GDT: Habs at Leafs (Now, Monday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Dach's line was good the first game they played together but I'm not sure the line will last much longer. Something is not clicking.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
If I'd have to choose between Heineman and RHP to make the team, I'd pick Heineman based on performance this camp. Super disappointed with Rafael. Cmon man, you were a ball of fire last year. Where is the grit?

Reactions: SlafySZN

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Dach's line was good the first game they played together but I'm not sure the line will last much longer. Something is not clicking.

I’d put Monahan with them. Would give Dach an other player able to win battles and open options on the ice.

Also, Gallagher looks better than last game where he looked completely done. Not that it matters much, but it’s a better performance from him tonight.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I have a problem with Slafkovsky just standing there on that play instead of helping his teammates a long the boards.

He needs to get in there.
He rushed back, which is good, but he could have attacked the Leafs player breaking out, but didn't and then didn't know what to do in the d zone.

He shows flashes, but they have to send him down at some point.

Maybe they give him a month this season and then send him down, but you have to.

Reactions: MadMslm

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If I'd have to choose between Heineman and RHP to make the team, I'd pick Heineman based on performance this camp. Super disappointed with Rafael. Cmon man, you were a ball of fire last year. Where is the grit?
He might be nursing an injury and lets not forget the added security of a new contract.

Reactions: Andy

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Our team defence strategy is running around
Man-to-man, but the players have no idea which man they are supposed to watch.

I have a problem with Slafkovsky just standing there on that play instead of helping his teammates a long the boards.

He needs to get in there.

Slaf was watching the lane to the Leafs at the blue line and he (leafs) did get the puck and would have a clear shot to the net without Slaf being here.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
And I don't disagree with the general idea of your post fundamentally speaking. But Bergevin ain't the hill to die on or example to bring forward. That Cup finals run, well lots of unusual circumstances came into play. We can agree to that correct?

Unusual circumstances are what derailed the regular season and put them in a position to miss the playoffs.

The team was universally praised as a dangerous team to start the season and ultimately Bergevin's philosophy of building a team that could challenge for a Cup even if it wasn't built to be a juggernaut in the regular season proved to be correct. If that team was as healthy as most teams were they would have easily made the playoffs and this negative narrative wouldn't have any basis for consideration.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Lets keep drafting players with no pedigree of owning their league in scoring and keep trading draft picks capital for 35pts player. The show is fantastic.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
For real, how the f*** did he ever score 30 goals? Terrible, terrible player
Volume shooter, he would shoot the puck every time he had a chance. Even if it’s the bad play and the shot has almost no chance of being a goal.

Michou used to call it Puck To Da Net!!! Gallagher figured the more he would shoot the better the chance one of them would sneak in. He just kept constantly shooting the puck hoping for the best. The puck would go all over the place like a pinball machine.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Ylonen looked like absolute garbage on the PK. Collapsing way down and leaving the point wide open. Then just rubbernecking looking lost

Reactions: zx81

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Man-to-man, but the players have no idea which man they are supposed to watch.

Slaf was watching the lane to the Leafs at the blue line and he (leafs) did get the puck and would have a clear shot to the net without Slaf being here.

Leafs had three players on that board against two for the Habs. If he was in there they might have not got the puck out.

He shows flashes here and there but he needs to be more implicated in the game.

Other than his first game with Dach (which was the best I saw out of him in that uniform) he hasn’t done much. If he can’t be more assertive he has no place here.

Riddick412

Crash da net!
Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa
I'm not going to judge until a few weeks in, but it is looking like much of the same. Surely there will be growth this year from rookies this year. (Provided they stay healthy)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad