LeBrun: Guentzel: Pens want prospects over picks - Carolina favorite

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Mikheyev, Podkolzin, Raty, Silovs, 1st in 25’ (top 15 protected) for Guentzel retained.

Willing to add a minor pick conditional if we win a round in playoffs etc.

Not sure why Pens wouldn’t accept that

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Mikheyev, Podkolzin, Raty, Silovs, 1st in 25’ (top 15 protected) for Guentzel retained.

Because that’s a bunch of shit that has a better than 50% chance of having no value in the future. That’s an Armstrong, Christensen, Esposito and late first package except maybe worse.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Kakko is the drizzling shits.

It’s gonna be 2035 one day and people here will still be talking about how he’s going to break out any day now.
It would be like getting a 1st and 3rd/4th round pick equivalent

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010

Because Dubas said he wants quality not quantity.

Reactions: domaug

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
I wouldn't trade Kakko straight up for Guentzel nonetheless with a 1st attached. Unless Sid is coming with him, Guentzel does nothing for me. You'll get the same production from someone like Duclair for a fraction of the price.
You absolutely would not get the same production from Duclair

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So if we're going to ignore the Hurricanes GM literally saying 2 weeks ago that they don't pay premium assets for rentals and this, then sure. Carolina is in! They might even be offering Nikishin!

I trust Friedman literally saying "Carolina has an offer for Guentzel that Pittsburgh sees value in".

Sounds like you're just bitter your team is going to have to settle on Zucker because the Penguins wouldn't take scraps for Guentzel.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
So if we're going to ignore the Hurricanes GM literally saying 2 weeks ago that they don't pay premium assets for rentals and this, then sure. Carolina is in! They might even be offering Nikishin!

No wanting to do something doesn’t preclude them from doing it anyway.

Case in point, Ken Holland traded a 1st for a rental for the very first time in an over 25 year GM career just yesterday.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Your team doesn't have the assets to get Guentzel without trading Hoglander or Lekkerimaki. Your own team has admitted that.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
This post is absolutely insane
When he is away from Crosby, he becomes just another guy. Even his stats with Malkin are trash.

JG_EM_SC_2122_2324.PNG

Crosby makes average wingers good, good wingers great, and great wingers excellent. He's done it forever. Guentzel is not the exception to the rule. I am not moving a 23 YO 3rd line winger with team control for two more seasons for a rental that has no shot to re-sign here. Sorry, not good business at all.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
I trust Friedman literally saying "Carolina has an offer for Guentzel that Pittsburgh sees value in".

Sounds like you're just bitter your team is going to have to settle on Zucker because the Penguins wouldn't take scraps for Guentzel.

Meh, not bitter - I've been saying the west is too deep and that there's no point in wasting assets on Guentzel when he isn't going to be enough of a difference maker to propel us over some of these other teams. Someone like Toffoli makes more sense for us - anything that doesn't cost Hoglander/Willander/Lekkerimaki.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
When he is away from Crosby, he becomes just another guy. Even his stats with Malkin are trash.

View attachment 831427

Crosby makes average wingers good, good wingers great, and great wingers excellent. He's done it forever. Guentzel is not the exception to the rule. I am not moving a 23 YO 3rd line winger with team control for two more seasons for a rental that has no shot to re-sign here. Sorry, not good business at all.

Dude that's a 120 minute sample size.

We got that the first 65 times you posted it, man.

Maybe stop offering shit packages that aren't even in the same stratosphere as what's being offered for Guentzel

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014

View attachment 831427

Ehh, he isn't really a play driver so not surprised his results without Crosby aren't good. If you're looking for that Buchnevich is a much better target ironically

Reactions: JimmyG89

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
I wouldn't trade Kakko straight up for Guentzel nonetheless with a 1st attached. Unless Sid is coming with him, Guentzel does nothing for me. You'll get the same production from someone like Duclair for a fraction of the price.
Are you a Petr Prucha fan by any chance.

• Haha
Reactions: Pens1566

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London

When Friedman says "Carolina has an offer for Guentzel that Pittsburgh sees value in" is he saying that Carolina has made an offer or that they have the assets to make an offer? A lot of the heat from Carolina seems to me like Friedman just having the opinion that they should go for it and have a lot of prospects.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
When Freidman says "Carolina has an offer for Guentzel that Pittsburgh sees value in" is he saying that Carolina has made an offer or that they have the assets to make an offer? A lot of the heat from Carolina seems to me like Friedman just having the opinion that they should go for it and have a lot of prospects.

Carolina has made an offer. That's what Friedman said.

From the talk before:

-Canes have made an offer, and Friedman believes that they're willing to do something they haven't done before with a rental.
-Rangers had to acquire a center before going all-in on Guentzel
-Vegas wanted to acquire Hanifin and see what they had left to offer for Guentzel
-Colorado jumped in after clearing out Johansen's deal

Teams were telling Pittsburgh "they had to get some business done, but then we're in", but it seems like that has since happened with the Rangers acquiring Wennberg and Vegas getting Hanifin. Friedman says a bunch of these teams are in on Guentzel after "finishing their business".

Friedman finished this with saying that he thinks the Penguins saw value in Carolina's offer, but they were holding up because other teams were saying "we want to talk Guentzel after finishing up a few other things".

So more or less, Dubas didn't overplay his hand according to Friedman.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Are you a Petr Prucha fan by any chance.
Prucha was fantastic at tapping in passes from Jagr on the PP in that first season after the lockout. Shame he had no idea how to protect himself. He would have had a decent NHL career as a 3rd line type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad