GDT: Habs at Leafs (Now, Monday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Jesus thats a long surgery I work in a hospital and on average I see like 3 hours or less
Yeah i was surprised when he told me that. a complete restructuration is between 20-23hours.

Someday i believe if im even ready for that. That is why i post so much here , I'm in my early 30 and can't do any more sports or outside activities. All i do is bet and play video games, it's getting boring lmao

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Sounds like a terrific bottom pairing.
Depends how they do.

At times they both can get lost and skated around in their zone.

However, both are big and strong and can control the play with their size for a bit.

Both have pretty good skating for their size.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
What I am saying is that Anderson was quoted as the one scoring and I merely mentioned he is scoring at a lower PPG than Hoffman who was supposedly done and useless. I don t especially like Hoffman‚s game but Anderson is widely overrated on those boards. People should stop saying size and skating are strength when he obviously can t help the team with those strength. He is paid as a 2nd liner whereas he is a one trick winger with tunnel vision.

He showed significant improvement last year and this year in his decision making and was very good for us overall.

21 goals in 69 games is exactly the type of production that we signed him for and is well worth 5.5 million on the open market considering his size, speed, physicality.

The Anderson hate is dumb just as the Danault hate was dumb.

Funny, two games ago, many here were smugly saying how poor the Leafs' prospect pool was. Now they see the Leafs as having a soon to arrive juggernaut of talent. The reality is their prospects aren't nearly as good as some here now think, nor is our pool as void as some here now fear. I believe that while we will be incrementally better this year, we still will be drafting in the top 7. The silver lining is that 2024 is a very good year to be drafting in the top 10. Very good indeed.

They do not have a "juggernaut of talent" lol. They have a few good prospects and that is it. Our pool is far better than theirs especially on D where they are putrid.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They do not have a "juggernaut of talent lol". They have a few good prospects and that is it. Our pool is far better than theirs especially on D where they are putrid.
Any concerns about the dearth of elite scoring talent in our pipeline? Or can our excess D be enough to land it in trades?

Last edited:

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yeah i was surprised when he told me that. a complete restructuration is between 20-23hours.

Someday i believe if im even ready for that. That is why i post so much here , I'm in my early 30 and can't do any more sports or outside activities. All i do is bet and play video games, it's getting boring lmao
Crazy man sorry to hear that I can't imagine not being able to play sports I still play about 4 on a regular basis like 6 days a week

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Any concerns about tge dearth of elite scoring talent in our pipeline? Or can our excess D be enough to land it in trades?

I am not concerned necessarily, but of course it would be nice to have a nice blue chip forward prospect or two to add to the group. We have a lot of good to very good prospects at forward and if a couple really blossom like Roy and Slafkovsky we may be laughing especially if Dach continues to get better.

I think you hit the nail on the head with our D depth and I believe that Hughes and Gorton are absolutely planning on trying to snag some high end forward talent. Many won't like this but I would trade Hutson for a bluechip forward prospect in a heartbeat if there is a team out there that believes that he has Quinn Hughes potential (which I do not due to the huge gap in skating ability between the two).

I believe that Mailloux has the potential to be a PP beast and will almost certainly be much better than Hutson in his own end in his prime so this makes Lane expendable imo. Hutson will have another huge season this year and I would absolutely look to move him but only if we can land a very good forward prospect. If not then I am happy to keep him as I would not trade him unless the return is very good.

You have to give up something good to get something good and Hutson might be the perfect bait to land the forward that we need. I could totally see this scenario playing out in much the same way as the Dach and Newhook trades played out after the season concludes.

I would be very happy with the offensive upside of our D prospects even without Hutson and they are all so much better defensively. Hopefully Lane wins the Hobey Baker and his value goes through the roof because I believe we can afford to move him. Moving Harris/Struble/Barron etc is not likely to move the needle much as far as improving or forward prospect pool and I would not trade Reinbacher or Guhle. Mailloux still has a tainted name that unfortunately will scare most GM's from parting with a top asset only to put themselves in the line of fire from local media. The only real other option would be Xhekaj as trade bait but with the drafting of his brother I do not see that happening and I am not convinced he could command a similar return as Hutson.

I went through this mental exercise a few weeks ago and had not considered trading Hutson before then but if we are going to try and attain a true blue chip forward prospect I don't see any other way to do it if it is going to be done by trading one of our young D. I didn't want to mention it because I know the sh*t show this will likely ignite but you asked and I was compelled to comply lol.

Sorry to drag your good name into this but I can already sense the horde forming over the horizon and it is me they are coming for :help:

Reactions: Runner77

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Any concerns about tge dearth of elite scoring talent in our pipeline? Or can our excess D be enough to land it in trades?

Is it that concerning? Montreal has a number of good scoring prospects in their system (Roy, Farrell, etc.) Most teams that have the scoring talent you are referring to in their pipelines draft them high and often. Montreal also has a lot of young developing talent at forward in the NHL and they aren't finished with the rebuild, they'll likely be picking high the next couple drafts too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad