Devils will win the President's Trophy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
No you tell us

The stupidity of the Keefe cannot be told, the stupidity of the Keefe must be witnessed, the stupidity of the Keefe must be experienced.

Otherwise the stupidity of the Keefe cannot be understood.

You will bare witness and then, and ONLY then will you understand the stupidity of the Keefe.

Then and ONLY then will you be educated.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Well something's missing right? They're too fragile? An evident lack of toughness? No team vision? No strong leadership? No steady hand at the till? The wrong veterans? Too injury-prone? Well what is it?

Yeah sure they had some injuries but if their roster's so elite and President's Cup worthy shouldn't they at least have managed to be a bubble team?

Be honest with yourself man. Last year's results proved that Jersey doesn't have the horses to be a contender. It weren't just the goaltending amigo.

Classy. A nice shot at the Habs' fandom for being Francos in large part. Why didn't you just call me a frog while you're at it?

BTW English is my 3rd language but on the flip side I was an English Lit major in college.

American news? The F you on about bro? There's no narrative to construct. The Devils' fandom seemed to be tickled pink about their team despite the fact they crapped the bed last year. I mean the Habs suck too but we're in the middle of a rebuild.

I mean I often mock the Leafs but rare are the teams that have the insane firepower of TML. Matthews is a generational goal scorer and the rest of the gang are no slouches. Sure they may be underwhelming in the playoffs but there's absolutely no doubt that they can get to the post-season with their eyes closed. The Devils? not so much.
You’re trying way too hard. You don’t believe in NJ, got it. At least you have those Habs to look forward to. A famously level-headed bunch, of which you are a part.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The forward depth is miserable. It's worse than it was last year and it was a big problem last year. We basically have as many NHL caliber D as we do forwards lol. Also I'm not sure Fitz knows what centers are either on the NHL team or organizationally in general.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I'm with OP and not sure why there are so many laugh emojis on the post.

Devils IMO have a top 3, at worst top 5, roster on paper. Loaded everywhere and deep at all positions.
Fair enough on paper sure but to me it seems that the Devils are one of those teams that it lesser than it's parts and need to figure out what kind of team they are and grow into it.

Alot will depend on their goaltending this year but I'd take the canes or even the NYR over them for the Pres trophy but who knows a lot can happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: viceroy

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Fair enough on parer sure but to me it seems that the Devils are one of those teams that it lesser than it's parts and need to figure out what kind of team they are and grow into it.

Alot will depend on their goaltending this year but I'd take the canes or even the NYR over them for the Pres trophy but who knows a lot can happen.
Last year was a disaster for many reasons but the year before they went to the 2nd round.

That 2nd round team has added Meier, Pesce, Dillon, L. Hughes, Nemec, and Markstrom since then.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
The stupidity of the Keefe cannot be told, the stupidity of the Keefe must be witnessed, the stupidity of the Keefe must be experienced.

Otherwise the stupidity of the Keefe cannot be understood.

You will bare witness and then, and ONLY then will you understand the stupidity of the Keefe.

Then and ONLY then will you be educated.
I’m gonna show YOU how great I am

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Be honest with yourself man. Last year's results proved that Jersey doesn't have the horses to be a contender. It weren't just the goaltending amigo.
I have a challenge for you since all these Devil fans are saying they're going to win the President's Trophy and Stanley Cup in this thread. Re-read the entire thread and quote every single Devils fan saying this. If you find 2, you win. (No picking lines out of posts, post must be in it's entirety)

You will not be able to do this, because it DIDN'T happen.

I know you'll just say no and continue thinking you're right, but you're not.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Last year was a disaster for many reasons but the year before they went to the 2nd round.

That 2nd round team has added Meier, Pesce, Dillon, L. Hughes, Nemec, and Markstrom since then.
Sure one season everything went right then the next most things went wrong so they probably end up somewhere in the higher middle but President's trophy seems too high unless they start to gell on ice as good as they look on paper.

Reactions: viceroy

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So one NJ fan created a headline that didn't quite jibe with his actual message and is followed by the usual piling on of misrepresentations about "Devils fans" from people who don't want to try to understand what people actually post. Never change HF never change.

To be fair, this phenomenon is pretty common with just about any overly exuberant post by a fan of any team. Somehow the ramblings of one or two fans becomes the hive mind positions of "fans" of a team.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Once again, the F you on about? I hear ya, you're delighted how things are shaping up for your Devils. Good on ya, I just think maybe you should, as we say in Quebec "Peut-être te garder une p'tite gêne."

To be honest I practically never think of the NJD but there's a bunch of y'all that keep popping up on the Main Boards talking trash and waxing poetic on how this year Jersey will be kicking bottom. Okie dokie.
I think what you're looking for is: "what the F are you going on about"...

just trying to help

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I have a challenge for you since all these Devil fans are saying they're going to win the President's Trophy and Stanley Cup in this thread. Re-read the entire thread and quote every single Devils fan saying this. If you find 2, you win. (No picking lines out of posts, post must be in it's entirety)

You will not be able to do this, because it DIDN'T happen.

I know you'll just say no and continue thinking you're right, but you're not.

Seriously, should be quite easy for @viceroy to produce some receipts given he said "...all these NJD fans..."

No way it could only be the OP and one NJD fan that he completely took out of context that he's referring to, right?

Jiminy Crickett all these NJD fans keep shouting that they're President's Cup faves and Cup contenders whilst they haven't even showed us that they can be a consistent playoff team. Now this guy states that his team's elite but Jersey can't even make it to the sweet sixteen and I call him out on it and then you show up to defend your team's honour. Look, the Devils are nothing special until they've proven otherwise. Capisce?

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
At least you have those Habs to look forward to. A famously level-headed bunch, of which you are a part.

Well most of us are. I mean there's that one dude that keeps posting ape-shiat trade proposals but most of us are a reasonable lot I believe. I mean 99% believe that we won't make the playoffs unless everything goes super perfect for us.

Now a difference between our two fandoms is that Habs fans will call out bad actors in their group. You can guarantee that if one of our yokels started saying we were guaranteed a spot in the playoffs he'd get shouted down from our very own whereas Devils fans seem quite content letting their yahoos spout foolishness. I think many of you NJD fans actually believe you guys are contenders despite underwhelming results.

I have a challenge for you since all these Devil fans are saying they're going to win the President's Trophy and Stanley Cup in this thread.

qui tacet consentire videtur

I think what you're looking for is: "what the F are you going on about"...

just trying to help

I'm quite happy with my prose, thank you very much.

No way it could only be the OP and one NJD fan that he completely took out of context that he's referring to, right?

qui tacet consentire videtur - redux

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Well most of us are. I mean there's that one dude that keeps posting ape-shiat trade proposals but most of us are a reasonable lot I believe. I mean 99% believe that we won't make the playoffs unless everything goes super perfect for us.

Now a difference between our two fandoms is that Habs fans will call out bad actors in their group. You can guarantee that if one of our yokels started saying we were guaranteed a spot in the playoffs he'd get shouted down from our very own whereas Devils fans seem quite content letting their yahoos spout foolishness. I think many of you NJD fans actually believe you guys are contenders despite underwhelming results.

qui tacet consentire videtur

I'm quite happy with my prose, thank you very much.

qui tacet consentire videtur - redux

Does that translate to "I can't actually provide any proof to back up the BS I am spewing"?

Sorry, but my French is a bit rusty.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Does that translate to "I can't actually provide any proof to back up the BS I am spewing"?

Sorry, but my French is a bit rusty.

No idea why you decided to answer me in French but, I literally showed you what I said in this thread. But here is a reminder.

If this isn't calling out the OP enough for you, I don't know what is.
He's basically saying that every Devils fan that doesn't deny what the OP is saying is agreeing with the OP.

So we have to wheel out every Devils fan to this thread

At this point I feel sad for other Hab's fans and to Quebecer's at large.

Reactions: HBK27

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
He's basically saying that every Devils fan that doesn't deny what the OP is saying is agreeing with the OP.

So we have to wheel out every Devils fan to this thread

At this point I feel sad for other Hab's fans and to Quebecer's at large.
He's just upset because he got caught lying. He won't actually answer anything simply because he knows he's wrong.

It's really just another case people reading the OP and assigning the blame to the entire fanbase, so just like every other thread here.

Reactions: HBK27

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
The forward depth is miserable. It's worse than it was last year and it was a big problem last year. We basically have as many NHL caliber D as we do forwards lol. Also I'm not sure Fitz knows what centers are either on the NHL team or organizationally in general.

Forward depth has been the only strength. The goals for were 4th and 12th in the previous seasons. Even with all the injuries.

Now what about goals against: 26th last season with 3.43 (eww) and going to this season with 2 defenders out (Nemec and L.Hughes) is no bueno.

Last edited:

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
They added Noesen, Tatar, and Cotter while losing Holtz and McLeod. I think the depth is a little better. No idea why Fitz is ignoring the center position though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad