GDT: Habs at Leafs (Now, Monday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So because MSL does something it is the right thing ?

Let s omit the fact that they may want to increase Anderson s trade value rather than present the best lineup, last year s PP scored 16% of the time. According to you it was perfect ?

Right thing or a move based on him having more information than you do? I do find that what I think or want to try ends up being what MSL tries in many cases so it makes sense for me. How can you blame me for that?

You're changing the narrative. I'm talking about 5/5 lines. Not on the PP. You've been playing the spin game all day so far. Can you stay on topic? Where did I say it was "perfect"? Once again, another spin and exaggerated narrative to prove your weak point.

Do you have actual rational context into the 5/5 performance? You're entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's not about demoting Anderson, it's about his playstyle not providing what CC/Suzuki are missing, i.e. a player that goes to the dirty area, play along the board and recuperate pucks.

CC/Suzuki/Anderson last season:
2022-2023: 65:10 TOI, 38.71 CF%, 28.90 xGF%, 6 GF 6 GA, 5 HDFC 20 HDFA, 57.69% ozone starts
It was better the year before:
2021-2022: 255.52 TOI, 50.82 CF% , 49.31 xGF%, 12 GF 11 GA, 47 HDFC 56 HDFA, 54.38% ozone starts

CC/Suzuki with Monahan:
2022-2023: 50:40 TOI, 55.40 CF%, 42.88 xGF%, 5 GF 3 GA, 5 HDFC 10 HDFA, 58.62% ozone starts

RHP/Suzuki/Anderson:
2022-2023: 120:46 TOI, 46.67 CF%, 55.71%, 10 GF 3 GA, 36 HDFC 24 HDFA, 53.25% ozone starts

Finally, some actual context. Good stuff.

The total ice time with Anderson on the Caufield/Suzuki line is too small for me. I don't think we can gather good value from that like some think they can. The other angle to all of this is how many lines are rolling game/game. When the depth sucks, other teams can focus on our best line which changes and skews the outlook.

I think Anderson has lots more to provide but he needs talent to work with with his style of game. Placing Anderson with Dvorak or Evans as the centers is not it. Doesn't have to be 100% with Suzuki/Caufield but at the very least, he needs to work with actual top 6 talent and centers.

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Finally, some actual context. Good stuff.

The total ice time with Anderson on the Caufield/Suzuki line is too small for me. I don't think we can gather good value from that like some think they can.

I think Anderson has lots more to provide but he needs talent to work with with his style of game. Placing Anderson with Dvorak or Evans as the centers is not it.
Again, it's not about playing Anderson with Dvorak/Evans. It's CC/Suzuki/Anderson that aren't complementing each others. RHP/Suzuki/Anderson worked very well last season, even if RHP sh% was unsustainable early on.

I've seen quite a few people suggest RHP/Newhook/Anderson.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Again, it's not about playing Anderson with Dvorak/Evans. It's CC/Suzuki/Anderson that aren't complementing each others. RHP/Suzuki/Anderson worked very well last season, even if RHP sh% was unsustainable early on.

I've seen quite a few people suggest RHP/Newhook/Anderson.

I get your point it's one of many angles/strategy to consider.

There are many different things we can try and I will repeat my point. It is about not playing Anderson with Dvorak and Evans. Gallagher is the one who should be with them. Not Anderson.

So if Anderson is not with Suzuki/Caufield, we can try that RHP/Newhook/Anderson line but Newhook is not Suzuki and needs a lot of development to be a full time center in the NHL. I think he belongs on wing and we only use him at center if needed.

For now, Habs have 3 lines and top 9. Aside from Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, we have many guys that are top 9 talent vs top 6. So I think our 2nd and 3rd lines will be similar potential. There is no such thing as top 6 vs bottom 6 with the Habs at the moment.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Right thing or a move based on him having more information than you do? I do find that what I think or want to try ends up being what MSL tries in many cases so it makes sense for me. How can you blame me for that?

You're changing the narrative. I'm talking about 5/5 lines. Not on the PP. You've been playing the spin game all day so far. Can you stay on topic? Where did I say it was "perfect"? Once again, another spin and exaggerated narrative to prove your weak point.

Do you have actual rational context into the 5/5 performance? You're entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.
Two things :
First. Your main argument was that Anderson is better suited to play with CC Suzuki because MSL think he is and he is better than me. I told you it is not a valid argument and illustrated it with an extreme failure : the PP. I.e. it is not because MSL says something that it is the truth.
Second. Anderson is a one dimensional player not making his Linemates better. Another poster had brought out advanced stats about Anderson with Caufield and Suzuki showing it was not a success. I did not have the figures. Now you have the facts.

Reactions: the

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I don't have the proof on how many games they tried it so most if not all of us are relying on memory.

According to Dobber’s frozen tools, Caufield-Suzuki-Anderson played together 65 minutes at even strength last season. They had 6 goals for, 6 goals against. They had 22 shots for and 46 shots against.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
So far after 4 games we can easily tell that the Vets/Young vets are playing not to get hurt.
I'm hoping that they stop playing at 70% and up their game to 100% for the last 2 preseason games.
Push the tempo of the game to a real season game to be ready to win game 1.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Xhekaj- Kovacevic might be a really surprise, or just downright atrocious.

Lines are sort of similar to what should be during the season, so see how they do tonight and hopefully look better.

You can still lose but look way better than they have so far

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
According to Dobber’s frozen tools, Caufield-Suzuki-Anderson played together 65 minutes at even strength last season. They had 6 goals for, 6 goals against. They had 22 shots for and 46 shots against.

That's like close to 4 or 5 games if it's around 15-18 min's a game right? This is my point... I don't think we have a large enough sample size to know good value.

The other angle is... was it 4 or 5 games spread out over 40 games or was it 4 or 5 in a row. Hard to gain momentum if it's spread out right?

I'd like to give it a serious shot. Not nibble away at it here and there. Some posters acting like they know for sure it don't work are reaching because they really think Anderson is not a skilled type.

And for the ones who like to spin things... We are talking 5/5 strategy. Not on the PP. Two different things.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Two things :
First. Your main argument was that Anderson is better suited to play with CC Suzuki because MSL think he is and he is better than me. I told you it is not a valid argument and illustrated it with an extreme failure : the PP. I.e. it is not because MSL says something that it is the truth.
Second. Anderson is a one dimensional player not making his Linemates better. Another poster had brought out advanced stats about Anderson with Caufield and Suzuki showing it was not a success. I did not have the figures. Now you have the facts.

Sorry, you lost me hours ago with your spins. Talking about the PP and also pretending the 4 or 5 games they played was something I considered "perfect". You also tried to say it was "really" bad when they tried it. I don't have time for spins and exaggeration. I expect you to be better than that bud.

I for one will not be shocked if MSL tries Anderson with them more this year. Bookmark this for a later date. Like more than just 4 or 5 games spread out.

I'm pretty sure if it was very bad (like you say it is), MSL would not try it again. Once again, lets see how it plays out this season where I think we have better top 9 talent and they might be able to create more stability for all the 3 top lines.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad