GDT: Habs at Leafs (Now, Monday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
He showed significant improvement last year and this year in his decision making and was very good for us overall.

21 goals in 69 games is exactly the type of production that we signed him for and is well worth 5.5 million on the open market considering his size, speed, physicality.

The Anderson hate is dumb just as the Danault hate was dumb.

Why hate ? It s not about hating a player but being realistic about what he does on the ice and not what we want to see. I don t think 35 points makes you a 1st liner (the Argument was that he would be a great partner for CC Suzuki). I have nothing against players themselves.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You are quite right. But the ‘sky is always falling’ crowd is becoming tiring.
The object of the exercise hasn't changed for me. I want to see some decent hockey execution starting with the basics. When I don't see it even if it's preseason I'm not a happy camper. Simple expectations.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
No doubt if they win tonight the doubters will switch their pessimism to the undoing of our ‘tank.’ There’s no winning with this jaded fan base.
I don't know if you are referring to me here but oh well, I'm not looking for a fight and frankly, I don't take any of it too seriously anymore. It's an uphill battle to win in a 32-team league and even more of a challenge for a Canadian team. I'm more interested in the good humor shared during GDTs, the team is good background noise for me.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You are quite right. But the ‘sky is always falling’ crowd is becoming tiring.
There could also be a middle ground. What about those who weigh the good with the bad? Just because some of us don’t like certain things doesn’t mean we don’t value and appreciate certain other aspects. A healthy dose of skepticism is often misinterpreted as a sign of negativity when it just isn’t.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad