GDT: Habs at Leafs (Now, Monday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I don't believe they will risk it.
yeah I don't think HuGo is that dumb. Lesser goalies are getting claimed Primeau is 24 and still has 2 years as a cost-controlled back-up at under 1 million.
If Allen looks cooked, he might not have a choice and accept a trade or whatever. He's been lousy and injury-prone.
No way I lose an asset like Primeau for free

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
After watching the emergence of Mailloux and Norlinder I think Barron has his work cut out down the road.
Which makes the trade for Lehkonen look real dumb. Traded away my favorite player for a player that hasn't looked good yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Lmao they're treating Matthews killing penalties this year like it's some brand new innovation after they spent the last 2 years pretending him and Marner are Selke level guys

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
You are quite right. But the ‘sky is always falling’ crowd is becoming tiring.

There are those who are irrationally negative and those that are irrationally positive and their opinions are just noise......we just need more rational, objective discussion in the middle. It is just a reflection of today's society that has become increasingly polarized and disproportionately influenced by irrational actors on the extreme fringes of the discussion.

Sports and music discussions are steeped in subjectivity and personal bias where people are offended by statements that have nothing to do with themselves yet they personalize perceived slights to their bias of choice.

I can share objective concerns about Slafkovsky or Hutson and it will legitimately anger people for no other reason than they just don't want to hear it or consider it because they don't like how it makes them feel. No matter how many times I say that I am happy to have both as prospects the focus remains on a slight that somehow is perceived as personal as they approach the debate from an egocentric point of view rather than entertain evidence based objective analysis.

Bergevin was a great example of this as there are posters who will absolutely not give him credit for anything and spin everything into a cesspool of circular logic designed to protect their narrative and it is both sad and pathetic. MB did some great things and some terrible things but there are very few who are honest enough to provide an objective breakdown of his tenure as the Habs GM.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If I didn't know which team the Leafs were playing tonight I wouldn't know from this intermission since it's been ALL Leafs talk and no mention of the Habs at all.

Reactions: Runner77

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Lmao they're treating Matthews killing penalties this year like it's some brand new innovation after they spent the last 2 years pretending him and Marner are Selke level guys
It's an amazing how this is a new revelation the money he's getting paid he should do more than just skate on 5 on 5 and power play

Reactions: JoelWarlord

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I don’t understand what that has to do with what I just wrote. He wasn’t even on the ice.
I'm not saying he did anything wrong, or anything like that.

I'm saying the Habs don't have many who screen the net because of how the previous regime viewed drafting and how this new regime kind of shares the same view.

They could try and take more chances on forwards with size. Granted, it's only 2 drafts.

Habs have drafted 9 forwards the past 2 drafts.

2 are over 6'0.

I think you thought I was targeting him and I'm just saying they argued if they draft Slaf, they wouldn't have to focus on size later. You should be focused, but not solely on size all the time.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Who's that woman in Emirates ads ?
Pretty terrible acting

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
yeah I don't think HuGo is that dumb. Lesser goalies are getting claimed Primeau is 24 and still has 2 years as a cost-controlled back-up at under 1 million.
If Allen looks cooked, he might not have a choice and accept a trade or whatever. He's been lousy and injury-prone.
No way I lose an asset like Primeau for free
Primeau gets claimed i'm almost certain. Decent size goalie. Decent AHL stats. Had an okay camp. Is 24 which is relatively young for a goalie but with enough experience to be ready if he got what it takes. A team will look what's there for sure like we did with Montembeault.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
There are those who are irrationally negative and those that are irrationally positive and their opinions are just noise......we just need more rational, objective discussion in the middle. It is just a reflection of today's society that has become increasingly polarized and disproportionately influenced by irrational actors on the extreme fringes of the discussion.

Sports and music discussions are steeped in subjectivity and personal bias where people are offended by statements that have nothing to do with themselves yet they personalize perceived slights to their bias of choice.

I can share objective concerns about Slafkovsky or Hutson and it will legitimately anger people for no other reason than they just don't want to hear it or consider it because they don't like how it makes them feel. No matter how many times I say that I am happy to have both as prospects the focus remains on a slight that somehow is perceived as personal as they approach the debate from an egocentric point of view rather than entertain evidence based objective analysis.

Bergevin was a great example of this as there are posters who will absolutely not give him credit for anything and spin everything into a cesspool of circular logic designed to protect their narrative and it is both sad and pathetic. MB did some great things and some terrible things but there are very few who are honest enough to provide an objective breakdown of his tenure as the Habs GM.
Sure Bergevin made some solid trades throughout his tenure. No matter his "great" things, his overall score is a whopping F, for fail or forget about it or f*** off. Couldn't build a cohesive team in front of the best goalie in the league and Markov-Subban on D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad