Funny things you thought about wrestling as a kid

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bench Clearer

Aug 10, 2023
-I remember asking my father during a no disqualification match on Monday Night Raw "why not just bring a gun to the ring and shoot him?" He got a good laugh out of that one.

-I remember not believing Ric Flair's legacy at all. When I was 10 and the nWo was popular, they used to beat him up all the time, even though he claimed to be a 13 time world champion or whatever. That was when I first started watching WCW and had no clue about the promotions history, therefore I had never heard of him, and basically I assumed that he was just a delusional old man but everyone felt sorry for him so they went ahead letting him think that he was a great champion. It wasn't until several years later that I realized the extent of his legacy in wrestling!

-I hated my fourth grade teacher and was convinced that Diamond Dallas Page would show up out of nowhere and give her the Diamond Cutter when she was scolding me for not doing my homework. Sadly, this never happened.

-I remember being convinced that Triple H was just a flash in the pan during his first world title run, then Austin would come back and beat him at Wrestlemania for the title, after which he would either go back to being a mid carder or never be heard from again. Oops!

-I thought Hulk Hogan really was going to run for president in the year 2000, and that Bill Clinton really was going to show up to congratulate him on that Monday Nitro in late 98.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad