Proposal: Habs Garbage Truck is coming to town to help your team with its cap hit

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I wonder what the Oilers would pay to dump Kane.

He has a full NMC till March 1st. He's apparently not willing to waive. He's also likely to start the season on LTIR.

I'm fairly certain if the Oilers move an asset to move a player it's going to be Ceci.

Reactions: McJedi

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
I'd take Price's contract as insurance against the Landeskog/Nichushkin situation.

Kroenke has deep pockets.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I am fully behind the idea of taking on cap dump for picks again this year, but not a defenseman.

We already have to trade some away, it would be stupid to add someone else and prevent the kids from playing.

Reactions: zeeto

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Are teams even really looking to dump cap with every good free agent gone?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I'd take Price's contract as insurance against the Landeskog/Nichushkin situation.

Kroenke has deep pockets.
Something tells me you don't exactly understand how LTIR works. There is 0 benefit to having Carey Price's contract for any reason other than the arizona shit where they were trying to use LTIR to save money in reaching the cap floor using insurance

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
True French-Canadian and Olympic Gold medalist Marc-Eduoard Vlasic + 2nd rd pick

for

Future Considerations

Not worth spending a 2nd pick for that in San Jose's situation.
Because they don't care about winning, they have a low cap.

Anchor contract for 2 years they're not worried about.
They need the pick more than the cap free space.

Not worth it for Habs neither.
Because a 2nd for 2 years at 7 mil, for him, it's underpayment.

Reactions: viceroy and HabsQC

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
Something tells me you don't exactly understand how LTIR works. There is 0 benefit to having Carey Price's contract for any reason other than the arizona shit where they were trying to use LTIR to save money in reaching the cap floor using insurance
Yep, my mistake. I always forget the LTIR rules.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I think they should get a player with a bad contract and give a pick to a team for a higher pick. We don't need another 2nd or 3rd we need 1st pick, quality picks. I would do like our other 2nd 2025 to a team for a bad contact for 1 year and a late 1st

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
This year only. No bad contracts past this season. In '25 we expect to be aggressive in UFA
Teams have no real need to dump 1 year contracts at this point in the season. Every meaningful UFA is signed already and there is nobody else to use the money on

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He has a full NMC till March 1st. He's apparently not willing to waive. He's also likely to start the season on LTIR.

I'm fairly certain if the Oilers move an asset to move a player it's going to be Ceci.
Oilers aren't moving Ceci without getting a top 4 RD back.
No way they ink one of Broberg, Stecher, or Brown into a top 4 role. Likely happens at trade deadline in March.

For this thread , Savard for Ceci + Bourgault/2nd + Lavoie

• Haha
Reactions: VainGretzky

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I don't think that will be the case this year. I could see a scenario where they act as a facilitator at the deadline, but they're not using cap space for the next two years to help others.

Why?

1. Dvorak, Armia, and Savard are notable pending UFAs.
2. They have their own bad contracts in Anderson and Gallagher.
3. They don't need to take contracts and picks for future considerations. They have 9 picks in the first four rounds in 2025. They're busting at the seams with quality prospects that can't all make it within the organization. Those picks may be used to move up, or they may be packaged with existing assets for a quality player that can really augment the lineup.
4. They are aiming for enough improvement this year that, combined with the growth of their core group, they become of interest to UFAs in 2025.

This was a move to make 2 years ago.

This year is already another year lost, so I'd weaponize the cap hit we have

Habs should be done with this kind of loser stuff

This year is the last year

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
This year is already another year lost, so I'd weaponize the cap hit we have

This year is the last year
I know you said 2 years max, and maybe there's a one year out there, but I'm not down with taking on two years of someone else's mistake. We don't need more picks. The amount of $ we have coming off the cap next summer, 2025 will be the time to make shrewd additions(s).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad