Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Isles in Shootout

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
That sucked to be honest. I like positivity, but man there are a lot of issues with the team right now. Caufield is playing really well, but Slaf is confused about his role and Suzuki has no hussle. The three are making very bad decisions defensively. They're still not an issue like the 2nd line is though, nor the defense. Savards play is worrying, I was hoping for him to be a pillar like the last two years, but he's been making a lot of mistakes.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
There's something wrong with Suzuki. Can't pinpoint what it is, but he's not his usual self.
Yet still has 5 points in 6 games. Not saying you specifically but the Suzuki criticism is outrageous when he's put the team on his back for how many seasons now while other players are getting every excuse possible. Our 2nd most used center is Jake Evans since Dvorak can't do anything anymore and Dach takes penalties nonstop.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
What do we even do with the 2nd line. Nothing is working there and they all look bad.
The 2nd line center missed a whole year and has never really been good at center (for more than a couple of straight games anyway). Also he has no legit top 6er to play with. That's not a surprise.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Primo was surprisingly good. Ends about there. Well PK was solid

Another defensive disaster
3 yrs of dumb penalties as positionless chickens with heads cut off and take penalties reacting

Dach and Dvorak in OT. Actually comical that someone gets paid millions to make that decision

Second line finally switched but likely will be a thing again by next game cause thats how we roll

Oh Cole scored, Slaf got 2 pts and 20 seconds it OT. So not bad lol

Reactions: Runner77 and Pomee

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
2nd line was dogshit.

Put Armia on the 4th where he belongs and give Heineman a chance ffs.

If they stay healthy, I think it's almost a lock we'll see Kapanen, Heineman & Roy playing ahead of Anderson, Dvorak & Armia in the lineup before the year is over...

Our vet forwards just don't add anything positive to the game aside from not forcing 3 rookies into top 9 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad