LeBrun: Guentzel: Pens want prospects over picks - Carolina favorite

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
LOL

Literally one of the dumbest posts I’ve ever seen in my life.

“The PPG playoff performer who has scored 40+ multiple times isn’t worth Kakko”

What a f***ing terrible post. I feel embarrassment and shame and I didn’t even say it.

Sorry we are usually winning cups. Maybe you can educate us on what it’s like for our team to suck?

EDIT: I ninja edited after two people liked it, sorry Jacob and IafrateOvie. Added the second part
Yeah, I was thinking he is the leader in the clubhouse for dumbest hf post of the year……. And that’s hard to accomplish.

Last edited:

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
The one thing I don't get about them throwing Kakko in the lineup for NYR even in a Guentzel trade, that team is pretty bad 5v5. Kakko is actually one of their better 5v5 guys on the roster, Guentzel is an elite finisher but not sure if that's the route you want to go on. But in a vacuum, NYR would be smart to make that trade. If I'm Carolina, I pivot to Buchnevich ASAP if Guentzel goes to NY
Guentzel isn’t a pure finisher. He’s an extremely good player at all things offense 5 on 5.

IMG_4405.jpeg

Reactions: Trade and Jacob

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Super curious what angle Florida is taking.

We discussed it yesterday but if they were to add Guentzel - just wow.

I would have figured it's down to Vancouver / NY / CAR - the Vegas/FLA stuff I just don't see but they're both chips-in teams so who knows.
Florida might be my favorite option.

Target Lundell and give him 2C responsibilities next year. Slide Geno to RW.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Yeah I don't see how anyone would shit on Othmann as a prospect. Dude seems like a Hornqvist/Guentzel clone that has some snarl to his game, I would love him as the centerpiece.

Asking for Perreault is just being greedy IMO.
Then call me Gordon Gecko

(I know they won’t get him)

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
That doesn't excite me, they need to do better. Not sure WHO these teams think they are, but they better pony up! Lets go! Must think Jakes a dime a dozen player. WTF!!!!
Dubas will Waite until the final hour and then accept the best offer. He just needs to be certain the best offer is still on the table and isn’t used to get a different player before he decides it’s the one he wants. There is always the chance interested teams will pivot, if they believe the ask is too much, to a different player. Then those assets are no longer available.

Reactions: Regal

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Yes, I know but he's not a line driver per se and that's what NYR really needs next to Zibanejad and Kreider. In a vacuum, it's obviously the right move but I'm not totally sure he's the guy to unlock them fully is my point
Totally fair then. Guentzel is not the guy to bring in to motor around and control shifts.

His deficiencies are also his strengths though. Does not need the puck to be effective at all.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Dubas will Waite until the final hour and then accept the best offer. He just needs to be certain the best offer is still on the table and isn’t used to get a different player before he decides it’s the one he wants. There is always the chance interested teams will pivot, if they believe the ask is too much, to a different player. Then those assets are no longer available.
I don't think he's gonna wait until the final hour for two reasons:

1st: Other teams in the interim get players from somewhere else
2hd: We have other pieces to move and he's likely the catalyst for the dominoes to fall.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
See what Dubas does to fanbases?? Gets everyone’s head spinning in every different direction, because he plays the media games.

Guentzel is gonna be traded. None of us NOR any insider knows what’s actually been offered, or as to the quality of those offers.

Dubas could flat out tell the truth, or make things up, and the other manager would deny it. Some managers like using the media to create more interest. Some can’t stand their laundry in the media.

We’ll know when the trade goes down. Then we can piece it back together, to see who was making things up, and who was legit. Just like we now know a lot of the Hanifin stuff was BS from the media types for clicks, and the people who’d been saying Vegas, and pretty much only Vegas is what they were hearing for 2-3 months were spot-on…

The deadline has become an actual production for so many, that fans freak out over the smallest phrase used. Relax… They do it on purpose to drive traffic to their sites. They live off of phrase like “if”, “I could see”, etc, etc. Every time it’s apparent a team is “out” those phrases get used constantly to keep interest in their sites. Very few of them actually talk to scouts. They get tips right before a deal goes public from people in media relations, and then congratulate themselves.

The NHL Trade Deadline has literally become a business. Little should be taken as gospel from the media types, anywhere around the week leading up to it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Correction from a previous tweet. Kaplan said that the Rangers have been hesitant to move Kakko, but Othmann and a 1st may be included in the "pretty good offer" for Guentzel.

Reactions: Kupo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad