Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Offer Sheets?!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
1724537175995.png

1724537242105.png

1724537313795.png

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Someone post the logo that actually ripped from a restaurant in Victoria lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Coffees

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I don't have strong uniform opinions for the Canucks except they endlessly disappoint me by trotting out the black "skate" over and over and over without ever giving us the white version.
Ive been fairly disappointed in the way they butchered the black jersey by “modernizing” it as well

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Ive been fairly disappointed in the way they butchered the black jersey by “modernizing” it as well
I just did a side by side from pics. I don't care much about the added small black stripe between the red and yellow. The yellow is too f***ing bright though. And I definitely prefer the old numbers and letters with the double border.

Reactions: Kryten

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I don't have strong uniform opinions for the Canucks except they endlessly disappoint me by trotting out the black "skate" over and over and over without ever giving us the white version.
Be ready to be disappointed because they’re trotting out the skate more than the regular jersey at home games this season.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
My thoughts:

-Will only hurt Silovs to rush him. He needs consistent AHL games to continue his progression. Not saying he can’t get called up for 10-15 but he needs to play and not get bounced around.

-same thoughts for Tolipilo. Let him develop in the AHL

-Paterra isn’t a proven NHL backup at all. He’s a good option and a solid AHL goalie. Not who you want to be your main backup.

-Canucks need a backup. Demko hasn’t played a full season since 2021 and isn’t getting younger. The goal should be for him for play 40-45 games and stay fresh. He’s had two seasons over 50 games.

-Canucks will surely go for it, they will deal picks I don’t like it but I know it’s bound to happen. Forbert is always injured as well, bring in someone other than Juuleen. They need a puck mover. My pick is Barrie. Can move the puck very well. Should be fine playing 30-40 games.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
trade for adam larsson. maybe a couple of picks+roster player for him. because they have way too many forwards. sorta like the zadorov deal. 4th and a 2nd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vector

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Johnny Canuck logo is perfect…for the AHL. It’s a minor league logo for a minor league team. Always has been.
Trouble is, almost every hockey fan in NA, has absolutely no idea what a 'Canuck' actually is. Who knows, maybe there a few people who don't know a whale from a minnow, and actually believe that the Canuck is just another name for an Orca, which can be found swimming around in the Pacific Ocean.

At least with the Johnny Canuck logo on the front of the uniform, people would know what a 'Canuck' actually is. So from that standpoint, their minor league team in Abbotsford has a leg up on the parent club.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
The pattern in the stripes is horrendous.

Switch the orca logo for the modern stick in rink and leave the shoulders without a patch. Use the classic black skate as a 3rd for occasional use at home. Never make a change again.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
For me the rank for jerseys/logos goes:

1)Orca: Was the logo when I first started watching the team and has been the team logo for half its existence. Keeps the blue and green colours and looks good with them now that the word art is gone. The Orca also fits a west coast/marine motif. I get the history of Orca Bay though and understand why the fans over 35-40 don’t like it.

2) Stick and Rink: Good classic look and a great jersey. Keeps the blue and green. My choice if we move away from the Orca.

3) Skate: Probably the coolest jerseys in our arsenal. I prefer them as a third though. Skate has no west coast connection. Also lose the blue and green which are a more unique colour set to black. Red and yellow are also Flames colours. I would love to see a white jersey someday though. Maybe next outdoor game.

4) Flying V: no explanation needed

5) Johnny Canuck. The V one works as a shoulder patch but the full logo does not work as a main logo. Cartoony and looks like a logo from EA create a team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad