

Gallagher needs to be bumped as well as Heinneman. Those guys efforts are getting wasted.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The 2nd half of the first, everyone looked like they were putting in a 200 feet efforts outside of Suzuki. and Primeau looked shaky.

No idea what the 2nd period looked like (I was in my car).

But the 3rd was the same lazy bums who are content to stand and look around. Primeau looked way more stable thought, so that's a positive.

Why are we playing Slaf if he's too hurt to shoot? Seriously limits what the top line can do.
Going by how Suzuki is playing, well gliding more like, Slaf's shoulder injury isn't what is limiting the top line right now...

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
In the mix for James Hagens. :sarcasm:

We suck. We definitely need a real 1st line center. Suzuki is a 2nd line center, Dach is not even playing like a center, Hage will push him to the wing quite easily in due time.

I would bench Dvorak who is an absolute passager night in night out. I would try Kapanen down the middle, move Armia down the line-up and try Heineman with Dach and Newhook.
People are finally waking up to what I’ve been saying for years - Suzuki is not a #1 center

And I’m staring to question his captaincy - too vanilla and didn’t seem the kind to rally the team

This team will never win until they find an elite center with size and grit

Hage is a potential hope but he’s years away and we can’t wait that long

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I watched the 1st period after not watching the 1st 5 games...now I know why I stopped. The more things change the more they stay the same. 30 years of mediocre hockey continues.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Primeau was terrific in this one. Kid played well.

Hutson is fun to watch.

Heineman has a hell of a shot. Damn he wired that puck in the shootout. We need to get a look at him on a scoring line.

Slafkovsky definitely has a bad shoulder. He was wincing after his shot in shoot-out. Guy should be resting and getting physio.

Caufield only guy scoring, but at least he is.

Defense is incredibly young & mistake prone. It's too often just complete chaos in our zone. PK was outstanding tonight, though, as was Jake Evans.

We host the undefeated Rangers on Tuesday (4-0-1).

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Lol that ot face off, I was praying that dvorak would skate to the bench after winning the face off.

And then it was like oh shit.... he's staying.... then he gets the puck and wasted a vanilla muffin on varlamov, then the penalty by dach and 3 on 3 was effectively over for the night.

Vanilla play by dvorak, and to me, that useless shot was just as good as a turnover.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
NkualE2.gif

I’m adding that GIF/meme to my collection, thank you!

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Hard to win when only one team gets called for infractions and it's you. Gutsy effort to get the point.

Hopefully the looks for Kapanen/Heineman on L2 continue since those two shifts were better than any shifts with Armia.

Can t blame it on the refs when you get outshot 36 to 24…. They can t get the puck back and when they have it they don t have a proper transition game in place. Look at the third NYI goal, passive forecheck of your first line doing nothing… this team has a lot of issues. They are lucky their goalies have saved them several times and they have had puck luck (e.g. CC) because they could be 1-5-0 easily…
This team does not care to win or even play hockey at this stage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad