Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Isles in Shootout

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I guess the good news is we are playing like shit and still hovering at around 500.
Time to arrange some deck chairs and start with that first line.
That's because like last year, half the league is actually no better or worst than the Habs.

Isles, Kings, Penguins were all games the Habs would have won had more players (especially forwards) put in some efforts instead of standing around puck watching for most of the game. Habs showed up collectively for one game this season: the Sens one.

The rest was a rollercoaster of efforts with some players just coasting most of the entire game.

Reactions: Rapala

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
One last year…. The goal was always 2025. We are needing patience. That is the year we got assets up to. And 2025 was the year ou draft picks were supposed to really come into the line up.

One last good draft. We get Demidov and Reinbacher plus a lot more experience from Hutson, Mailloux.

I also feel that there will be a big move for a forward done. Probably Matheson…

This year is not it… at least not for management. Only thing they don’t want to see is regression.
We want to see some progression, but no need to jump off the ledge 5=6 games into the season that's for sure.
We will have a decent season, and being in the mix will be just that.

Man..............it's hard to be patient. We just want team success.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We want to see some progression, but no need to jump off the ledge 5=6 games into the season that's for sure.
We will have a decent season, and being in the mix will be just that.

Man..............it's hard to be patient. We just want team success.
One more game and our pre-season is over. :dunno:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Pretty disappointed they are getting the day off. Stop handling their effort with kid gloves.
MSL "bag skated" them in Tremblant over partying too hard, but they play with low efforts and bad dzone execution multiple games in a row and...nothing.

I feel like something is going on behind the scene.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Didn't even watch after the 1st , went and got drunk at the Keg instead. Gin and Tonic night
I bet Barron sucked though

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

TheBlob

Dec 26, 2010
Caufield needs to stop going 5-hole in 80% of his breakaways and shootouts. Just shelf it damn it!
He's 6 goals in 6 games so far, and more than 1 PPG. Could he do more? Maybe. But please give the guy a break lol.

If he keeps this pace (which im pretty sure he will not, but let's dream a bit), the guy will have one hell of a season.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
Dach will take around 40 games to get going, that's not the issue. The issue is everyone else in the top 6 playing like ass and MSL refusing to do anything about it. They have no excuse like Dach.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Cole acting like a spoiled brat here.

That's not a crazy question, it could have easily been answered without the snark. Thin skinned if that's setting him off.

It was an over the top reaction by Caufield for sure.

But I think he doesn't like putting the bad shooting percentage on the injury because he knows he'll probably slump this season and he doesn't want to give ammo for a gotcha moment by the media.

I think in an ideal world, it should've gone like this :

''Cole, last season your shooting % was trash. Did your recovery from the shoulder surgery had anything to do with that?''

''Yeah probably, but for the record I'm not using it as an excuse. So later on when I score 1 goal in 15 games, you can't go around saying I'm just making excuses as a talking point.''

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad