Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Offer Sheets?!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Saaaame. I wonder if we will have a good October. I'm not sure I could handle the twitter negativity if we don't.
Twitter is a cesspool of toxicity, racists and bigots, and misinformation. I try to use it as little as possible and only follow credible hockey sources to get news from. Then immediately exit the tab.

I only use 3 social medias anyway. Reddit, Instagram where all my closest friends and family are on, and HF which I’m counting. The rest can f*** off.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I only use 3 social medias anyway. Reddit, Instagram where all my closest friends and family are on, and HF which I’m counting. The rest can f*** off.

Literally the same 3. I got rid of facebook a few years ago and honestly never thought about it since.

I strategically booked my vacation coming up, so I return right when training camp starts. Should help a couple weeks fly by.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Twitter is a cesspool of toxicity, racists and bigots, and misinformation. I try to use it as little as possible and only follow credible hockey sources to get news from. Then immediately exit the tab.

Are you me?

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Twitter is only good now for posting your own stuff. Like I can't post a short video clip here of my own, but using Twitter I can.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I got rid of twitter a while ago.

I still have FB but only use it for marketplace and a couple groups that I am in.

Insta is for sure my main one, but I don’t use it for sports info really.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays

Same same. But I used to be on Reddit all the time. Now its pretty bad with it being an election year down south, bots and ads running rampant and both political sides getting weirder ( I lean heavily left but they are being co opted and eating themselves alive) Goes back to the internet was an epic place until everyone joined. This will always be my happy place

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Same same. But I used to be on Reddit all the time. Now its pretty bad with it being an election year down south, bots and ads running rampant and both political sides getting weirder ( I lean heavily left but they are being co opted and eating themselves alive) Goes back to the internet was an epic place until everyone joined. This will always be my happy place
This place is a toilet as well, most certainly worse in specific ways than other places, but the proof is in the pudding that I am unwilling to go without it given the nominal fee I pay to use it comfortably. I don't pay Elon's ransom. I only pay the special HFBoards ransom.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
This place is a toilet as well, most certainly worse in specific ways than other places, but the proof is in the pudding that I am unwilling to go without it given the nominal fee I pay to use it comfortably. I don't pay Elon's ransom. I only pay the special HFBoards ransom.
I mean it’s 10101010100% better than CDC/CF (updated forums). I made this account in 2015 but I officially like migrated over here a couple of years ago and have not looked back since. The pro Benning crap and unfair moderating was just too much. The quality of discussion, insight, knowledge, and just basic intelligence of posters here is just far too superior and I wish I had been a poster of these boards much earlier.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Players who claim they don't follow themselves on social media or even bother posting anything, automatically go 'up in my estimation.

It means they're totally focused on getting better on ice, rather than spending a single minute worrying about what some troll is saying about them Twitter, X, Instragram, Reddit, Tik-Tok or any other social media cesspool.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
This is where I’m at. Stop catering to nostalgia and forge an actual strong lasting identity.
Agree with the sentiment here. But given that the Orca is like their longest lasting logo, this is the identity. Just go with it. Stop making weird *wink wink* references to maybe going back to the skate, but not really.

Reactions: racerjoe and Vector

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Nostalgia isn't the only reason the black jerseys are well liked. Its because they look the slickest and if you disagree you have poor taste. Or maybe we can blame it on your aversion to the Canucks of the 90's that you have a bad memory of.
Yes, it is exclusively nostalgia.

The spaghetti plate logo is butt ugly and a black base should never be a primary for any hockey team.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Agree with the sentiment here. But given that the Orca is like their longest lasting logo, this is the identity. Just go with it. Stop making weird *wink wink* references to maybe going back to the skate, but not really.

My preference is to stay with the Orca but if they insist on changing the logo then don't go back to the Skate.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
The skate is fine as a retro throwback. But black, red, yellow remains a passing fad color combination from the late 70’s / early 80’s and it’s no coincidence that no other major league sports teams have adopted that combination.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
The skate is fine as a retro throwback. But black, red, yellow remains a passing fad color combination from the late 70’s / early 80’s and it’s no coincidence that no other major league sports teams have adopted that combination.
Which is why we need to jump back on it! Sets us apart! Hallowe'en!

Delocatedfan

Jun 1, 2021
How are we feeling about the Demko situation? Do we think a trade or signing will happen or is it a Silovs Patera tandem to start the year

Reactions: theguardianII

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Id be happiest if they kept the orca but changed to the team Germany colours. Black orca, red ice, yellow outlines and accents
Thank you, I am trying to lose a bit of weight and this made me purge my breakfast

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
How are we feeling about the Demko situation? Do we think a trade or signing will happen or is it a Silovs Patera tandem to start the year
Depends on how long they think Demko will be out? If he's out all of October, that is 9 games with no B2B. So, if Silovs and Patera can handle it, I think they sit tight. If he's out end of Nov, that's another 13 games to get us to 22 games. Then the probably need someone.

It's August 26, so end of Oct is 9 weeks.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Players who claim they don't follow themselves on social media or even bother posting anything, automatically go 'up in my estimation.

It means they're totally focused on getting better on ice, rather than spending a single minute worrying about what some troll is saying about them Twitter, X, Instragram, Reddit, Tik-Tok or any other social media cesspool.
Automatically?

AI confirmed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad