Which teams are skilled over the next 6 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imgoingtowork

Apr 15, 2024
Europe
Is there some logic to this list? Seems ultra random

You dislike a lot of comments or what is question about?

I brought up my speculations about the future of the NHL. The start of next season is highly interesting. You think Utah will go all the way to the playoffs or they will end up at the bottom 5 swamp? I think Utah might make it to the top 20 but the risk of them doing a mediocre season 23 to 33 place also sounds reasonable. Utah's squad also sounds interesting. I think Montreal certain have a good squad.

Reactions: StCaufield

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
You dislike a lot of comments or what is question about?

I brought up my speculations about the future of the NHL. The start of next season is highly interesting. You think Utah will go all the way to the playoffs or they will end up at the bottom 5 swamp? I think Utah might make it to the top 20 but the risk of them doing a mediocre season 23 to 33 place also sounds reasonable. Utah's squad also sounds interesting. I think Montreal certain have a good squad.
Why is Washington on that list?

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Best teams next 6 years:

Colorado
Tampa Bay
Montreal
Dallas
Pittsburgh
Anaheim
Ottawa
Washington

They have the most talent and the most peak the reason for go all the way to the Stanley Cup.

That list makes absolutely no sense at all. Tampa are aging badly, Pittsburgh has a horrid prospect pool and ancient offensive leaders and Washington are similar to Pittsburgh.

This quite literally looks like a randomly generated list of 8 NHL teams

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Best teams next 6 years:

Colorado
Tampa Bay
Montreal
Dallas
Pittsburgh
Anaheim
Ottawa
Washington

They have the most talent and the most peak the reason for go all the way to the Stanley Cup.
I don’t see Pittsburgh, Dallas, TB or even Washington being contenders for the later half of the six years.

Why is Washington on that list?
Didn’t you know? PLD is coming to save the franchise

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Best teams next 6 years:

Colorado
Tampa Bay
Montreal
Dallas
Pittsburgh
Anaheim
Ottawa
Washington

If you bring some arguments it might help a bit. There is no way WAS is a good team in 6 years. Probably the same for TB, Pits.

So unless you bring in deep analysis, aka in year 1 was will draft x player, etc.

Otherwise it is just random team naming. If you had named Chi, Ana, Habs, aka young teams that are rebuilding we would have seen the logic. So, you might be a genius or a dummy. :)

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Ben and pavelski gone. Seguin perhaps as well. The D isn’t set up to be dominant over that time.
They will still have Johnston Hintz Robertson Stenkoven Heiskanen Harley Oettinger and if a team can draft and develop players, it’s them. Plus, they will always be able to attract good UFA with there low taxe state

DrBizz4r3

Oct 5, 2020
I have a tough time expressing my thoughts on this list without sounding mean or ill will, but it’s this kind of posts on the main boards that i found reactionnary. Some of the teams i can understand (peak teams that are at the end of their windows (Colorado, Dallas and maybe tampa if they trade in position of power (arguably really close to their end)) and promising teams (Anaheim, Montréal and i guess Ottawa). But I have no clue or argument for washington and specially pittsburgh (probably in my top 3 bottom teams in 6 years (exception if they retool in 1 year, bottom 15). The gymnastics are not futile, but the results are surprising at best

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Best teams next 6 years:

Colorado
Tampa Bay
Montreal
Dallas
Pittsburgh
Anaheim
Ottawa
Washington

I'd like to hear your reasoning for Pittsburgh, Ottawa and Washington.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Washington is well in evolution to cup victory.
Washington is well on its way for a couple of years of being mediocre. I get trying to get a last 1-2 years out of OV with these moves, but most of their new acquisitions are towards the end of their prime. They have a few decent prospect up front, but nothing expected to be gamebreaking or anything.

At the very best I expect them to be like the Kings of the past few years.

Reactions: Kiss Under the Guy

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I'd like to hear your reasoning for Pittsburgh, Ottawa and Washington.
It is easy explanation on Pittsburgh. They will suck heavily, win 2026 draft lottery and Gavin McKenna will be a huge star by 2030.
Well that is really the only scenario I can imagine that ;).

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Best teams next 6 years:

Colorado
Tampa Bay
Montreal
Dallas
Pittsburgh
Anaheim
Ottawa
Washington

Washington
Pittsburgh
Tampa

will be bear the bottom on the NHL in that time

Colorado possibly aged out as well.

My List for 6 years.

Eastern Conference

Habs
Jersey
Detroit

Western Conference

Dallas
Anaheim
Edmonton

crap shoot though

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
Needed no explain for I come from Finland, my English cannot explain more. Have you understood me?

1721050027052.jpeg

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Washington is still a good team, they have world-class Ovechkin for about three more years.
OV is nowhere near world class anymore, unless he somehow has a bounce back season at 39 years old. He had 31 goals last season and 65 points in a very high scoring league without providing anything defensively. He doesn't have the same explosiveness. He had a stronger 2nd half I guess. But still, if that's your best forward, you're in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad