Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Isles in Shootout

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Meh, it was a better game than Saturday, but this team still needs a lot of work.

Barron needs to work on his consistency, you never know what you're going to get with him. He's really a younger version of Matheson.

Varlamov coming out really aggressively was messing with the shooters head. They should've started fast, then when he skates back in his net, just slow down to a crawl until he's deep enough for a clean opening.

Good game for Primeau's confidence though.

I can already hear the rumblings of the HF tank engines get started :laugh:

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
Hope Dach heard the message from MSL

9 rounds still on the bench . Rare W from MSL
Can't wait for the arrival of Michael Hage.

Dach is not the answer as the second line center, he's terrible... I would put him on the right side and try Oliver Kapanen for now.

Something like :

Heineman - Kapanen - Dach

And see how it goes. Can't be worst than what we have now. Newhook is a worst version of Christopher Higgins and Armia just sucks when he plays vs top 4 defensemen...

Reactions: Zorro

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
The best thing that happened during this game was the news that the Habs are sending someone out to visit with Demidov.
The guy they’re sending

IMG_2478.jpeg

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Aug 21, 2016
In the mix for James Hagens. :sarcasm:

We suck. We definitely need a real 1st line center. Suzuki is a 2nd line center, Dach is not even playing like a center, Hage will push him to the wing quite easily in due time.

I would bench Dvorak who is an absolute passager night in night out. I would try Kapanen down the middle, move Armia down the line-up and try Heineman with Dach and Newhook.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Tank talk is an inevitability if they can't win games.

It's more of an outlet for frustration than anything else. Our brains like to frame things to find positives.
Especially when they get outplayed like tonight. Although the broadcasters noted that the Isles have outshot their opponent in every game this year.

Reactions: Canadienna

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Primeau with a rough start but played well to finish.

First line is all Caufield right now. Slafkovsky seems content being a complimentary player that looks for his linemates instead of being the force I think he can be. Suzuki just hasn’t found his groove.

Second line is a wreck. Dach seems frustrated.

Hutson & Mailloux added some entertainment. Struble underwhelming but I’ll give him a pass since he hasn’t played. Barron… at one point it felt like he could do nothing right.

Reactions: Pomee

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Can't wait for the arrival of Michael Hage.

Dach is not the answer as the second line center, he's terrible... I would put him on the right side and try Oliver Kapanen for now.

Something like :

Heineman - Kapanen - Dach

And see how it goes. Can't be worst than what we have now. Newhook is a worst version of Christopher Higgins and Armia just sucks when he plays vs top 4 defensemen...
I laugh at this post.

Reactions: pepperMonkey

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Primeau with a rough start but played well to finish.

First line is all Caufield right now. Slafkovsky seems content to be a complimentary player that looks for his linemates instead of being the force I think he can be. Suzuki just hasn’t found his groove.

Second line is a wreck. Dach seems frustrated.

Hutson & Mailloux added some entertainment. Struble underwhelming but I’ll give him a pass since he hasn’t played. Barron… at one point it felt like he could do nothing right.

Yep.

He got paid and he just out there vibin right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad