LeBrun: Guentzel: Pens want prospects over picks - Carolina favorite

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’d take Othmann and a 1st.. Toss a couple very late picks in because we are in need of prospect volume.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Yes, the former Rangers GM with the user name "NYCNeil" is getting his information from Pittsburgh. Flawless logic.
He was the GM of the team when everyone being discussed in trades here was in diapers or not even a thought yet. Unless he is being fed information by Slats, he's not breaking news.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I’d take Othmann and a 1st.. Toss a couple very late picks in because we are in need of prospect volume.

Yeah I don't see how anyone would shit on Othmann as a prospect. Dude seems like a Hornqvist/Guentzel clone that has some snarl to his game, I would love him as the centerpiece.

Asking for Perreault is just being greedy IMO.

Reactions: Dominance and Jacob

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Yeah idk man

Giroux going for Tippett and a 1st makes me think JG can easily get Perreault

JG is by far the best rental the market has seen in a long time. Especially since it’s rumored to be NY or CAR and who ever doesn’t get him likely has to play vs him in the playoffs

Tippet was 5 years older and played over 90 games for FLA before the trade. Tippett value to FLA is not the same as Perreault’s. Drury is not trading Gabe. I can promise you this.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
They'd be getting the best player on the market and are a win now team. That's absolutely a reasonable ask. You said earlier we should try and get LEKK and Hogs from VAN. That's even more of a haul.

No it isn't. When was the last time a prospect of Perreault's caliber was trade for a rental?

Teams flat out don't trade prospects performing as well as Perreault for rentals. It doesn't happen. Even the Penguins pulling off someone like Othmann or Scott Morrow would be unusual.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
No it isn't. When was the last time a prospect of Perreault's caliber was trade for a rental?

Teams flat out don't trade prospects performing as well as Perreault for rentals. It doesn't happen. Even the Penguins pulling off someone like Othmann or Scott Morrow would be unusual.
You mentioned LEKK AND Hogs, how is that any different?

• Haha
Reactions: rangersfansince08

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Perrault and a 1st will do.
I still fail to see how we sign him going forward, and giving him a 7 year term when he's going to be 30 to start the season is not very smart here for us. Guentzel is a fantastic player, but as a rental, we're still not a very good team. (I know, know, but our record...)

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The one thing I don't get about them throwing Kakko in the lineup for NYR even in a Guentzel trade, that team is pretty bad 5v5. Kakko is actually one of their better 5v5 guys on the roster, Guentzel is an elite finisher but not sure if that's the route you want to go on. But in a vacuum, NYR would be smart to make that trade. If I'm Carolina, I pivot to Buchnevich ASAP if Guentzel goes to NY

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The one thing I don't get about them throwing Kakko in the lineup for NYR even in a Guentzel trade, that team is pretty bad 5v5. Kakko is actually one of their better 5v5 guys on the roster, Guentzel is an elite finisher but not sure if that's the route you want to go on. But in a vacuum, NYR would be smart to make that trade. If I'm Carolina, I pivot to Buchnevich ASAP if Guentzel goes to NY
Canes will target Smith and like it! :naughty:

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida

Super curious what angle Florida is taking.

We discussed it yesterday but if they were to add Guentzel - just wow.

I would have figured it's down to Vancouver / NY / CAR - the Vegas/FLA stuff I just don't see but they're both chips-in teams so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad